Anno Domini - Rise and Fall edition

Anno Domini - Rise and Fall edition 1.0

Thanks for that. By reducing the amount of resources, do you mean reduce the number of different resources or the abundance of them? I can't understand at first look why Druidic Lore isn't working, as I just gave it the ability a base game government already had so there was no "programming" as such.

Unfortunately, earlier in the year, I "broke" the Anno Domini version I had in Modbuddy, so I'm having to start from scratch again unfortunately. I have started to do this, but it's not a fast process - especially as I'm rewriting it in some ways to avoid mistakes I made the first time round. It is going to be done, but I can't at the moment put a release date on the next version, sorry.

Having re-read the posts, I can see you mean abundance of individual resources. It could be due to having less resources to choose from, so perhaps I need to create some ancient resources to make up for the loss of coal, oil et al.

Yes. Reducing the available resources is likely to increase their numbers.

Your idea is excellent: put other resources like gold (not as luxury... a bonus +2 gold, +2 gold if mined), tin (requirement to make bronze and phalangites), wood (requirement to make boats), bitumen (requirement to make big boats), flax (requirement to make big ships' sails).

The image of iron or copper can be used to make gold and tin, only by changing colors. Or replace the aluminum with tin. The image of coal may serve as bitumen.
The image of cotton can be used as linen, with some change in color (blue?).

And do not worry about time. Spend as much time as you need ... AD is very cool and currently has no error that compromises gameplay.

I have two suggestions on the technology tree and an offer of help.

1. Trapping (and camps) must come before pasture. Hunting is a pre-homo sapiens activity and animal husbandry is a relatively recent invention. Of course this will change the technology that releases the axeman. In this case, axeman would come with the discovery of copper (remember Ötzi's copper axe) and spearman with the discovery of bronze.

2. The invention of the wheel must necessarily be after the breeding of animals, because it was the traction animals who turned the wheel into useful equipment.
The Incas, for example, knew the wheel but never used it because they did not have animals large enough to pull a wagon. On the other hand, mining may come earlier. Even Neanderthals used ochre. Thus, mining a resource can be eureka for the wheel, but the wheel needs to come after mining.

The way would be basic tools, woodworking, mining and bronze. The wheel would come after the mining.

I do not understand anything about computing, image editing or anything minimally useful. On the other hand, I have time available, and if you accept help, I can look up quotations from ancient authors (such as Homer, Herodotus, or Tacitus) for technologies that do not yet have texts. These books are easy to find on the internet and so I do not take risks of making mistakes in translations.

XP1 is the expansion pack Rise and Fall. I don't understand why it's working for me and not for you.

I am having a crashing issue when I get deep into a game. I am good for almost 200 turns and then the game crashes. Here is my log, if you have a chance to look, thank you. I hope this is the right information.

[3603940.122] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml

[3603940.130] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database

[3603958.217] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

[3603958.217] [Localization]: Passed Validation.

[3603958.390] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

[3603958.390] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.

[3603978.088] [FullTextSearch]: Initializing FullTextSearch

[3603996.283] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

[3603996.296] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.

[3604012.201] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

[3604012.201] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.

[3604052.451] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

[3604066.527] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

[3604066.527] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.

[3604100.199] [Localization] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language

[3604100.199] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into LocalizedText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'

[3604100.199] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into LocalizedText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_DIPLO_KUDO_LEADER_ATI_REASON_ANY, (You have a high income.), ).

[3604100.199] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table LocalizedText from file AnnoDomini_DiplomacyText.xml.

[3604100.199] [Localization] ERROR: NOT NULL constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language

[3604101.646] [Gameplay] ERROR: no such table: Players

[3604102.244] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

[3604102.265] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.

[3604123.124] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

[3604124.101] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

[3604127.512] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context

@Ronald Gordo - I've simply used a quotes site to get the quotes for various Techs, but if you think there's a better quote for any of them (which there probably is!) then please let me know. Thanks for the offer of help.
@zzazazz - As per my post above, unfortunately, I've had to restart from scratch with Anno Domini. It looks as if your issue is that you're playing the mod in a foreign language and it's not liking the Diplomacy Text for some reason. I take it you're not using any other mods (as that does sometimes cause a crash)?

Thanks for replying. I am excited to hear you are going to go at it again. I really enjoy this mod.

And, yes, I am not running any other mods.

@zzazazz - As per my post above, unfortunately, I've had to restart from scratch with Anno Domini. It looks as if your issue is that you're playing the mod in a foreign language and it's not liking the Diplomacy Text for some reason. I take it you're not using any other mods (as that does sometimes cause a crash)?[/QUOTE]

I own Civ V. Would you recommend re-downloading that up and trying AD on that version of the game?

Hi there. First of all, congratulations on this mod. It's quite amazing :D (I've only played the base mod,at least that one is)
There is something that I'd like to know. Is the base mod for Anno Domini Rise&Fall compatible with the civ packs for Anno Domini? Civ selection screen has some issues with them.

Oh, I see. I thought there were still part of the project because I tried the mod without civ packs and some were missing. Thanks Rob :)

Top Bottom