AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1.75 there are additional female LHs so far (I added them.)
Maria Theresa, Byzantine LH

Excuse me, but Maria Theresa was empress of the Habsburg empire (later known as Austra-Hungary but including Czech, Moravia, Croatia, Transylvania etc, but nothing near Byzantium)

Ah, I think it was just mistaken for Theodora, right?
Gonna download the stuff and check...

Oops! You are right. It was Theodora, I meant :).

Second game i encounter reproduceable CTD when meeting another civ (in previous game it was tibetan, now algonquin). it happens when meeting another civ screen should pop up. I play giant size map, so not sure whether its memory issues or something else. I have around 20 civs met by that time (first time i was in reneissance, now it was classical age).

Hi!
I noticed that this megapack is for RoM:New Dawn.
I tried it with simple RoM2.92 but it didn't work.
Unfortunately my harddrive is quite full now, so I can't yet install Newdawn. I only wanted to add some civs from the pack into RoM. Is it possible?
thanks

Second game i encounter reproduceable CTD when meeting another civ (in previous game it was tibetan, now algonquin). it happens when meeting another civ screen should pop up. I play giant size map, so not sure whether its memory issues or something else. I have around 20 civs met by that time (first time i was in reneissance, now it was classical age).

It may be memory issues, but I will double check just to make sure. I would recommend try playing on a smaller map size, and see how that works. I wish I could comment on this from personal experience, but my Malik Shah game was corrupted right before I reached the Medieval age. It really hurt since I play on Snail speed...and was doing well.

Hi!
I noticed that this megapack is for RoM:New Dawn.
I tried it with simple RoM2.92 but it didn't work.
Unfortunately my harddrive is quite full now, so I can't yet install Newdawn. I only wanted to add some civs from the pack into RoM. Is it possible?
thanks

The AND LH Pack should work since nothing should be using AND features. A few of the Leaders possibly may do some stupid things in the future eras due to Better RoM changes I had to make, but I cannot confirm nor deny this since my games rarely end up there.

Few, if any of the existing civs will work with RoM 2.92 due to a combination of UBs and UUs which require AND code or Better RoM changes I had to make. Zappara's Mega Civ Pack technically works with 2.92, but the AI of added Civs/LHs from that will not be as efficient (they still put a good fight, don't get me wrong).

So to wrap it up, if you have room on your HD (I know this feeling from my older computer; it is one of the reasons why I invested in an external HD), I would download the AND LH Pack and Zap's Mega Civ Pack until you can play with AND.

OK, call me dumb, but in the readme I find: "run WoC Installer.exe" Where is it?

OK, call me dumb, but in the readme I find: "run WoC Installer.exe" Where is it?

This useful utility which is located in "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/Modules." It is one of two Executable Jar Files there, give it time, it will take a minute or two since this is a large mod. Thanks for bringing this up, I should have mentioned its location in the readme.

Actually, it is .jar. Just double click it. It is found in Assets/Modules folder. When it open up, just close it. That's it.

EDIT: Ninja'd by GS :lol:.

So if I download the 4 civ packs from A to X, will I also get the extra leaderheads to existing civs?

So if I download the 4 civ packs from A to X, will I also get the extra leaderheads to existing civs?

No. The existing civs' extra LHs are in LH Pack, the first pack. The other packs have extra civs, and THOSE EXTRA CIVS come with their own LHs.

Hi, I have the following problem:
I've copied everything form LH to Mega Civ Pack 4 (accepted any overriding) to the ROM-AND-Folder and executed the .jar-file.
When I start any new game, then the textures of the landscape are black. Resources and mountaines appear in the correct colours, but the main landscape texture is black.
I think I've had a similar problem with another mod some years ago.
Thank you for your answers!

Does this .jar eventually needed for the mod to run? Readme says "If you want "extra" module functionality to be installed (like audio)" :confused:

Hi, I have the following problem:
I've copied everything form LH to Mega Civ Pack 4 (accepted any overriding) to the ROM-AND-Folder and executed the .jar-file.
When I start any new game, then the textures of the landscape are black. Resources and mountaines appear in the correct colours, but the main landscape texture is black.
I think I've had a similar problem with another mod some years ago.
Thank you for your answers!

This earlier post should answer things in more detail. The short answer/easy solution is to play with less content.

Does this .jar eventually needed for the mod to run? Readme says "If you want "extra" module functionality to be installed (like audio)" :confused:

The mod still works without the .jar being ran. All it does is allow the added Select Orders and Diplomacy Music to run; if you run the game on mute, then you will not miss anything. I should add that the Select Orders add some nice flavor, and most of the Diplomacy Music is quality IMO.

EDIT:
Just a preemptive statement: I am aware of the new Yagan artwork, and it will be included in the update, which should be soon.

The mod still works without the .jar being ran. All it does is allow the added Select Orders and Diplomacy Music to run; if you run the game on mute, then you will not miss anything. I should add that the Select Orders add some nice flavor, and most of the Diplomacy Music is quality IMO.

