1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Nexxo, Mar 24, 2011.

1. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

BIG PERSIAN ARMY,MY MACEDONIAN ARMY WON'T STAND A CHANCE

2. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Did Persians declare war on you or you did that to them.
    Macedonia starts game without locked alliances so if you play with them be smart, and let your Greeks friends to deal with Persians first. Your only job is to denied pass across Pella and build army for confrotation with them. Let they army towards Thermopyle and southern Greece.
    You can also wait to see if Thebes will declare war to Persians and then you can try counqer
    they north cities.

Macedonia was actually a vassal state of Persians at that time, but that i not put in game because then there will be no Alexander conquest later in game

3. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

no i dint declare war and neither the persians , just if they did i m doomed but lets hope not

4. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Try offer them Right to passage treaty. That way they won't bother you and you will be considered as friend.

5. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

well everything is ok for now , still playing right now , takes so much time lol before i can create my macedonian army lol ,only it will take so much time , because losing money so i reduced the science searching

6. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

I'am currently fixing some stuff so i will upload new main files and biq files soon.

7. King Coltrane

King Coltrane Chieftain

more suggestions: because of the ENORMOUS 25% domination VC, i would recommend that you turn on "retain culture on capture". there is no way I will be able to replicate Persia's cultural reach, no matter how much i destroy them.

Also, maybe make regional capitals throughout the persian empire to help with corruption, especially if captured by greek civs.

8. King Coltrane

King Coltrane Chieftain

sorry:

also, put in some sort of Companion Cavalry wonder for Macedon. It will make the conquest of Persia MUCH less tedious.

9. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

Good suggestion , indeed , it will help Macedon , because Macedon only have 3 cities

10. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Ok, i see what i can do. Also Macedon will have more cities and what do you think should i made all techs non tradable and increase cost of them that will slow advance.

11. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Also I'v had a thoughts about cultural victory like all Greeks nations and Rome could build wonder Byzantium which could be built only in Byzantium. Also under that city would be resource byzantium which would be used for all byzantium dark age units.

12. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

Wonder Byzantium in Byzantium,it's not a bad idea only if i get a chance to conquer it at least

also maybe where you can train Gladiators:)

13. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Also i thought about that, but it confuse me because gladiators were fighting each other, not against foreign nations armies . But having Gladiator school is interesting and i'll give some more thought about that.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

The new main file and Biq files are uploaded.
    There are some changes:
    Macedonia now have five cities.
    More units
    New techs
    Unique armies for europeans, Indians and Chinese.

15. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Which files need to be re-downloaded? Version numbers on the DLs would help.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

There are lot changes to all biq files and main files so basically everyone.
    This is still beta version i need some time to finish civilopedia, units 32 and some minor stuff.

17. eazyhasaids

eazyhasaids Chieftain

My thoughts
    - make rome a coastal city. although not technically correct its the only way to depict the port of ostia and it makes more sense than having rome landlocked.
    -make all the civs playable. there isnt a reason not to.
    -get rid of the pillage function from most units. its personal preference in some ways but i feel its better to keep the pillage function to specialized units.

I havent gotten too far into the game but if i have anything ill let you know

18. Nexxo

Nexxo Chieftain

Yes,I'm Planning to add barbarian Biq file which would have no uncovered places on map, but i have to add some victory conditions that all nations would have chance to win.
    What do you think of game so far?

19. Haddu

Haddu Chieftain

Celtic too strong.

20. superbounce7

superbounce7 Augustus

I am really enjoying it so far. I find myself going back and playing very often so you must have done something right. :) I want to play as the Dacians so im looking forward to that barbarian biq. I also agree that the Celtics are too strong. In my Macedonia game they declared war on me and they had a huge army made up of troops from all over the place. It was like the Persian army all over again. :lol: