An Offcial "What We Want" thread

Originally posted by Superevie

Wildfire, why do you have a couple letters from Lefty in your PM box? :p
cos they're pen pals :D

Originally posted by Turner_727
Not an auto one, but a little button there to check the spelling.
There's always the dictionary... ;)

We used to have a spell-checker IIRC; but can't recall when or why it was disabled...

Originally posted by XIII
There's always the dictionary... ;)

Except it's quite a hassle to be switching back and forth between browser windows checking works I'm not sure off. The best I can do with that is the google taskbar search button. Put the word in there, and if it's mispelled then google tells me.

:gasp: You don't mean a paper dictonary, do you? Do they still make those? Good lord, it would take me forever to look up all those words. . . and no suggestions if I'm a bit off. . . .

Spell checker WOULD be nice. There are some people I know here who could desperately use it. :rolleyes: However, you can just copy and paste your letter into Microsoft word and hit F7. Works if you care if you spell properly, which really don't care that much. :p

Originally posted by XIII

We used to have a spell-checker IIRC; but can't recall when or why it was disabled...
...maybe because it was similar to a search function. That and Superevie's kind of forecast...
There are some people I know here who could desperately use it.

Originally posted by Padma
IIRC, the spell checker was removed when it went from being free to costing $$ for use.

It's all about the Benjamins to you, isn't it Big P? j/k ;) Oh well, I guess I'll have to actually learn how to spell...

Originally posted by Turner_727
A spell checker would be nice. . . .
If mighty I, with all my begging and influence could not get one, what do you mortal posters expect?

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
If mighty I, with all my begging and influence could not get one, what do you mortal posters expect?

A spell checker. What else? :rolleyes:

I argee with Octavian. Its a real hassle to send a pm to more than one person.

I don't think a spell checker would help much. Use Google or a dictionary if you need one. But GameFAQs has a spell-checker, but hardly anyone there uses it.

My 2 cents:

1) A "Preview Post" option for when you edit a post.

2) Already mentioned: subscribe to threads without receiving e-mails

3) What I don't want: sig banners.

Originally posted by archer_007
New forum styles!

You mean new forum styles that don't encourage puking. :p Sorry, we got some pretty ass color schemes goin' here. :( I'm on dark blue currently..Yeah, I know.

Top Bottom