Amazon pre-order watch thread

Aw man....so the good news is I just got my shipping confirmation for the 21st. But the game unlocks at midnight on the 21st (with pre-download before that)...so is the conventional wisdom 1) the code is in the box so 2) I'm at the mercy of when it shows up on Friday to *start* downloading?

Does anyone have any advice on options (other than buying a second copy of the game on steam ahead of time, I'm not *quite* that desperate)?

Someone on reddit said they would also email codes for 25th year deluxe edition. I have no idea if this is true.

I didn't order mine from, Amazon but at Game Stop, I went in and showed the manager a picture of the Steam screen that it goes live on the 20th and he told me to come in on the 20th and I can pick mine up

I got an email about my 25th anniversary preorder. Estimated delivery date is 10/27. I'm east coast, USA.

Edit: I noticed I could change it to Free 2 day shipping (I'm not an Amazon Prime member), so I did. Once I did, it changed to Oct 19th ship date, arriving friday.

Last edited:
Someone on reddit said they would also email codes for 25th year deluxe edition. I have no idea if this is true.

And hope springs eternal! Even if this isn't true, by the time I know that I will be that much closer to actually receiving it.

G

I just upgraded to one day shipping so we'll probably get keys, lol. Mine will show up 5 minutes after I get the shipping email. ;). Either way, we're almost there.

EDIT: waste of money upgrading to 1 day. They just changed the ship date to the 20th... Was hoping for a Thursday delivery but no such luck.

Last edited:
I don't even see a shipping option on mine. And am I the only (loser) who got the Deluxe Digital Edition lol?

I canceled my physical one and bought the digital key even though it cost 10 euros more

only bought on amazon anyway cause I got a gift voucher. Would be nice if you get the key mailed a bit earlier so you can start downloading.

My collectors edition was marked yesterday with a shipping date of the 19th and arrival of the 21st...really want them to send the Steam key so I can play at midnight.

Here is a video on the release schedule.

Also, I am thinking that because im in Sydney (Zone 1) and that I ordered from Amazon USA (Zone 3), that I will have to wait I think an extra 12 hours for my key (BOOOOOOO!).

I hope I am wrong. I hope my download is fast. I hope I do not start my first game after midnight.

I Pre-ordered from Amazon (I have Amazon Prime) on :Order placed August 25, 2016 - and I currently have:
Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Hopefully, it will be updated in the morning. *sigh*

If you are nervous that the game won't show up in time, just contact their customer support. I did that yesterday and got a response back within a couple hours giving me a free upgrade to 1 day shipping, and they are looking into emailing a key as well.

If you are nervous that the game won't show up in time, just contact their customer support. I did that yesterday and got a response back within a couple hours giving me a free upgrade to 1 day shipping, and they are looking into emailing a key as well.

They told me, regardless of the release day delivery, that it will get here when it gets here (paraphrase). Will probably cancel my order, possibly my membership this is the second time they really botched an order in my previous 3.

So can we pre-download? Do we have to wait for Amazon to send us the key or can we just look up for the game on Steam and do it right now? Where I live I'm sure the game would take like a whole day to download.

OK now amazon says: "Available on October 21, 2016 at 12:00 AM (US/Pacific). We will send you an e-mail to when this item is available." So it looks like I won't get to pre-download even though I ordered the digital version

Still no delivery date for me.

I actually just called Amazon Customer Service. They said that it shows up as out of stock in their system but that is because the item hasn't been released yet. They told me that my order looks okay and that I should get updated shipping info when the item is officially released (in a few days).

I certainly hope that last part is true. :please:

Top Bottom