Ancient World

I ran into the same exact situation as smirnoff. Persia, the Celts, and the Carthaginians all signed MPPs with each other and anyone crazy enough to declare war on them was annihilated. The most fool proof way to stay out of this is as nexxo said; dont sign any MPPs with anyone because they will drag you into devastating wars.

I'm almost ready to release new files, but i want some opinion about ares terrain pack in my game. So what do you think about these screenshots?

Attachments

• Screenshot - 1.jpg
    Screenshot - 1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot - 3.jpg
    Screenshot - 3.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot - 5.4.jpg
    Screenshot - 5.4.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot -.4.jpg
    Screenshot -.4.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 219
It doesn't look good IMHO, actually I've never seen custom made terrain that is better than default to be honest.

By the way do you really feel that you need THAT many cities in Europe? If I was playing I would probably raze half of them so others could develop...

It doesn't look good IMHO, actually I've never seen custom made terrain that is better than default to be honest.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but this made me laugh. No offense, but the old terrain makes my skin crawl.

I think there are so many good terrain sets out there (and I'm not saying that mine would be the only or even best choice) that nobody needs to harm his eyes anymore.

@Nexxo
I have a couple suggestions i noticed while playing around as different civs:
1. I played as Rome and Athens and noticed they are both in high war weariness governments. Couple this with a locked war and you have serious civil disorder issues. It is worse for Athens obviously because they dont have much hope of destroying the Persians anytime soon. Maybe this was intentional as im not familiar with ancient history but it is just kind of annoying having to put half of your workers as entertainers.
2. All the civs (at least the ones ive played) are able to build a basic spearman, archer, and warrior unit. This is useless as they all have flavor units anyway. I havent even seen any of these units used by the AI so maybe you could remove them from the appropriate civs builds.
3. And lastly i noticed when i played as the Yan that i couldnt build workers or settlers. They dont have any prerequisite techs or resources so i dont know about that. Maybe this was intentional.
This is just my friendly suggestions and Thank You for your effort in making this mod :goodjob:

Hey Superbounce7 , you went far with the Romans , because i dint , Etruscans joined with Carthaginians and Carthaginians allied with Celts , and Celts crushed me they had a huge army near Rome

@smirnoff
Ya i think i just got lucky, because i took all the etruscan cities except Corsica without anybody else attacking me. In all my games as other civs the Romans get destroyed by either the Persians or the Celts before 400 BC.

maybe is better if Persians dont start war with Atheneans and Rome same thing with Etruscans or any civ

Thank you all for your comments.
1. as for Kizlyk on Europe there is not so many cities and only Italian peninsula and Greece are developed. Celts will be reduced in strength.
2. Thank you Ares, your terrain looks awesome if you ask me.
3. Superbounce7 as for war wearness maybe i'll make more wonders to reduce it. As for Rome wonder is Forum, as for Athens i can turn statue of goddess Athena to reduce war weariness.
And thank you for chinese settlers because i forgot to fix it. All chinese states have settlers to built. Chinese settler cost 8 citizen from its population.

if i can because pretty busy out here Rome is Burning and Etruscans are near the gates of Rome with big help

I think that Rome is slightly underpowered. I started a new game and experienced what smirnoff did. The etruscans are very evil when it comes to dogpileing everyone against you.

Oops sorry i was typing when you posted that but i think that would really help Rome out.

how come i start with 3 legionary ?

also what other cities have wonders that create units , i know rome has , then two persians have , also in macedonia a city produces horseman ?

Top Bottom