Thanks for the feedback. It just popped in my mind reading the thread, as I managed to skip reading the readme and start it but the mod could load the main screen (didn't go further because of PC weakness).

Surely will execute it though, after a PC-upgrade, which will be pretty soon.

Oh, and let me say thank you all for your effort. You made Quality - and my upcoming months too. :)

Oy, gringo, I require the following factions:

Iraq

Bangladesh
Pakistan

Also, to be helpful: Thank you for including the pretty versions of Cleopatra and
Jeanne D'Arc, etcetera

Just realized Assyria is already in game

Thanks man! I'll have to make some space.. Yeah, laptop's have a harder time with hard disk. Still it's way better than civ5 (though RoM is in close competition with civ5 in slowness :D )

Hi I downloaded just Pack A-C as I only want to add the Chola Civ. I dragged and dropped the Chola into my existing Custom Civilization folder but when I load the game the Chola Civ, their Leaders, Unit and Building show as a pink square? Any idea what I need to do to just use the Chola?

I get this message when I run the WOC.
Action: File processed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Chola\Soundpack\Audio2DScripts.xml
Action: File processed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Chola\Soundpack\AudioDefines.xml
Message: Successfully read files on path C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\
Action: File processed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\AudioSoundscapeScripts.xml
Action: File processed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml
Action: File processed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audio3DScripts.xml
Action: File processed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml
Message: Successfully read files on path C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio
Action: Merge processed successfully: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Chola\Soundpack\Audio2DScripts.xml
Action: Merge processed successfully: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Chola\Soundpack\AudioDefines.xml
ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\Audio2DScripts.xml
ERROR: Merge failed C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\..\..\Assets\XML\Audio\AudioDefines.xml

Oy, gringo, I require the following factions:

Iraq

Bangladesh
Pakistan

Also, to be helpful: Thank you for including the pretty versions of Cleopatra and
Jeanne D'Arc, etcetera

Just realized Assyria is already in game

I could take a look at Iraq. I could move Faisal from Arabia to Iraq as a secondary leader to Saddam. The UU works, the only issue is the UB (Saddam Monument, really?), but I could take some time to figure something out.

The initial issue with Pakistan is that I raided it for LH graphics a long time ago (I used the Bhutto artwork for Indira Gandhi) for an LH pack, mainly because I the UB was lacking, but I am sure something can be done. I know that one of the LHs is Musharraf, but I'll probably just rename him Ayub Khan and find some LH to work as Jinnah. I think things will work it out with it, just like Iraq; making Norway from scratch taught me that UUs and UBs can worked out with a little creativity.

The issue with Bangladesh is that I am missing secondary LH artwork. I would be more than happy to add it if someone would make Mujibur. That is really the only reason I did not add it the first time through.

You can thank saibotlieh for the great female LH artwork, I am just glad they made it so that I could include it.

Hi I downloaded just Pack A-C as I only want to add the Chola Civ. I dragged and dropped the Chola into my existing Custom Civilization folder but when I load the game the Chola Civ, their Leaders, Unit and Building show as a pink square? Any idea what I need to do to just use the Chola?

I get this message when I run the WOC.

All civilizations are ran out of the "Custom_Civilizations" folder, not the "Custom Civilizations" folder (difference being the underscore); running out of "Custom Civilizations" will cause things to not work. This change is due to BULL needing a filepath without spaces for the city hover; with a filepath with spaces, building buttons will appear as pink squares.

The message with the .jar is normal, and if your Chola audio works, then everything is fine. The utility would take more time and have a longer message if you had more content installed. If the audio is not working for Chola, then I would recommend you will have to reinstall the audio xml files and run the .jar again; it takes a while to work and the message to come up, it can fail to work properly sometimes if you click it multiple times in impatience.

I could take a look at Iraq. I could move Faisal from Arabia to Iraq as a secondary leader to Saddam. The UU works, the only issue is the UB (Saddam Monument, really?), but I could take some time to figure something out.

The initial issue with Pakistan is that I raided it for LH graphics a long time ago (I used the Bhutto artwork for Indira Gandhi) for an LH pack, mainly because I the UU and UB were kind of lame, but I am sure something can be done. I know that one of the LHs is Musharraf, but I'll probably just rename him Ayub Khan and find some LH to work as Jinnah. I think things will work it out with it, just like Iraq; making Norway from scratch taught me that UUs and UBs can worked out with a little creativity.

The issue with Bangladesh is that I am missing secondary LH artwork. I would be more than happy to add it if someone would make Mujibur. That is really the only reason I did not add it the first time through.

You can thank saibotlieh for the great female LH artwork, I am just glad they made it so that I could include it.

I think originally the Saddam Monument was special because it wasn't Obsoleted with Astronomy but continued on until some time. And indeed, Faisal actually ruled Iraq longer than he did Saudi Arabia.

And as for Norway, that seems a little redundant to me, given that the "Vikings" essentially aren't a real civilization, though their leaders in the game are actually Norwegian. The question would be whether the division between "Vikings" and Norway is large enough to warrant a differentiation, such as that between Rome and Italy, or as the game makes, "Germany" and the Holy Roman Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom