An Important Note About The Next Patch

AspyrRyan

Prince
It's time for bad news, bad news, and good news.

Some of you may have seen this post about the new PC patch.

The bad news is that this applies also to the Mac. Specifically, what I've seen happen is that DLC Civs become swapped around. You'll want to wrap up your games.

The next bad news is that the Mac is not getting the patch today. So, there will be a brief period where cross-platform play is not available.

The good news is that that period should be very brief. ;)

Ryan, Any word yet on G&K? I am hoping the good news applies there too. :please:

Let's see how I can put this delicately.

We plan to launch the patch and the expansion at the same time.

As far as I know, the dates on the Steam page and on Game Agent are accurate.

Ok, quick question regarding the Mods.

Up until now, the Mac's Mods menu was disabled, and you had to edit the MainMenu.lua file to bring it back.

Is it going to be brought back with the release of the new Patch for the Mac Civ V?

I'm gonna take that as "The Mod Menu Won't Be Re-Enabled".

Darn it. Ah, well. I can just use the old way of getting mods once the patch comes out.

It would then be wise for folks to disable automatic updates for Civ5 in Steam. Granted, people may not mind since G&K will be released when the Mac update is.

It would then be wise for folks to disable automatic updates for Civ5 in Steam. Granted, people may not mind since G&K will be released when the Mac update is.

This doesn't actually do you much good. My friends and I had disabled automatic updates on Civ 5, since I'm on Mac and they're on PC and we would often be put out of synch by patches.

However disabling automatic updates on Steam means the game won't automatically update until the next time you launch the game, at which point it will update normally.

To disable automatic updating, I believe you have to select Go Offline in the Steam menu.

I can live with this. I just have two more capitals to round-up, then I can put vanilla to sleep.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Top Bottom