AND2 suddenly no longer works

Pomphis

Warlord
AFAIK I did nothing. I still have the AND2 button on my desktop. I can still use it to change the language of the game. If I use it to start it, it starts to load normaly. But instead of finishing, suddenly there is nothing. The same happens if I use Load a Mod from BtS. The Task Manager shows nothing. Maybe a coincidence, but at the same time the config file somehow reset itself to start the intro movie again. I changed back to no intro movie, but that didn´t help. Also maybe a coincidence, but the game language was changed from english to german. Changing back also didn´t help. I looked at the folder structure, and BtS/Mods has no RoM-AND folder, only the rand_full_installer2016-08_rev1031.

Any ideas what might have happened ? What I can do ?

I found the RoM-AND folder under My Games and copied to 2K Games ... BtS/Mods where all the other mods are. Now I was told that the mod exists twice and I should delete one copy. So I deleted the one from the My Games path. Using the AND2 button now resulted in the link no longer working. So I deleted it and tried to start AND2 from BtS Load a Mod. Nothing happened, not even the beginning of a game launch as before.

Last edited:
You deleted the wrong copy. Your mods should be in My Games, not anywhere else.

All previous mods are in C/programs(x86)/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier´s Civilization Complete/Beyond the Sword/Mods and work fine. RoM-AND1 was there too and worked fine. And unless I really misremember AND2 was there too until this happened. As mentioned above, the installer is still there.

Actually, there is something I didn´t mention: all mods are alphabetically listed there and in the list shown when I go to Load a Mod in BtS. But when I first tried to launch AND2 via Load a Mod, AND2 was at the end of the list.

I suggest you keep AND2 in MyGames unless you know what you are doing. What happened in your case might be that your CivilizationIV.ini file has been corrupted. But you should be able to load the mod by selecting Load a Mod from inside BTS. Just in case, I suggest reinstalling the mod.

Top Bottom