1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND Mega Civ Pack

Discussion in 'Modmods, add-ons and scenarios' started by generalstaff, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

The upload process began poorly due to issues with Atomic Gamer. I will wait to create a File Front Mirror until I have a final version (feedback, Pak'ed files, etc.).

I have to upload this in 5 parts:
    1. AND LH Pack (i.e. Lite Version)
    2. AND Mega Civ Pack (A-C)
    3. AND Mega Civ Pack (D-L)
    4. AND Mega Civ Pack (M-R)
    5. AND Mega Civ Pack (S-X (No Y or Z Civs))

I am sorry for this since it will be a pain to download for now. I am currently uploading part 1 today, hopefully I will get 2 and 3 uploaded tomorrow, and then 4 and 5 the day after; I will see if I can finish this in two days rather than three. This whole issue is because AG will log me off due to inactivity if I just let it upload in the background, so I guess the real issue is me having a life. I will post when I finish uploading parts for a day.

I will spare everyone a rant on how more than 50% of my frustrations from this project are from uploading it rather than actual modding.

2. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

I uploaded Part 1, DL for it is in the OP. I will also attempt to upload Part 2; if it is not up by 4:30PM Pacific time, the upload was not successful.

3. os79

os79 Deity

Thanks and cool.

You do know that Killtech folder is no longer in Modules? You can easily remove that entry from your MLF file, unless it is still there in an original MLF file :).

4. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Chieftain

I encountered a problem: Theodora, the 3rd leader of the Byzantines won't load, because one file(MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml) is missing her entry. I added it and it seems to be working fine.

Also, as a Lithuanian, I am curious what leaders you gave to Lithuania. I hope you used the new Vytautas leaderhead.

5. os79

os79 Deity

About Theodora, it is there in an original MLF file. So, Generalstaff be careful adding in LHs ;). No big deal.

6. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I got this thread stickied so it doesn't get lost. Great Work Generalstaff, I know a LOT of people have been asking for the mega pack. Now we have a place to point them to.

7. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

I am embarrassed about the Theodora issue, easily fixed though.

Lithuania LHs are Jogaila and Mindaugas (Zap chose those, I merely converted that Civ). I did use the Vytautas art for Mindaugas since I found Mindaugas' original art worked better for the secondary Gothic LH. I did not change the UU and UB Zap chose.

I uploaded Part 1, which might as well be a preview. Since Atomic Gamer is causing me issues, I will try Filefront tomorrow, and upload it as one large file, and just operate this off of Filefront. Hopefully it will go better.

8. Solitude102

Solitude102 Chieftain

Still waiting >.<. The pack is neat though so far, not sure on how to fix the "Theadora issue" as I don't know what to exactly add to the (MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml).

9. os79

os79 Deity

Use this as temporary stopgap. Just overwrite the file in Custom Leaderheads with this file attached here.

10. Solitude102

Solitude102 Chieftain

11. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

No offense but isn't this just the same as Civ Gold then if you only have ONE (1) UU, me personally dont figure its a civ unless you have at least ten (10) units for flavor. (My opinion).

12. os79

os79 Deity

No offense, but one UU and one UB is exactly the point :p.

:wink: No hard feelings, though :D.

13. Flay

Flay Prince

I agree. I would like to have like a couple of UU per Era, per CIV. as well as one or two UB per ERA per CIV. but this would be a lot of work I guess.
    When it's come to UU, it could always be possible to take away some not realy used normal units, and replace them (with some modification sure), with UU.

Anyway very good work ! :)

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Not really. but it is as he said "Exactly the point." :lol:More is always better.(My opinion) on units that is.

If you look at the Civ Gold responses alot of them say its nice, but after awhile the same ole units are just that, "The same olde units" time after time after time. it gets boring.

btw, I bet someone You'd (os) be the "first" to jump in after i posted :p

15. dudu

dudu Chieftain

any news of the upload?

16. Solitude102

Solitude102 Chieftain

Unfortunetly, no. Funny how it's a tad more frustrating uploading the mod rather than actually making the mod, least I think so.

17. soup567

soup567 MANBEARPIG

So... once the final part is uploaded will it still be in three parts?

18. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Warlord

Hope you have the time to get your add-on uploaded, thanks!! =)

19. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

I reuploaded the first two files to Filefront, since that is where I want the entire mod. I hope to get the rest in a few days time, which is three more files about the same size as the other two.

20. generalstaff

generalstaff Steadfast

Every thing is uploaded, it is in parts. The OP should make is clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.