Anno Domini - Rise and Fall edition

Anno Domini - Rise and Fall edition 1.0

I for one would love some support for adding additional civs beyond limits of the original mapsize, sometimes i just want alot of action packed into a small map because im really bad at loading saves from the day before.
I guess that answers to some degree what you ask for generally here - (02) More choice packed into a limited timeframe.

I want it to be a gamble to go either military, religion, science or develop my lands. I absolutely love that i have to research getting the settler, i have to make concious choice if i want to make another city or try to get a religion or similiar dilemmas.

Just from the top of my head now, i think maybe the cultural bonuses early is abit powerful. I have not played it much further than second goverment tier so i might be abit biased by that.

Will try for a longer game now with Troy that i just started, will make a report later

played a full game now. Won pretty easy once the ball started rolling on culture, did not have patience to wait for it to be a victory condition tho. Ran over all the ai`s with a troop squad of infantery, archer (same era) and a equines + general. I see the ai is extra stupid with this mod because all the things they can build.

Druidic lore is not working correctly. Not able to buy troops with faith.
A few hicups here and there like manuver, it still got original era typo.

The Gauls was the opponent giving me the hardest figth early in game, that +5 is really good.

I found goverment plaza to be abit late, but i was focusing on religion and economy.

Science takes way longer to develop than culture - atleast in that game. Was 1 tech away from max culture but only sligthly over halfway through science.

Good game, will try harder difficulty next one, this was done on standar difficulty and standar continents map with max civs and 2 extra civ states.

Really hope more are playing this because it is really fun and well built mod!

Last edited:
This Mod is really cool. I miss a good map.
This would be perfect for the Anno Domini: 40sw4rm's "Old World"

Attachments

• karte.jpg
    karte.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 344
I see there is some additional civs in the original Anno Domini, Civ packs. Will these be available for RF edition eventually?

Last edited:
upload_2018-4-19_2-17-16.png

I think unique or penelope bonus dont work. Supposed to go ocean right?

I feel like im spamming this thread, but its hard not too. Hyperenthusiastic about the mod :)

Last edited:
Mmmm....I did just give her the ability given to (whoever it is in the base game). I'll look into it...but probably will have to change it if it's not working properly. Thanks for feeding it in and please don't feel that you're spamming the thread!! The additional civs were for the vanilla version only; I will integrate them back into the mod over time. There were so many other things I wanted to get right for the mod first.

I recently tried to play an older version of AD that used to be really stable and now it will not launch, so I am happy to see you have a R&F version out now. I will give it a go and let you know how I fare. As per usual thank you for all your hard work! :)

Hi Rob, since i bought all DLC (Australian and Khmer & Indonesian) i've no crash. Before, i was crashing systematic after around 100 turn (online speed).

Any chance you know when you will update for more stuff? Need anyone sparring ideas for uniques or abilities for civs just send me a pm. I love researching ancient times anyways :)

Thanks for the interest! I'm not short of ideas (as I've done Anno Domini for Civ III and Civ V), but please feel free to pop any ideas in this thread. I've got a few issues with my current build (I've added more stuff and basically broken it) but rest assured I'll get it fixed in the near future and post an update.

Well just from the top of my head, it may seem like a joke but i dont know much of the gauls other than from Astrix and Obelix. How bout some sturdy wooden walls available early, and maybe some sciency bonus later - Miraculix :)

I find the concept humourous and fun, builds on the idea/theme of on continent dominance early game.

Hi Rob, thanks a lot for this mod, I used to play it in the older version of Civ some time ago. While it is nice to stay the whole game in ancient times, towards the end of the game (or maybe after the game when only Future technologies are available) some features do not make sense, for example choosing the dedication as you can only choose from bonuses that all depend on technologies you will never research, airport is one of them. Would it be possible to keep the next-to-last dedication screen till the very end? Or do I have some problem with my installation and other technologies are available to research? Also I do not find the best civic Monarchy to be the best without any economic slot basically. And the last thing if I can: is it correct that Apostles and Missionaries have the same rules for crossing borders as other units, military included? It seems strange to me and I don´t remember that from the past. And again, the dedications focused on faith are very restricted by this. But thanks again! EDIT: I forgot, archaeologists, they do not exist? Many dedication and other type of bonuses rely on them...

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! I've not really delved into the faith bonuses yet but you're right, these need to be looked at. At least there are a number of them that you can choose from. I will look at adding an alternative government (or two) that gives either an economic or social bias. Apostles cannot cross borders without a border agreement - something I brought in from a mod by Bone Pidi - which I felt was required as the AI fielded too many apostles. Archaeologists exist, though at some point in development I would like to make them plunderers and potentially change the graphics. This would keep the mechanics the same but bring the theme back to the Anno Domini era.

Hello,
Not sure where to post this but how would I go about installing this mod??
I checked steam workshop and it does not show up. What folder would I download this to?

Any help would be much appreciated .

Thanks

Top Bottom