Anno Domini Rise of Cities edition

Anno Domini: Rise of Cities edition (latest version dated November 9th 2016) 27

Thank-you! It wasn't uploaded to the unforgiving Steam audience and won't be uploaded there until it's finished. I'm currently working on the updated version and hope to be uploading it to a new host in a few days time.

One word of warning though....the new version only has about a quarter to a third of the original civs - for now. They're all being updated and I have all the ideas I need, just time is required. The battle of the Nile is ongoing between a few different civ makers, so there'll be an update when all of those civs become available as well. I'm currently concentrating on the main mod itself and ironing out some of the flaws pointed out in the thread.

Just by way of an update, I've been working on the resource model today. I've added an extra building, the brickmaker, which comes with Masonry, requires one unit of clay and one unit of timber to build and then produces five units of mudbricks. These will be used to build adobes, schools, barracks, walls and 10 wonders around that part of the game, such as the Pyramids and Sphinx. Limestone then makes an appearance with Slave labour and is used for the buildings and wonders from that point that already required limestone, plus some of those that required Tyrian purple. Tyrian purple is a unique luxury for Phoenicia and dyes are back to being a straightforward luxury item. Barley is now going to turn up in the right places and there'll be a better spread of it; bison are now actually in the game at least after messing about with AssignStartingPlots.lua file. I'm ramping down stone production via stoneworks to just two units (with the stone resource itself making a third unit) as there'll only be a handful of wonders that use it (plus a couple of ad-hoc buildings). The vizier is being removed from the game altogether as that will be the unique building for one of the Egypts. Did I mention that some civs are in there more than once with different leaders? You have JFD, JanBoruta and the MoreCivs team to blame for that one ;).

First off all THANKS for this awesome mod....

Second, man i did a really bad thing...wen a changed mi windows from 7 to 10 for mistake i erased the latest Anno Dominni and now i am just kicking myself cuse i acessed your site and as half-world know there is nothing there.... and it seems like theres no one in the internet or mod sites whit it so i think i just have to wait for a new release....

Third, thanks again and good work man, for me this is the best mod of CIV.5 by large margin.

Just by way of an update, I've been working on the resource model today. I've added an extra building, the brickmaker, which comes with Masonry, requires one unit of clay and one unit of timber to build and then produces five units of mudbricks. These will be used to build adobes, schools, barracks, walls and 10 wonders around that part of the game, such as the Pyramids and Sphinx. Limestone then makes an appearance with Slave labour and is used for the buildings and wonders from that point that already required limestone, plus some of those that required Tyrian purple. Tyrian purple is a unique luxury for Phoenicia and dyes are back to being a straightforward luxury item. Barley is now going to turn up in the right places and there'll be a better spread of it; bison are now actually in the game at least after messing about with AssignStartingPlots.lua file. I'm ramping down stone production via stoneworks to just two units (with the stone resource itself making a third unit) as there'll only be a handful of wonders that use it (plus a couple of ad-hoc buildings). The vizier is being removed from the game altogether as that will be the unique building for one of the Egypts. Did I mention that some civs are in there more than once with different leaders? You have JFD, JanBoruta and the MoreCivs team to blame for that one ;).

Sounds good! Except for the Pyramids. If you mean the wonder. Those are the one building that I feel MUST require limestone because, well, they ARE made of it, and there's no way mudbricks would endure the millenia. (I do, however, understand why you'd change the requirement. The Pyramids are supposed to be a very early wonder, and if limestone only becomes available later in the game, they would become a midgame wonder instead. But then again, you'll never be able to construct them at the historically correct date anyway since the game only starts 4000 B.C. and you can't start building wonders straight away.) I'd probably move the Pyramids to Slave Labor then because according to most theories, slaves were integral in constructing them anyway. (Same goes for the Sphinx, which is rumored to be even older than the Pyramids.)

