1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] An interesting but slightly evil Sally map

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by earthy, Mar 8, 2020.

1. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

I also don't think GW is good here (barbs easy to block off, in isolation GSpy is bad), but I think not settling on stone is even worse. I'd be willing to give away a lot for +2:hammers: in the early game. Yes, potentially sacrifices capital, but you can move it with the :hammers: you've earned.

2. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

Why woudln't barbs attack on that specific tile? Is it because their typical pathing moves through defensive terrain and they simply "overlook" a grassland tile w/o forest?
    But, if it is the only tile they can pass through to enter your territory, why wouldn't they use it?

3. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

Barbs will charge towards a city if they see a path, but if a unit blocks the path, they won't, unless they are adjacent to the unit.

4. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

I see. As there is only one possible path through the bottleneck, they give up straight away? They don't realize, "oh, it's only a warrior...." ?

5. drewisfat

drewisfat Prince

Think it has to do with scripts. They can still get there from random movement, but barbs also get an attack city script if a path is open - which is why they are a much bigger hassle than simple RNG would explain.

6. Tobiyogi

Tobiyogi King

When I hear "slightly evil", i am intrigued, but then I see Saladin and decide to take one step back to Immortal (and to Bat Mod of course). Here is a WB save if someone else has similar intentions.

Attached Files: