Anno Domini (Civ 6 version) available now! [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I create a game and start it, it kicks me back to the main menu after displaying the "loading game" message. Well actually a "Start Game" message is shown very briefly before it kicks me out.
That means you have a conflicting mod selected.

Great mod ! I was looking for a way to lock Eras when I stumbled upon Anno Domini.
I'm at turn 212 now, with just 1 bug so far.
My Walls health is 38/50, but I don't get a project to repair them.
Neither can I build the Castra Preatoria, because it says that it needs the Walls building.

Furthermore I have a small issue with clearing rainforest terrain, the needed Armour tech is a bit too high up the tech tree.

Brgds,
Lucas

Last edited:
Yes, with several: Improved Water Yields 1.3, Improved Tech Tree, Customizable Warmongering Penalties 1.1, Historical Religions, Unit Rebalance, Religion Rebalance, Diplomatic Total and Moar Units.

Yes, with several: Improved Water Yields 1.3, Improved Tech Tree, Customizable Warmongering Penalties 1.1, Historical Religions, Unit Rebalance, Religion Rebalance, Diplomatic Total and Moar Units.
I can tell the problem at a glance, improved tech tree. This mod already changes the tech tree, how on earth would having another mod change it too possibly work?

I can tell the problem at a glance, improved tech tree. This mod already changes the tech tree, how on earth would having another mod change it too possibly work?

yeah the moment I wrote down my mods I realized that. Well, the Improved Tech Mods does not modify any tech afaik, it just adds extra information to the tech nodes.

yeah the moment I wrote down my mods I realized that. Well, the Improved Tech Mods does not modify any tech afaik, it just adds extra information to the tech nodes.
Yeah but it still modifies the same data as Anno Domini, and if the techs are moved around/renamed it will mess up anything that does anything with techs.

s
Yeah but it still modifies the same data as Anno Domini, and if the techs are moved around/renamed it will mess up anything that does anything with techs.[/QUOTE
Yeah but it still modifies the same data as Anno Domini, and if the techs are moved around/renamed it will mess up anything that does anything with techs.

so unchecking the mod will solve the issue?

Thanks for the heads up Lucas on what you've found.
@kpagcha - looks like alexanderyou has solved the issue for you. Basically, when you have a total conversion mod like Anno Domini, w[]here lots of things are changed, it's not going to be compatible with much else. It does (and will) incorporate other mods though, for example, it already had other religions based on Tomatekh's work in Civ 5.

In other news, I created a new leaderscene for Teuta last night, ready for when we can add 2D leaderheads. Here's a preview:
Spoiler :

You might recognise the background; credit goes to JanBoruta for that. I cut out part of his background for Civ 5's Hiram and increased it to the right size, then added effects to make it a little more in line with Civ 6's art style.

When might we see a redone Civics tree. I know that game is fairly new but i feel like my immersion gets broken when my buildings and tile improvements no longer look like they are in the proper era.

Why the rolling eyes? There's no other option at the moment. It was either recycle the existing leaders (in some cases) or not have the civ in at all. Once we can add art, then this will be updated.

His response, the eye rolling, is why i was saying we should wait for the modkit/tools to come out and see what we can do before creating models for leaders in the leader-creation thread. Thats how a lot of ppl think, i didnt want to come off as a dick (not that i mind, just seemed like a lot of sensitive folk there) but i know how ppl were when i was making leaders and trust me; theyre going to wonder why you didnt do X, why you did Y, and what Z even is!

Much like questioning what is extremely impressive/early work. Thats all i was saying before.

Anyway, good job, cant wait for this to be fleshed out!

Hello,

I installed the mod, I can see the "Anno dominici" rules in advanced settings, if I launch the game, I can see the new tech tree, but I don't see where I can pick a new civilization, I have the standard ones only in the list.

Did I miss something ? I'm new in the civilization modding.

Thanks

Alex

@Zmove, you select the Anno Domini ruleset in the advanced settings and the civilizations become available.

@The Capo, thanks for you comments; I know what you mean about creating leaders and what people's comments are like; I've been doing that and receiving such comments for around 13-14 years when I started creating them for Civ 3 ;).

@Zmove, you select the Anno Domini ruleset in the advanced settings and the civilizations become available.

@The Capo, thanks for you comments; I know what you mean about creating leaders and what people's comments are like; I've been doing that and receiving such comments for around 13-14 years when I started creating them for Civ 3 ;).

I already chose the Anno Dominici ruleset in advanced settings, but the new civilization doesn't show. That's why I posted the first time. See the screenshot.

civ6.jpg

Ah ok, didn't pay attention to the name next to the graphics. And the 2 times I tested a game, I picked a random civ and it was a default one.

Thank you for your answers. Do you suggest a level of difficulty to play your mod ? Is it harder or easier than the default version ?

Hello there :)

I just subscribed to thank you for the great work you have put together in this mod and to encourage you to continue on this path. I can see a lot of potential for this project and i hope you continue to bring joy to our game time through your genius and creative touch!

On a different note, i have tried so far 2 games and like some folks here, there is a crash at around turn 220ish in both games. I am gonna still try a third game and if this persists then i will just have to accept it and set the game to end at turn 220. It is a bit sad though that i cant explore the tech tree further and use the late game unites but i understand that this is a big project and i will just have to trust and wait for you to give us the last touch.

Oh and the wonder with the great person slot doesnt seem to work Karnak (checked and edited sorry :p) it locks the game on fill the slot without actually providing it.

Thanks again and great work. I wish you have a good time like you have generously given us plenty. I will be looking forward for version 3!

Last edited:
@Zmove - personally I think that the difficulty level you'd use for the main game would apply with Anno Domini.

@Lazreg - thanks for the feedback! Sorry it ends at turn 220, which I believe has something to do with a specific Scientific Leader who unlocks Chemistry, which isn't in the mod, hence it crashes (even if it's another Leader who discovers it).

It looks like the new patch doesn't allow the graphics to be imported, which is a shame. I'll have to consider whether or not it's worth bringing out version 3 until we can import art again (which hopefully won't be that long). I'd wanted to at least bring in the religious art that Tomatekh had designed and some of the "Moar units". I'd also updated the buildings graphics to be more aligned to Civ 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom