AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Maybe. At least I managed to get it to stop CTDing by lowering the graphics settings.
Well... I couldn't load your save, probably because you are using Lock modified Assets option.

I agree we can't have arrows running under technologies or crossing over everything, but then from my perspective the tech tree has a different bug, which is where the heck do I learn that Stargazing or Trade has anything to do with Math? Not from looking at the tech tree.

Any suggestions on offer would have to bring in the possibility of mechanically altering the tree in at least some respect. Are you willing to hear those suggestions?

I don't have a high regard for the F6 screen. I'm not about to change the underlying logic of the tech tree just to make that screen look better. In the early eras, I want to preserve as many plausible alternate paths as possible. The tech popups and chooser bar at the top of the screen can tell you what researching a given tech will lead to. So you can try, but I don't think it's likely.

I have branched this discussion into the Tech Tree Revisions thread.
I have noticed another bug though. Patronage definitely requires Guilds, which implies Feudalism which implies Politics which implies Currency, yet also shows the Currency Icon.

edit: I fiddled more and noticed that Feudalism is redundant with CoL icon.

Last edited:
I have branched this discussion into the Tech Tree Revisions thread.
I have noticed another bug though. Patronage definitely requires Guilds, which implies Feudalism which implies Politics which implies Currency, yet also shows the Currency Icon.

That is true. It's a redundancy I missed. Politics used to be Democracy (Democracy used to be Representative Democracy). I broadened it out to make it more applicable as a prerequisite tech rather than a dead-end until needed for Political Philosophy.

Interesting observations:

1) I managed to obtain another 0-size city by attacking a barbarian city that the barbs actually captured from a civ. When a resistance emerged, it went by one to 0!
2) The barbarians managed to found a Goldsmith guild! Being my empire the best and the largest of the world!!! :D Ok, there is another cool huge civ, but what the heck with the barbarians? Is this a bug or a feature that the barbs are able to found guilds?
3) A Independence Hall wonder made all Rule civics accessible. As a result, even the Virtual one is eligible! :D. Though it is useless for the obvious reason that I cannot build the buildings it offers ahahah.

Savegame (to find all the mentioned situations) :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-m1fqxZ3RRNk9sRVhRYUtVVms

3) A Independence Hall wonder made all Rule civics accessible. As a result, even the Virtual one is eligible! :D. Though it is useless for the obvious reason that I cannot build the buildings it offers ahahah.

This is totally deliberate. The strength of the Virtual civic is its civic building, but it requires the infrastructure of the Mesh Networks tech and a Computer Network to build. Otherwise, what you are supposed to get is mostly penalties.

I thought I should ask, whether there are plans to include some promotions that wear off, like in FFH? That might be interesting. Imagine veteran units that are stationed for centuries with no battle engagement, going almost green again. As well as the great generals. These guys are a truly owerpowering feature in my opinion. May be these should die at some age?

More action-dependant promotions might be really welcomed. For example, razing cities... The units that raze too much might gain some special promotion?

Actually, at the moment my principal workaround to raze cities is making my ships enter the city to raze. The ships have many movement points, so they are useful for the task. On the other hand it does not feel too realistic that 4 galleons are able to raze a city faster than an army group! XD

Are there plans to develop migration? With automatically generated wandering (like "crazed" promotion in FFH that wears off) Migrant units in the cities that are under attack or being razed? When the Migrant finally stops wandering automatically, it might have Join city button that adds +1 pop, +1:yuck: and +1:c5angry: temporarily? And the player might suffer penalties for each Migrant unit destroyed with foreign AI leaders? And that the Migrant unit's nation assignation might depend on the actual city culture percentage?

Sorry, these are more ideas than bugs... but this is the active thread... Salute!

1) I managed to obtain another 0-size city by attacking a barbarian city that the barbs actually captured from a civ. When a resistance emerged, it went by one to 0!
2) The barbarians managed to found a Goldsmith guild! Being my empire the best and the largest of the world!!! :D Ok, there is another cool huge civ, but what the heck with the barbarians? Is this a bug or a feature that the barbs are able to found guilds?

Savegame (to find all the mentioned situations) :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7-m1fqxZ3RRNk9sRVhRYUtVVms

With #2 the Barbarians have long since been able to found religions, corporations, steal "World Firsts", and so on even though they really shouldn't be able to. I really want to call it a bug that just hasn't been addressed since there's still other more pressing matters to attend to first, but at the same time one might as well just call it a feature at this point xD
But having to be in a tech/wonder race with the barbarians instead of an actual competing nation.... Just seems out of place.

#3 is strange on paper, since you're a relatively 'primitive' nation taking up a civic from a highly advanced era....... But gameplay-wise it doesn't help you much for the reasons Vokarya pointed out.

I thought I should ask, whether there are plans to include some promotions that wear off, like in FFH? That might be interesting. Imagine veteran units that are stationed for centuries with no battle engagement, going almost green again. As well as the great generals. These guys are a truly owerpowering feature in my opinion. May be these should die at some age?

More action-dependant promotions might be really welcomed. For example, razing cities... The units that raze too much might gain some special promotion?

