Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

@Rudra_Rajput - are you playing with any other mods in addition to Anno Domini? It's a standalone mod, so adding other mods may be causing your issues.
EDIT - You edited your post whilst I was posting this one to state that you aren't using other mods. Then...not sure...do you have all the DLC as well as G&K/BNW?

@Unedjis - it was unintentional with the treasure trove, so I'll need to amend that. I might just leave the maintenance in place and take off the 1 gold. There were reports previously with the mod that it was too harsh on the cash element, but I think that if anything, it's the opposite now. I like the idea about splitting the promotion for the two units, so will look to incorporate that ;).

@Unedjis - it was unintentional with the treasure trove, so I'll need to amend that. I might just leave the maintenance in place and take off the 1 gold. There were reports previously with the mod that it was too harsh on the cash element, but I think that if anything, it's the opposite now.

Ha, so it's gonna be the Treasure Trove that keeps on taking. Like paying to sustain your bank account. ;) But yes, I don't think cash is really a problem. If you start building your markets and merchant's houses as soon as they become available, you'll be swimming in gold. 30 trade routes also help (if I still get the same result as in my last marathon game). It's just the early game that is hard on everything, as it should be.

Speaking of, I've noticed that there are now a lot more things that decrease your health. That's good because this way, the Health policy tree is actually worth taking; I skipped it last playthrough because I hardly ever got hit by plague and apart from health benefits, there isn't much to get out of the policies. But if plague really becomes a problem (it is currently; my capital has -5 health and I've done everything I can to get it up [that sounds wrong] except for the policy tree), this makes it all the more important. Overall, the Health&Plague aspect feels a lot better than previously, and I really like the additional options when setting up your game (especially that you can choose whether plague can destroy cities or not - for now I've disabled that because it's mostly the AI that gets hit, so it actually makes the game easier if cities get destroyed all the time).

@Rudra_Rajput - are you playing with any other mods in addition to Anno Domini? It's a standalone mod, so adding other mods may be causing your issues.
EDIT - You edited your post whilst I was posting this one to state that you aren't using other mods. Then...not sure...do you have all the DLC as well as G&K/BNW?

yes i have all DLC do i have to re-install the game and then try this mod

edit: i am re-installing the game i will post an update after

Speaking of, I've noticed that there are now a lot more things that decrease your health. That's good because this way, the Health policy tree is actually worth taking; I skipped it last playthrough because I hardly ever got hit by plague and apart from health benefits, there isn't much to get out of the policies. But if plague really becomes a problem (it is currently; my capital has -5 health and I've done everything I can to get it up [that sounds wrong] except for the policy tree), this makes it all the more important. Overall, the Health&Plague aspect feels a lot better than previously, and I really like the additional options when setting up your game (especially that you can choose whether plague can destroy cities or not - for now I've disabled that because it's mostly the AI that gets hit, so it actually makes the game easier if cities get destroyed all the time).
Thanks for that. I do like the Health and Plague mod that FramedArchitect created and the additional options upon game set-up are down to him.

random maps are working per info
So does that mean you're now able to play the mod?

yes i have all DLC do i have to re-install the game and then try this mod

edit: i am re-installing the game i will post an update after
Fingers crossed! Hope you're able to play the mod after you've done this.

I am able to play the mod but only with random maps
but saves are (edit : sometimes not always) corrupted

I have re-installed the game game but still crashing at the same point IDK what causing the game crash :confused:

I am able to play the mod but only with random maps
but saves are always corrupted

Go back one page in this thread and get the fixes from FramedArchitect. They did it for me even without deleting any databases or whatnot.

Edit: Or not. Just crashed again. But I could load it once. :-/ Now to figure out what's the correct database to delete.

Go back one page in this thread and get the fixes from FramedArchitect. They did it for me even without deleting any databases or whatnot.

Edit: Or not. Just crashed again. But I could load it once. :-/ Now to figure out what's the correct database to delete.

I suspect you were trying to load a previous save from within a game, and that will definitely cause a crash right now. The reason is most likely because there are lots of un-referenced keys in the DB right now. Loading from the main menu, however should work fine with the re-incrementer in place.

I managed to start the Anno Domini, with Brunskys Map Pack, that I assume was made for Version 9. Anyhow, its quite pleasing to see what you have accomplished! Now I am trying to make a reasonable map now for the ancient times (6000-300BC). Something thats quite lacking in this incarnation of CIV. We had an extraordinary quality of maps in TAM(CIV3), which needed only slight enhancements in the Mesopotamian area. Its a very stubborn misconception that Mesopotamia looked like we imagine it from actual maps, while in fact the lands between Euphrates and Tigris looked a lot different, and sites like Ur and Eridu where actually located much closer to the seaside or rather the sea extended further inland at that time. Another point are the ressource locations, especially in the Zagros, Taurus, Levante and on Cyprus.

