Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Playing Rome, I conquered a few cities (first one I razed, the second one I puppeted) and in neither case did the city of Rome celebrate the hoped-for triumph, We Love The King Day, which is Rome's unique ability upon conquering enemy cities. Are there requirements that perhaps I haven't fulfilled yet, e.g., minimum population size of Rome, or minimum number of cities, etc.? I did note that my city hadn't yet demanded any particular resources. I think when I conquered the second city, Rome was at least size 4 already.

Just curious ... it seems like Render Unto Caesar isn't exactly as useful early-on as what I'd hoped for, or I'm encountering a bug.

Thank you,

-John

@FramedArchitect - thanks - I've now replaced all the files in Health and Plague.

@Unedjis and Nedinator - I will upload version 11 at some point over the weekend, which will include the fixes for the save/load issues.

@JohnMK - thanks for the report. I took it from a Rome that JFD put out and probably have integrated it incorrectly. I'm sorry, but I didn't realise that it wasn't working until you mentioned it and will investigate. One thing to check though - it is a WLTKD event in the capital, not a fully blown, empire-wide WLTKD - are you aware of that?

@JohnMK - thanks for the report. I took it from a Rome that JFD put out and probably have integrated it incorrectly. I'm sorry, but I didn't realise that it wasn't working until you mentioned it and will investigate. One thing to check though - it is a WLTKD event in the capital, not a fully blown, empire-wide WLTKD - are you aware of that?

Yep. Just the capital, I know that.

By the way, with how important Health is as a concept, it seems like there's really only one good real choice as far as first social policy tree goes. Do I have that right? If not, I hope someone has the time someday to write a tutorial and best-recommended-practices article, since this mod really spices things up! I'm aware that person might not be you, since you're busy and have been battling your health off & on which I completely understand. I'm just curious if someone has.

As far as that strategy goes, I opt for opening the Ceremony tree first to get the three culture in the capital, then the Warfare tree as there's normally plenty of barbarians and that gives a bonus against them, plus culture when you kill them. I'm not the best player though, but this seems to then speed up accumulation of culture points and allows you to get the other social policies faster.

Thank you very much Unedjis, I will give that a shot tonight.

Also thank you for this wonderful mod Rob (R8XFT).

In terms of the Roman UA, I re-input the coding and think it then worked, but it was unclear. The good news is that it made me reconsider the UA and change it. JFD's Napoleonic France had the perfect UA to fit with the theme, so I've put it in and, after testing, can confirm it works wonderfully!

Render unto Caesar: Gain a Great General at the outbreak of war with a major civilization. Expend Great Generals in occupied cities to instantly assimilate them into the empire.

Incidentally, do people like the quests that replace Great Art?

@JohnMK: I usually open with Ceremony, then go for Warfare next (for the Opener, then Discipline). If I still haven't advanced to the next era by my 4th policy, I get three more policies in the Ceremony tree (for the +Gold and -Unhappiness in the capital; the other policies I consider sort of useless by that point in the game). Once I get a religion, I always go straight for Piety since that's -in my opinion- by far the strongest tree available in the second era and really useful for the Reformation Belief. Liberty is nice as well.

As for Health ... well, I usually take a gamble. There's only so many outbreaks of the Plague, and usually the AI has it even worse than me in terms of health, so their cities get struck first. So far, I've not had an outbreak originating in one of my cities. However, if there's an outbreak in a city relatively close to one of yours (say, 2-4 cities away), there's a high chance it'll spread to your empire regardless of your actual health level (at least if it's around -5 to +5). I haven't checked if a really high level of health actually prevents that because, honestly, I think the Health tree is terribly weak in comparison. Sure it's nice for growth if you have positive health (because excess health is added to your food) but there are other ways that do not cost you social policies. So I skipped that tree entirely in the past. Should I get really ravaged now with the new update (which makes health more of an issue than before), I might reconsider though.

@Rob: Haven't had any quests yet, so I can't tell. (Because the AI usually builds the Golden Fleece before I even research the tech; same with the insanely strong Temple of Artemis and the E...somethingorother that gives +20% culture and the one that gives a free shrine in every city, and the one that gives +1 Happiness for every shrine (or was it Faith?). The AI really knows to prioritize the strong wonders. And the Arbor Low. They also always build the Arbor Low.)

Anyone have any ideas how to fix my issue? I know you probably all think I'm dumb and have the generic civ 5 dx 11 issue, but that is not the case. Just to be more detailed it happens ONLY in this mod.

I deleted the whole game and directories and reinstalled. I played anno v 10. worked fine. Saved it. Reloaded. Worked... kinda. The banner at the top where you can hover the mouse to get a list of your resources just displayed 'brief description' and did not list anything. This had happened before too.

So I saved again and reloaded. Crash with dx 11 error.

So I played a different mod. Saga of man. Worked. Saved it. Loaded it. Worked. Tried again. Worked. Tried base game. Saved. Loaded. Worked. Tried Anno Domini, saved, loaded - crash with DX 11 error.

This did not happen with version 0.9 Note that i do not use the cloud with civ, so no corrupted save file issue from cloud. Also this happens every time I make a new game if it is AD, one save, then the load is a crash.

So any ideas would be welcome. As it stands, all I can do is start a new game and play it as long as I like but to have any chance of reloading it I have to delete the cache/dbs, and thats not a guarantee either. And it works once if it works at all. Just on AD. Not on anything else.

Ideas?

That is the exact issue we're all having, to which FramedArchitect has provided a solution. Read the first post on this page (page 21, post #401), where I've summed his solution. Or wait until tomorrow or Sunday for Rob to upload the new version with the fixes already included.

Ohh nice pic! :)

I'm hoping to have that version available at some point tomorrow; the Massagetae are planned to be in that. Click the spoiler for the preview of my version of Queen Tomyris.

Spoiler :

This is one of the best leader screens I've seen. Great job. :goodjob:

Ohh nice pic! :)

This is one of the best leader screens I've seen. Great job. :goodjob:

Thanks guys!!

Version 11 is now available. Please see post #2 for full details of what's included and post #1 for the actual download.

As well as the bugfixes, you'll note that the Massagetae have joined the mod and we now have decisions to add to the events that were already incorporated.

The mod is now on the home straight and all the elements are there - so please try it out and feed back.

(Deleted because I mixed things up. Brigantia was the one with the UA that now the Massagetae, whom I always read as massage+tea, have, and which is very useful when your neighbors try to sneak-rape you in the early game. Iona is the one with the UA that's great for early game but probably useless by midgame, like most religion-based UAs.)

Hi. I'm new on this forum but not so new to the civ games. I recently download Anno Domini v11 mod and noticed some problems.

In file AnnoDomini_Maps.sql there are two inserts that (I suppose) are adding new maps to the game. For example AnnoDomini_Europe_Huge.Civ5Map. However this file can not be found anywhere and when i try to use that map in the game civ process end up in infinite loop. By the way, I can pick that map only from advanced setup. When I pick it up from main game setup window nothing changes and previous map is still the one that is picked.

Any ideas?

PS
I use only Anno Domini mod nothing else.

Yes, dyes in the sea is normal. Your work boats can improve that resource although there is no change in the graphics (unless that has been changed recently and I didn't notice in the changelog). Dyes can appear anywhere, including snow.

Top Bottom