Hmmm, I'll have to give that one a think. It would mean swapping a few bits about, which I'm not a massive fan of now that I have it fairly well balanced.

I knooooow, that's why I was reluctant to say anything at all. Balancing stuff is a PitA. In the end it doesn't really matter what the resource is called, so do your thing and disregard haters. :p

I've found a way. I've put limestone back with Masonry and given that as the prerequisite of the Sphinx and the Pyramids. Dur-Sharrukin has moved to Dynasty to make room. Additionally, worker housing and apothecaries now require one unit of mudbricks.

Hm, I hope you'll be able to work around the fact that Djoser's Vizier (Great Engineer) creates sources of Limestone. At least you'll have a fancy new icon to look forward to :D

Hm, I hope you'll be able to work around the fact that Djoser's Vizier (Great Engineer) creates sources of Limestone. At least you'll have a fancy new icon to look forward to :D

Wow, that's absolutely amazing and will work well with the mod. I genuinely cannot wait for the Battle of the Nile stuff to be released. Thanks for the info :).

Good news and bad news....the bad news (if you can call it that) is that I've decided to work further on the mod before releasing it and am aiming to release it as soon as the various Battle of the Nile civs become available, which should be in about a couple of weeks' time. I will therefore incorporate these civs into the mod prior to uploading.

In the "good news" section, I've managed to add pontoon bridges, rebalance the resource system and change the unit strengths in the later two ages to balance out increased defensive strength. I've been working on events and decisions, as the civs will now have unique decisions (religious decisions have also been added); also trying to add some unique events where I can.

Tomorrow, I am attempting to incorporate the new "mercenaries" modcomp by JFD and Pouakai into Anno Domini. Mercenaries will become available from early Anno Extentionis (if it all works). I'm sure you'll agree that it's worth waiting for if these bits and pieces are added and other areas ironed out. I have been re-reading your comments and bug finds so that I can do my utmost to get those sorted out prior to uploading.

Tomorrow, I am attempting to incorporate the new "mercenaries" modcomp by JFD and Pouakai into Anno Domini. Mercenaries will become available from early Anno Extentionis (if it all works). I'm sure you'll agree that it's worth waiting for if these bits and pieces are added and other areas ironed out. I have been re-reading your comments and bug finds so that I can do my utmost to get those sorted out prior to uploading.

There is one bugfixing update that I need to do, so in light of this, I'll try to focus on that tonight and have it released by tomorrow. Let me know if you have any trouble thereafter.

On the War of the Nile front, I'm happy to declare victory in re-affirming the government of Ramesses the Great. With three regions under the leadership of pro-JFD and Janboruta rulers, we have but one more to install :D (Translation: Hatshepsut and Ramesses' revision are now complete. Just Akhenaten to go).

Oh, sorry - I did actually see it (at least, I recall it), however, I think I must've gotten distracted. I'll post some screenshots to show of Djoser and Hatshepsut shortly.

Is there a diplomatic victory in this mod? I'm struggling to find much information on the victories.

First of all, thank you Rob for this amazing mod. I hope there will be a new version on a new server as soon as possible, because I failed to backup the latest version. (I'm still playing v12).
Is there a mod compatibility with the Historical Spawn Date mod by gedemon?
Because in v12 the mod failed.

Welcome to Civfanatics! Thanks also for the kind words about the mod. The historical spawn dates mod won't work with Anno Domini, the clash being caused by the fact that AD deletes a lot of civilizations and units, which are then called upon in the historical spawn dates mod. In order for it to work, it would be a case of me creating a new historical spawn dates mod within Anno Domini - and then it would be part of the mod for everyone; I don't wish to do that, sorry.

Thank you for the response. Ok I understand that but could you give me some hints how I could mod that myself? Maybe in a private message so I don't divert the main topic of this forum. It would be very kind of you!

If you're going to work more on the mod please replace some of the low quality leader portraits with better ones, to improve the overall consistency in the mod.

Top Bottom