AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Not all National Units have the same quantity allowed. Inquisitor has a base limit of 3, while Freight has a base limit of 5. I don't think we need to change this.

Clones should definitely be capturable. I don't know about Mobile Artillery; I think Modern Era siege units could mark the transition between weapons that are easy to turn on their former owners and weapons that don't work if captured. If someone else gives you the weapon and the specific information to use it, that's different from capturing it on the battlefield.

So I've kicked on some of the logging features, in the hope that I could find something else going on. I just had the error pop up again and this was what was in the PythonDbg.log:
Code:
13:23:37 TRACE: Error in BeginPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onBeginPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x1CA9E878>>
13:23:37 TRACE: global name 'pPlayer' is not defined

and PythonErr.log:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "Revolution", line 565, in onBeginPlayerTurn
  File "Revolution", line 652, in checkForRevReinforcement
  File "Revolution", line 837, in doRevReinforcement
NameError: global name 'pPlayer' is not defined

Which I think correspond to these define commands in revolution.py:
Code:
def onBeginPlayerTurn( self, argsList ) :
def checkForRevReinforcement( self, iPlayer ) :
def doRevReinforcement( self, pCity ) :

I wonder if this is a variable scoping issue?

Second, and probably unrelated, I'm also getting a lot of these -- pretty much at every keystroke or mouse click:
Code:
13:23:49 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338
13:23:50 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338
13:23:51 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338
13:24:05 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338
13:24:08 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338

I tried to get a description of unit 338 in the Python console but couldn't get the syntax right. ¯ \_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
So I've kicked on some of the logging features, in the hope that I could find something else going on. I just had the error pop up again and this was what was in the PythonDbg.log:
Code:
13:23:37 TRACE: Error in BeginPlayerTurn event handler <bound method Revolution.onBeginPlayerTurn of <Revolution.Revolution instance at 0x1CA9E878>>
13:23:37 TRACE: global name 'pPlayer' is not defined

and PythonErr.log:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
  File "Revolution", line 565, in onBeginPlayerTurn
  File "Revolution", line 652, in checkForRevReinforcement
  File "Revolution", line 837, in doRevReinforcement
NameError: global name 'pPlayer' is not defined

Which I think correspond to these define commands in revolution.py:
Code:
def onBeginPlayerTurn( self, argsList ) :
def checkForRevReinforcement( self, iPlayer ) :
def doRevReinforcement( self, pCity ) :

I wonder if this is a variable scoping issue?

Second, and probably unrelated, I'm also getting a lot of these -- pretty much at every keystroke or mouse click:
Code:
13:23:50 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338
13:23:51 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338
13:24:05 WARN : no GP icon for unit 338

I tried to get a description of unit 338 in the Python console but couldn't get the syntax right. ¯ \_(ツ)_/¯

Can you upload your save so that I can check? IMO it's a faulty installation or some corrupted file.

Can you upload your save so that I can check? IMO it's a faulty installation or some corrupted file.

This autosave should be 1 to 3 turns before it happens. I've only had the mod installed for a week or two now. I suppose it is possible it did not like a setting I changed within the in-game menu or something on my BtS installation could be a problem.

Not really a huge deal, I don't think it will cause a game crash, but I thought it would be a good idea to get the info out.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0057.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
SVN 1054 Hybrid Gunships traversing sea.

Hybrid gunships can traverse sea tiles, if it takes 10 turns, they take 10 turns.

Gunships cannot enter sea tiles, the same should be enabled for Hybrid Gunships.

No penalty from attacking over water, ok, but SHOULDN'T be able to enter sea tiles, or if it does, it has to end on land or a ship/transport.

Last edited:
Hybrid Gunships are supposed to be able to cross oceans. They are Transhuman Era units and so that is their new ability above and beyond Gunships. What they shouldn't be able to do is make Ranged Attacks.

This autosave should be 1 to 3 turns before it happens. I've only had the mod installed for a week or two now. I suppose it is possible it did not like a setting I changed within the in-game menu or something on my BtS installation could be a problem.

Not really a huge deal, I don't think it will cause a game crash, but I thought it would be a good idea to get the info out.

I've got the same error, but didn't have time to investigate what's causing it; it shouldn't be anything game-breaking anyway.

