1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aristos, Apr 2, 2019.

1. skodkim

skodkim Chieftain

Downloading!

2. 679x

679x Chieftain

upload_2019-4-11_13-8-5.png
    Fix is here! Here is a snip of the patch notes for those who can't access Steam right now.

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Anybody test it out yet? I wasn't planning on starting a game, but perhaps I can.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  4. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

They continue to impress with response to fan concerns, for example also changing the great works back.

oedali, Stilgar08, Kjimmet and 7 others like this.
  5. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The 2 week turnaround is pretty impressive considering they had to QA it on 3 platforms.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Of course it makes me wonder if they even tested some of these features. I know their QA team isn't large, but the great works thing was kind of obvious. Not a big deal when everything is on one page, but god forbid you play Eleanor and have theater squares in every city.

7. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Fighters can still NOT deploy from Airstrips. :mad:

Back to Vox Populi.

8. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ Chieftain

Same. havent even test the new patch. war is boring and i dont hear mutch improvement so still play VP

9. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Yeap. Everyone congratulating them here, for what is basically a poor job of "fixing" a few issues among the many reported in the Bug Reports subforum. :thumbsdown:

10. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Chieftain

The Great Works system would have been more or less fine if they added a "compact mode" for the Great Works menu that eliminated excess space and made everything take up about half the space it does now in both dimensions. ...and also made it scroll vertically, since it doesn't for some reason.

But the way it is now is just silly. It's one of the ugliest menus in the game and it's so ugly that trying to make it more functional just makes it worse.

11. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

But they are still good as bomber bases, right?
    Just have to re-conceptualize what airstrips are, and their purpose.

(sigh), until their function changes, if it ever does.

12. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Squashed. As an FYI, this update was a quickie to take care of the most egregious problems that you folks were kind enough to point out. We're still working hard, reviewing each of these issues. Thanks all!

Drudy, CPWimmer, PonderThis and 25 others like this.
  13. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Seriously? I'm done "re-conceptualizing" to compensate for bugs. I had to do that a lot already to be able to "suspend-disbelief" my civ 6 games against the "AI" in order not to feel like I am playing SimCity with tanks. Nope, no more "re-conceptualizing". Air bases are air bases, period. Waited long enough to be able to TRY to enjoy the air game.

Unless this is their way to "buff" the AI... :rolleyes:

14. UWHabs

UWHabs Warlord

Even if they just added a "filter" menu so that you can limit to only show relevant city spots for great work pieces. Or having some sorting options, or other way to arrange things. Especially with some civs' cities, it can be really hard to remember exactly which one it was that I wanted to move the work to.

Pietato, Elhoim and WillowBrook like this.
  15. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

AFAIC, @dshirk 's precisions above are good enough -- for relatively simple (and expected, asap) repairs to generic "flaws" experienced by many.

Soooooo.. i certainly can honestly wait even more for further (less but still important) fixes. The gameplay is stable while nothing really breaks the essential(s).
    Keep 'hem coming, Firaxis! :)

King Rad, Meluhhan, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  16. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

You might want to give this stuff (( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1652106496 )) a full ride. I found it to be intuitive enough to cover just about any situations. More so now that the latest mini-patch is supposed to be removing "Drag&Drop" from the component.

PS; Although.. you'll likely have to wait until the modder adapts his stuff to the newest LUA/XML codes!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  17. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

It's really nice to see devs posting here after a patch/hotfix.

Abaxial, Meluhhan, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  18. local_hero

local_hero Chieftain

I thought dragging Great Works worked quite well actually and adapted fairly quickly. Did we really give this change a fair chance civfanatics community?

(Sorry Firaxis, I know you are pulling your hair because of my comment. "You can't please these guys!!!!!")

I'm sure I'll have no problem switching back to do things the old way, cheer up!

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  19. TheGrumpyBuddha

TheGrumpyBuddha Chieftain

Does this affect current games? (I hope so!)

20. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Chieftain

Really, the drag-and-drop system's main problem was the interface around it; it is awkward to use drag-and-drop for something you can easily get lost in, and something you'll probably need to scroll through. I would love to see this interface get retouched in a later patch, if anyone's watching.

The old system is clunky, but it's at least effective.

WillowBrook likes this.