I might add that I am only fumbling with the world builder at the moment, since I had and still have a hard time to get it even started. Its a shame that running this engine is troubled by all those steam restrictions.

Rob, wanted to let you know I've put out new versions of Reforestation and Move Capital mods that are much more efficient in the BNW context. As there's so much lua code running in your mod, it might be a good idea to update those new versions. Best, FA

...and you've updated Health and Plague too (to version 17). I'll make sure Anno Domini is updated with all three ;). (Though I'll keep the updated files that you kindly posted here to ensure it would merge probably with the slavery mod and fix other issues as the current versions).

I managed to start the Anno Domini, with Brunskys Map Pack, that I assume was made for Version 9. Anyhow, its quite pleasing to see what you have accomplished! Now I am trying to make a reasonable map now for the ancient times (6000-300BC). Something thats quite lacking in this incarnation of CIV. We had an extraordinary quality of maps in TAM(CIV3), which needed only slight enhancements in the Mesopotamian area. Its a very stubborn misconception that Mesopotamia looked like we imagine it from actual maps, while in fact the lands between Euphrates and Tigris looked a lot different, and sites like Ur and Eridu where actually located much closer to the seaside or rather the sea extended further inland at that time. Another point are the ressource locations, especially in the Zagros, Taurus, Levante and on Cyprus.

I might add that I am only fumbling with the world builder at the moment, since I had and still have a hard time to get it even started. Its a shame that running this engine is troubled by all those steam restrictions.

Glad you've got it running! Burunsky's map pack was actually made for the Gods and Kings version of Anno Domini. Any maps that can work with this incarnation of AD would be brilliant; I can't even load worldbuilder these days.

Would you guys prefer version 11 to be released sometime soon (i.e. this weekend at some point) so that it contains the various bug fixes? It'll also include some new icons and whatever new elements I have change to add before then.

.Would you guys prefer version 11 to be released sometime soon (i.e. this weekend at some point) so that it contains the various bug fixes? It'll also include some new icons and whatever new elements I have change to add before then.

Yes, that would be much appreciated because ...

@FA: I'm not a modder, so I really don't know how I would apply the re-incrementer. I googled yesterday to no avail as there are two things I don't know how to do and Google didn't really help either:

1) How do I create a new SQL file? The various tutorials I skimmed said I should load the project/solution but I don't know how to do that either because I can't find the file with the appropriate extension.
2) How do I put said SQL file at the end of the load list? My best guess would be the modinfo file but there are two entries that seem relevant (ActivateOnLoad and FilesLoaded (not sure if I remember the names 100% right but something like that), and the latter has these large registry-like strings of numbers and letters, which I wouldn't know where to get from.

[I am not trying to load from within the game, always from the main menu. First thing I learne after first installing IGE, like, long ago.]

Thanks in advance!

Update : so some how game didn't crashed on game config screen but now it is crashing in "begin your journey" screen
ps: i chose duel player , map : pangea
edit: i think i am having some hardware issues because this mod's size is huge.

...and you've updated Health and Plague too (to version 17). I'll make sure Anno Domini is updated with all three ;). (Though I'll keep the updated files that you kindly posted here to ensure it would merge probably with the slavery mod and fix other issues as the current versions).

v.17 of Health mod includes support for the Slavery mod. Above link was just a "quick fix"!

@FA: I'm not a modder, so I really don't know how I would apply the re-incrementer.

Well, my posted fix was really for Rob for future versions. If you want to apply the fix you can do what I did -- paste that code at the very end of the Plague.sql file :

Code:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (BNW) (v 10)\Plague\Database\Plague.sql

That file loads very near last so it reincrements the tables that need it.

Well, my posted fix was really for Rob for future versions. If you want to apply the fix you can do what I did -- paste that code at the very end of the Plague.sql file :

Code:
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Anno Domini (BNW) (v 10)\Plague\Database\Plague.sql

That file loads very near last so it reincrements the tables that need it.

Oh, that easy? That I can do, thanks. I had opened the file at one point wondering if it was enough to paste your code but then I didn't for fear of breaking everything because I have no idea what I'm doing. Editing XML values is the extent of my modding ability. ;) Thank you! I'll try that so I have something to play until it's included officially.