Actually, at the moment my principal workaround to raze cities is making my ships enter the city to raze. The ships have many movement points, so they are useful for the task. On the other hand it does not feel too realistic that 4 galleons are able to raze a city faster than an army group! XD

Are there plans to develop migration? With automatically generated wandering (like "crazed" promotion in FFH that wears off) Migrant units in the cities that are under attack or being razed? When the Migrant finally stops wandering automatically, it might have Join city button that adds +1 pop, +1:yuck: and +1:c5angry: temporarily? And the player might suffer penalties for each Migrant unit destroyed with foreign AI leaders? And that the Migrant unit's nation assignation might depend on the actual city culture percentage?

Sorry, these are more ideas than bugs... but this is the active thread... Salute!

There's other threads you could post those ideas in, or even create a new one ^^

I should probably review the list of things that Barbarians are not allowed to build and see what is missing. Every individual thing that we don't want the Barbarians to build has to be specified.

SVN 1046

3 Bugs I wish to report.

1) Elder council will display, when you have Printing press available. As this replaces the school of scribes and scriptorium, it must now think Elder council is again a valid build, but the printing press is the 3rd level replacement.

Spoiler :

Solution - Disable ALL lower level buildings as being valid, when technology and replacement building is available.

2)When you get a random event allowing civics changes, it should be allowed to be done anarchy free.

Currently, you encounter the standard turns of anarchy, even though its a random event, and not a scripted one.

Spoiler :

Solution - Allow anarchy free changes for random events.

3) Guilds is still miss reporting the resources generated.

Spoiler :

Here I have Equestrians guild in only 1 city, Miami, but its reporting that I went from 39 Horses, to 43 Horses, by acquiring another 3 corn, for 17 in total with 2 wheat giving 19 resources.

All the other cities report 5 horses correctly, WITHOUT equestrians guild.

Hammers produced by the guild, only went up by 1 hammer, for the 3 extra resources to 8 from 7, :hmm: maybe scaled to speed, fair enough.

Last edited:
Elder Council is still bugged. It's an incomplete replacement chain. I'll fix it on the next build.

Couple of things I've noticed recently.

1. Should the Manor still have 25% less unhappiness from sacrificing population? I understand that that mechanic has been out of ROM:AND for some time now. Without that effect it's not exceptionally interesting.

2. I recently noticed that Printer doesn't tell me in the city screen that it's replacing a few buildings. It says it's only going to provide 1.5 science and culture, which is weird and less than the Civopedia claims; and it's because it will replace some older things but doesn't tell me it's doing so.

3. Building a Tailor, according to the Actual Effects popup, will REDUCE commerce in a city in which I already have a Weaver. In fact the commerce does increase when the Tailor is built (Actual Effects is wrong). I think that the Actual Effects is not taking into account the commerce boni associated with available resources. This would also explain why the Seaport line often shows incorrect Actual Effects information.

4. Incorrect Actual Effects text when No Espionage game option is selected for any espionage %-bonus building.

Cheers,
A.

If I remember correctly, decreasing hurrying anger also affects draft anger and anger from negative random events. However, Manor is the only building that has that effect still, so it could easily be cut.

If I remember correctly, decreasing hurrying anger also affects draft anger and anger from negative random events. However, Manor is the only building that has that effect still, so it could easily be cut.
On the other hand, wouldn't that make the Manor less appealing to build? I rarely build either the Manor or Villa anyway though.

If the anger reduction applies to those other things as well, shouldn't the effect possibly be spread to a few other buildings as well? Unless it really wouldn't fit anywhere else, in which case yeah might just be better off cutting it.

Why do enemy submarines become visible near (2 tiles range) my cities without having inside any units that can see subs?I've the suspicion that it also happens with enemy cities in which my state religion is spread but I haven't confirmed it yet.
We know there's a game feature that allows "visibility" around cities with your state religion in but should that reveal subs?
I believe it's a bug.

On the other hand, wouldn't that make the Manor less appealing to build? I rarely build either the Manor or Villa anyway though.

If the anger reduction applies to those other things as well, shouldn't the effect possibly be spread to a few other buildings as well? Unless it really wouldn't fit anywhere else, in which case yeah might just be better off cutting it.

Manor is pretty useful if you're running Vassalage. It's +15% production and +1 culture in exchange for +10% maintenance. It's a small downside but the production is worth it. Villa and Estate have the big downside of employing a citizen.

Even the Aztec Sacrificial Altar lost the anger-reduction mechanic; it now provides -15% food requirements for a city to grow and +1 happiness/+1 culture that doesn't go away. It's a Ceremonial Altar replacement, but it doesn't get replaced by Temples the way the regular Ceremonial Altar does.

Why do enemy submarines become visible near (2 tiles range) my cities without having inside any units that can see subs?I've the suspicion that it also happens with enemy cities in which my state religion is spread but I haven't confirmed it yet.
We know there's a game feature that allows "visibility" around cities with your state religion in but should that reveal subs?
I believe it's a bug.

Do you have a save that demonstrates this? I was just trying myself and if I just plop down a city and add some rival or barbarian subs right by it, they aren't visible.

Absolutely loved the partisan event (receive 2 units near city ruins or 1 unit in the capital). Maybe it might be worth to elevate its probability, for AI as well?

More events might really bring tons of flavor... :yumyum:

Top Bottom