1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Random events are one thing. But could you post a save for AI producing Slingers when Archers are available? Slingers are supposed to upgrade to Archers so the AI shouldn't be producing them when Archers are available.

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Opp's, I didn't add, it was the Barbarians sending them out to harass cities.

I play on Immortal, so ALL the AI players get ARCHERS. By default, the BARBARIANS should also get Archers.

But they continually send slingers and archers against me.

I have an earlier save, you'd have to look for barbarian slingers in world builder.

SVN 1045 Respawning of Holy cities.

I think this is the error,

Spoiler :

<Define>
    <DefineName>OC_RESPAWN_HOLY_CITIES</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
    </Define>

In A_New_Dawn_Globaldefines.xml

The master file, the one you upload is set to zero (0), I've now changed it to 1, and will see if this makes a difference.

It's NOT CHANGED when you use the bug options, but does change in user settings.

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Are you sure those slingers are trained and not just spawned?

4. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Spawned/trained, it shouldn't make a difference, as the BASE archery unit that they have available, as I play above emperor level, is the archer.

ALL the AI players, get Archery as starting tech, as now > 75% have access to archery technology, barbs get it as well.

I have to research weaving to gain slingers, unless I start with it.

5. maglock

maglock Coatlann Tamer

I got a repeatable CTD on rev 1045.

Edit: Just hit next turn.

Attached Files:

6. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

SVN 1046 - Claiming tiles under with fixed borders.

I seem to be able to randomly claim tiles under fixed borders.

I've claimed one tile, at least 1 vacant square from my borders, but under 1045. Now I can't claim any tiles unless they border my culture.

Is this some undocumented change?? I can claim tiles that border my culture, and I am claiming one that has 1 vacant tile about it.

Able to attach save if required??

More on the claiming of tiles, I've re-loaded the game on a new day, and NOW I can claim tiles AWAY from my culture?? very strange, it borders a barbarian city. Maybe it has to be next to a civs culture?? will test this.

Just tested, and it does need to be adjacent to Culture of a civ, I tried to claim a tile in the open, no good.

Save with Slingers (Barbarian) sent against me. kwaDukuwa in the South of the empire.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  7. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

Just had a most strange error??

Spoiler :

Rammesses spawned groups of 8 longbows all around my territory.

It happened as 3 or 4 Vassals all broke free in 2 turns, and some Dutch rebels spawned as well.

2 saves attached, 1 the turn before, 1 is the turn of spawning.

I played on and it didn't happen again?? so a random once off glitch. Very strange

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  8. jackelgull

jackelgull An aberration of nature

Everytime I try to load my save game it keeps crashing

9. voskhod-1

voskhod-1 Chieftain

Whenever I tinker with settings and options in RoM and load a game I'd been playing previously, I get a prompt asking me to recalculate the new variables that are being used - which I obviously want to do. However, every time I do this I notice my gold and research plummets dramatically. Upon checking and re-checking the economics tab before and after doing the whole Ctrl+Shift+T thing, I found the reason why this happens: Buildings stop producing commerce entirely when the recalculations are done, and this persists across turns and even saves!

Is there any way around this? It's very game-breaking as far as I'm concerned

10. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I don't know how to fix it, but I can confirm that it happens. I'm playing with rev1046 myself and a Ctrl-Alt-T causes a drop in commerce.

11. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

I was kindly asked to post this somewhere else, so I decided to put it there, because it partially covers a bugged 0-sized city issue:

Spoiler my original post :

Hi again!

I absolutely love the features! BTW I dreamt of this "controlled raze" option. As it seems, there is a chance of razing, not a 100% guarantee. So you may actually spend various turns to destroy a city, with more intents than the number of units you brought. That is good. Probably you should gain a small amount of gold with each razing act?

Though I managed to obtain a horrible 0-sized city that cannot be razed because it came to be a city of my culture (it flipped to be mine after I used a Great Artist in my nearby city), so now I never have an option to actually raze it, and it never grows. It has revolted 5 times already, to other nation and to barbarians, but it is never razed by AI, the AI always recaptured it. It cannot be range-attacked either. It cannot build buildings or units. Once after some time of barbarian control it managed to grow to size 1, so I came and razed it, and oh gosh, it is again a 0-size city!

This is not fatal, but really inconvenient, cause I do not want a city there, neither mine nor other civ's, cause that hates me, and I do not want haters close to my borders. The only option I have is to bring a load of caravans and to make it grow to size one again... but I am too lazy ahahha.

Now, three questions:

1) Is it possible to change visual art for mountains please? To create smth of Civ5 style? Because the only stuff that made me tired through ages of playing civ4 are these unreal dirty coffee-colored mountains of equal sizes and shapes. All other things look sweet.

2) is it possible to build that cool Civ5 layer of tourism? And (I know I am asking for too much!) that ancient battles might create chance for relics to be discovered?

3) For the reason this mod provides the deepest and greatest civ experience among all the other, are there any plans of incorporating some individual civ 5-6 features into the Mod?

Thanks!!

Edit: Yesterday I got two more 0-sized cities in my game! One of these I managed to give away for free to a neighbour, but another one... I was forced to keep it, because no one of AIs wanted to receive that. The strategy is the same - I had to bring Caravans to make it grow to size 1. I guess this bug happens only with razing cities near own borders... It is my observation, but I might be mistaken.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  12. nionios

nionios Prince

I recently got such a zero city which I didn't want to keep in my empire.I couldn't pillage it so let it grow to size 1 then they asked to join the barbarians and I agreed.After that I attacked/captured the city and pillaged it to elimination.

13. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

Lucky of you! I have tried some times to raze these - no chance, they go down to 0 size. So now I raze cities with caution. Kidding. Sure it is a bug that should have come from that new raze module.

14. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

I haven't seen any size-0 cities yet. Could you maybe post a saved game that has it? I think it would be worth looking at, but I also think it would be something that 45* would have to debug.

15. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

As far as new mechanics goes, we're not looking for a lot of new stuff at this time. What I am currently trying to do is wrap up what we have, then maybe will continue on to a new version.

There are random events that can spawn Treasure units or Ancient Relics resources from City Ruins tiles, so it might not always be good to replace razed cities. There is no current mechanic that can track ancient battles.

16. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Deity

17. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Ancient battles? Hmmm...
    Maybe battles should have a chance to spawn Ancient Relics if both civs are before the Renaissance? Would it worth the effort? I'm not sure...

18. thegreekweegee

thegreekweegee Warlord

How about we do this instead: if a city ruins is older than x years (say 1000, like how wonders have culture double in 1000 years), it is replaced by Ancient Relics, UNLESS there's already a resource on it (in which case, it just vanishes, no ancient relics).

Hitting 1000 years is easy on earlier eras, but much harder as the game goes on.

19. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Would be nice... but having a resource on the tile it would produce a Treasure and than vanish :)
    But still

20. thegreekweegee

thegreekweegee Warlord

That'd be a good secondary option.

Though effort-wise, I think it wouldn't be too hard, plus, it'd turn the mechanic from a random one into a deterministic. I'm all for deterministic mechanics, as they make things rely more on skill and choice than luck.