1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Amazon pre-order watch thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Oleary, Oct 17, 2016.

1. lynxxyarly

lynxxyarly Warlord

They actually gave me 15 total so far. 5 dollars last night, and then 10 today. I confirmed I have 15 in credit. I don't care about the money, though. I just want the game for the weekend....

JeSuisPerdue likes this.
  2. JeSuisPerdue

JeSuisPerdue Chieftain

Update: Just got the email from Amazon that my copy shipped. Supposed to be here Monday. Guess I'll have to play Planet Coaster all weekend instead. Fun, but.... not what I was planning.

3. T.c.w7468

T.c.w7468 ...

I am the one with the Amazon copy that was delayed until December. I did almost exactly what you did, option D. I bought the Gamestop version last night online (anniversary edition), and it turns out they have it and it arrived this morning (I had to pay a lot extra, but that's okay for me I guess), and now I'm playing away. I'm thinking about just keeping the Amazon copy if it ever comes and seeing if I can sell it or gift it or something.

4. _MysteryMachine

_MysteryMachine Chieftain

I got an email saying my order is ready for pickup. MOST of the Best Buy's around Austin, TX had "1-3 copies in stock" but of course not the one right down the street from my office LOL. So whether I show up and its the standard edition and not the anniversary remains to be seen, but it looks promising. Don't get the 20% off like I did from Amazon and Best Buy won't price match since Amazon doesn't have it in stock... but that's partially offset by the apology $5 and 1 free month of prime amazon gave me as "apologies".

5. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Open the box up in the store if you get the 25th anny edition. Mine is missing the cloth map. Overall, not impressed with the quality either. 25 years of Civ I was expecting more. Oh well, loading the game so maybe that will make up for the disappointment...

6. _MysteryMachine

_MysteryMachine Chieftain

To be fair.. it is only $10 more than the digital deluxe edition and has all the same content as it plus the coins and art book and you actually get a dvd of the game. I was really hoping for a CD copy of the soundtrack but I haven't heard anyone say it came with one (I have the CD soundtrack from Civ IV, but V just put in a code). The Civ IV special edition was GREAT.

7. vcutag

vcutag Warlord

Update: It just arrived.

8. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

Delivery confirmation...my collectors edition is sitting outside my door! I've got the new menu music and Calling All Dawn's queued up for the ride home to get me pumped.:goodjob:

Sorry to all those struggling with their Amazon orders. :cringe:

9. Sareln

Sareln Warlord

Update: Still no news from amazon, last night I went ahead and got the digital preorder via another vendor. I wonder if they'll ever ship this thing or if they'll just say: "whoops, we sold more than we got, sucks to be you".

10. CaptainKoloth

CaptainKoloth Chieftain

Yup, I'm in this boat... not happy. Waste of all this time I had set aside this weekend and won't be able to easily make again.

11. Sareln

Sareln Warlord

Amazon just sent an e-mail claiming it will arrive wednesday, but using their flow which asks if you still want the items, eg:

"We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. The new delivery date is indicated below. If you still want to receive these items, please let us know. We apologize for the delay."

I said I still want them, I wonder if they'll show up?

12. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

I didn't receive a map either, which as far as I remember was not advertised as an included item.

13. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

I moved and even though I notified Amazon of my new address and have had packages delivered to the new address they sent my Collector's Edition TO MY OLD ADDRESS.

Been on the phone with Amazon/UPS for an hour trying to straighten this out.

I'll be lucky if I'll be playing a week from now.

Bummer. I don't get to play on the 21st.

I expected better from the company owned by the seventh richest man in the world.

14. JeSuisPerdue

JeSuisPerdue Chieftain

I didn't remember that as an included item either. Saw it on an unboxing video from a Norwegian. Perhaps it was a European exclusive? (This is how desperate I am to play -- I've been reduced to living vicariously through strangers' unboxing videos. Sad, really.)

15. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Woohoo, just got an update, it has finally shipped and will arrive tomorrow by 8 p.m.

(It had said shipping today, arriving Tuesday for the past few days.)

16. Awahso

Awahso Chieftain

They told me they can't guarantee delivery before November 1. Amazing. Seriously tempted to say screw it and just download on steam.

17. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Y'all are right, it wasn't part of the package. I saw the same video... Ah well, first world problems. I had plans for that damn map though.. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    JeSuisPerdue likes this.
  18. JeSuisPerdue

JeSuisPerdue Chieftain

Yeah, I was grousing to my husband yesterday about not having the game to play this weekend and realized it is indeed a first-world problem. Which means it's an inconvenience and not a real problem.

FedEx tells me that my copy is now in a city about a 4-hour drive away yet it won't be delivered 'til Monday. Oh, the inhumanity!

19. AlazkanAssassin

AlazkanAssassin Engineer

They now say I should get mine on the 26th, and that they have two of them available for purchase at $114.80+ $5.18 shipping.

20. Oleary

Oleary OF Supporter

Find a nice restaurant in said city. Tell hubby you're taking him to lunch... Getting FedEx to open on Sunday might be a bit of struggle. Oh well, no plan is perfect. :) For what it's worth, game is great. Frustrating, but great. You'll have a blast on Monday.

JeSuisPerdue likes this.