Edit: I got it to work but only on a new game in which I deactivated the "Promotions - Expansion Pack". Seems like there is a hard incompatibility there, which isn't surprising given that AD also appears to modify promotions. Should you ever want to make a list of mods that have been proven incompatible (I know, the prerequiste for support is to not use any other mods at all but I really really like IGE), this would be one to go on there. [IGE and "Faster Marathon Train and Construct" do not seem to cause issues, however. The latter literally has one entry that sets unit training on Marathon to 150% and building construction to 225% (or vice versa, can't remember), and it has been working flawlessly. IGE cannot account for all features (like Plague), of course, including some BNW mechanics such as trade routes, but the features it has do work.]

Ok this is weird. Deleting the database let me load the save, but only till the next time. I have to delete the database every time I want to load a game, and sometimes have to do this more than once to make it work.

Hello, I spoke to rob8xft on steam and he advised me to come here and ask what might be wrong with my game.

First up I am very modding illiterate, the extent of my knowledge is moving files where people tell me to, so this could be a problem from my end. I had read some the the fixes that people wrote here but it was very confusing for me, I don't have any knowledge of advanced IT.

With that out of the way I seem to be having a problem where, whenever I try to load a save from this mod I get a runtime error, I am unable to load saves from this mod but not from the original game and other mods. I have all the DLC and both expansions.

A weird problem that occurred last night when I was going to give the Trưng Sisters a try was all maps were unavailable to them, I kept getting an "unable to load texture popup," I haven't checked all the leaders but it seems this problem for me was limited to the Trưng Sisters.

This mod is amazing, it has really drawn me in and even though I can't load games I can't stop playing it, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

As a fellow modding illiterate (but not quite as badly as you describe your situation ;) ) with similar problems, I'll try to explain what you need to do in order to get the save/load to work. (About the texture thing all I can tell you is to redownload the mod in order to make sure all the correct files are there. Or play another civ and hope the AI won't get Vietnam.)

Make a backup of the Anno Domini mod folder so you can revert to the original if anything goes wrong. It's located in My Documents --> My Games --> Civilization V --> MODS.

I'll refer you to post #371 (page 19) by FramedArchitect for two replacement files if you haven't done that yet. Not sure what they do but if FA says it's good then it's good. ;) Applying these fixes won't help with the save/load crash though, sooo ...

First of all, you'll need to install the SDK (editor), which is available on Steam for free along with an installation of Civ5. Here's the instructions on how to do that, including Visual Studio, which is a requirement for the SDK.

Once you got that, open it and select "Mod Buddy". In the Mod Buddy, go to File --> Open --> File. Go to the Anno Domini folder in MODS, then to Plague --> Database and open the Plague.sql file. Copy and paste the following code by FramedArchitect at the very end of the document. Do not leave empty lines (I think?); if you want to separate the new code from the old, then copy-paste one of the ---- lines. Save the document, close SDK, start the game (preferably a new game - I couldn't load an existing one due to mod incompatibility but that might still work for you, just try), enjoy.

Spoiler :
Code:
CREATE TABLE IDRemapper ( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, Type TEXT );
INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Technologies ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Technologies SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Technologies.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Projects ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Projects SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Projects.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Improvements ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Improvements SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Improvements.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Builds ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Builds SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Builds.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Buildings ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Buildings SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Buildings.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Civilizations ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Civilizations SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Civilizations.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Leaders ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Leaders SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Leaders.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Traits ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Traits SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Traits.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Beliefs ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Beliefs SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Beliefs.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Religions ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Religions SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Religions.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM UnitPromotions ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE UnitPromotions SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE UnitPromotions.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Units ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Units SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Units.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM PolicyBranchTypes ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE PolicyBranchTypes SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE PolicyBranchTypes.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

INSERT INTO IDRemapper (Type) SELECT Type FROM Policies ORDER BY ID;
UPDATE Policies SET ID =	( SELECT IDRemapper.id-1 FROM IDRemapper WHERE Policies.Type = IDRemapper.Type);
DROP TABLE IDRemapper;

Hope I got it right and so that fellow illiterates can understand. ;)

First of all, you'll need to install the SDK (editor), which is available on Steam for free along with an installation of Civ5.

Actually you don't need SDK to open Plague.sql and apply the above fix -- just a basic text editor (e.g. Notepad). Be sure that you save the file after you paste that code in there, and you're good to go. (You can also open and edit lua and MODINFO files with Notepad, though I'm not sure about xml).

Top Bottom