Not exactly a bug, but seems weird that Russia doesn't want to be a vassal anymore (accepting even war to be free) and then in the same diplo screen they gratefully accept to become a vassal again.

Last edited:
Not exactly a bug, but seems weird that Russia doesn't want to be a vassal anymore (accepting even war to be free) and then in the same diplo screen they gratefully accept to become a vassal again.

[Savegame]

Every X turns AI has a chance to break free if they are volountary vassals. But if conditions for being vassals persist, they will accept to become a vassal again. It may or it may not happen, but this is currently the only way not to have AI as a vassal forever.

Every X turns AI has a chance to break free if they are voluntary vassals. But if conditions for being vassals persist, they will accept to become a vassal again. It may or it may not happen, but this is currently the only way not to have AI as a vassal forever.

Understood. I imagine is not possible to add a third option when this happen between "Your head would look good on the end of a pole. (WAR)" and "There shall be peace in our time!" to continue being a vassal.

Anyway, the more I play this mod, the more I like it! Well done!

SVN 1051 -
Now I remember what that bug was, its the religious civics and state religion.

Secular, Personality cult, Atheist and Personality cult, all have NO state religion. (Deleted bit about no spread)

If you've done inquisitions on their supposed "state religion of none", you get a penalty for oppressing the followers of the one true faith.

How can you oppress followers of their faith, when they don't have a state religion.

Solution - Remove the penalty for "persecuting followers of the faith" when running a non state religion civic

The other bug is located in the Bug menu, automations, there are 2 Industry listed, the 1st one you can check off, but the 2nd is hard coded to ON. If you uncheck it, it will be back next time you load game. I can't find the screen, so not sure where its happening.

Solution - Remove the 2nd "build Industry" from the bug Automations screen.

Another thing Bunkers still show up as a build, even when you have the command post enabled, and you have checked "hide obsolete/replaced buildings" (2 checks)

Dig sites are unable to be pillaged by a Drop ship, or any other unit for that matter, You can't pillage the route, the dig site or anything.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is a bug or the right post thread, but...I downloaded the full installer-revision 989 (http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-mankind-a-new-dawn/downloads), installed and played the game, when I noticed there are new updates that where supposed to be downloadable via the launch button. It becomes yellow on start, but no download/install/update buttons appear. I can still play the game till the end, but I wanted to have the updates.

Is it like this for any other of you, or is the game no longer under redevelopment?

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is a bug or the right post thread, but...I downloaded the full installer-revision 989 (http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-mankind-a-new-dawn/downloads), installed and played the game, when I noticed there are new updates that where supposed to be downloadable via the launch button. It becomes yellow on start, but no download/install/update buttons appear. I can still play the game till the end, but I wanted to have the updates.
There is an updated installer from some days ago there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/anewdawn/files/latest/download?source=files

EDIT: Consequently, I pushed the new build to moddb as well.

Last edited:
hi, i think i may have found a bug. just tried to build another's civ unique unit that has a limit to the number allowed (mamluk warrior). i captured their city, i have assimilation on, so the option to build mamluk showed up, yet, when i clicked on it, the game crashed to desktop. i guess they've already had 6 units built so that would be the 7th in the game and that may have caused the crash. or it has something to do with noble knights requiring a specific policy, which i didn't adapt, and mamluks not. save included.

(also, some buildings seem to have the "actual" amount in the tooltip miscalculated or missing)

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1358.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
1056 (but this was the case in previous versions as well)

Revolutions ignore Max Unit Per Tile rules.
I play with 3 MUPT. City revolts. Spawns ~10 extremely strong units onto a single tile and attacks my city. I kill 3-5-6 with my strongest units being garrisoned in the city, but due to 3v7 or 3v10 scenarios, I ALWAYS LOSE MY BLOODY CITIES TO REVOLUTIONS then alt+f4.

Problem is the MUPT is only set at end of turn, not beginning. If you could play out the turn, they would be split into 3/4 tiles.

Revolutions was coded without the MUPT function, bug yes.

You can get the same effect by reducing MUPT in a turn, it doesn't instantaneously split them into separate MUPT's but waits till the turn change, or when you manually split up the units. Now I read what I'm typing, it only happens when you split up the stack.

You can't move the stack as a huge number cheat, it will only allow the MUPT onto the new tile.

Top Bottom