An Offcial "What We Want" thread

Originally posted by cgannon64
Bigger avatars. I'm think everyone would agree that 90x90 or even 75x75 would be reasonable.

Agreed, and before the "I'm on 56k" chorus comes in, we'll keep the file size the same. This will NOT distort posts, as the original Civ3 avatars are already that size.

Bigger avatars. I'm think everyone would agree that 90x90 or even 75x75 would be reasonable.

Uh-huh. TF's avatar is 80x80. One of the Firaxian's avatars (Jeff Foley?) has an 80x80. They're wayy too big.

:lol: hbdragon.

Avatar? Am I missing out on something: :hmm:

I want a forum for cool links to other sites that could be worth my time (and not other civ pages forum).

Originally posted by archer_007
Wouldnt it be diffucult to get larger avatars to comform to that file size limit.

Not really, it's really easy to alter the quality to fit the file size in Photoshop or something similar.

Originally posted by hbdragon88
Uh-huh. TF's avatar is 80x80. One of the Firaxian's avatars (Jeff Foley?) has an 80x80. They're wayy too big.

Really, because I seem to remember that the general consensus was that TF and my old Privateer avatar was the largest tolerable. So now all of a sudden they're too big?

Originally posted by archer_007
The other Civ Page forum should be converted, since it gets no use. :p

I agree with that too. :p

What About A special "Spam" thread or Forum where people could post spam and crap like that

Originally posted by FranciscoHernan
What About A special "Spam" thread or Forum where people could post spam and crap like that

Might be a good idea. The forum wouldn't go towards postcount.

Yeah, a spam forum would be a VERY bad idea. Not only is it pratically useless, but it's likely to turn CFC into a GC type forum.

What about A special forum for the collection of the best history articles, stories, games, miniNES's and all the best stuff in this cool website and also we should introduce a '2 warnings and youre banned policy' at the end of the ban the person starts of with a new clean slate (the post count would still be the same)

I'll even throw in my weight behind this. :mischief: :yeah:

So long as we keep the present size limits...

Originally posted by FranciscoHernan
What about A special forum for the collection of the best history articles, stories, games, miniNES's and all the best stuff in this cool website and also we should introduce a '2 warnings and youre banned policy' at the end of the ban the person starts of with a new clean slate (the post count would still be the same)
First part - will be too messy since different mods mind different parts of the forums. You know - the territorial thingie... ;)

Ok, we're just lazy... :p

Second part - sometimes, not necessary for a warning, esp for veteran posters. They shld know the invisible trip-wires by now...

And posters never start with a clean slate (unless they're absolutely fresh off the docks :p) - their posting history and prior behaviour count heavily into our response. ;)

How About a collection of fiction stories that is in the main Cfc stories similar to apolyton?
By The Way: I've read some stuff saying CFC will close down, will it close down, if so when

Originally posted by XIII
I'll even throw in my weight behind this. :mischief: :yeah:

So long as we keep the present size limits...

Agree, and Ill be willing to give advice to anyone who wants to preserve the quality of there avatar while reducing the file size :)

Yeah, a spam forum would be a VERY bad idea. Not only is it pratically useless, but it's likely to turn CFC into a GC type forum.

I would kill myself if that ever happened :s

Top Bottom