[GS] Antarctic Late Summer Patch Discussion Thread

Have a look yourself:

upload_2019-4-11_8-49-19.png

https://steamdb.info/app/289070/depots/

Pls urge the hot fix, at least the AI trading mistake, it really destroy the game.. I do not understand how that can take that long to fix ? And how was it not found before the release?

Pls urge the hot fix, at least the AI trading mistake, it really destroy the game.. I do not understand how that can take that long to fix ? And how was it not found before the release?

Guess that the price for all this "All systems must be updated together, cross-play/save bla bla"... that it has not been found before... ya, thats a good question if an QA is involved, very obvious issue for me at least... also waiting, cant play in this state, iam not that disciplined to decline the very generous offers! ;)

I agree. I haven't touched the game since discovering the trade bug. I hope the fix lands in time for the weekend.

They need to add large bonuses if a trade route originates in a coastal city, and then travels over water, instead of just if one travels over water.

Thanks. Didn't know how to check. From what I gather on the forums this is the behaviour we would expect just before a patch (?). Would love to see one today as I have some free time.

\Skodkim
None of us who try to read the tea leaves have any inside information. The recent updates are consistent with a patch coming soon, and there was clearly concern from Firaxis about the trade bugs, but 2k has to sign off on anything released to the public, and who knows how urgent they think this is.

That said, @Eagle Pursuit 's guess at 1:00 eastern today does seem the most likely, based on the lack of further updates and past patch release timing. That would be 5 hours and 38 minutes from this post.

It would actually make more sense if the TARGET city received the food/production anyway, since you're SENDING those things to the new city. Right now it actually is backwards.
I'd take it a step further and suggest that BOTH the sender and receiver should benefit (not equally). After all, it is unlikely that the trade caravan travels empty in one direction.

I'd take it a step further and suggest that BOTH the sender and receiver should benefit (not equally). After all, it is unlikely that the trade caravan travels empty in one direction.
Larger city should benefit less. Right now, the trade system has no "reasons that make sense". I forget which civ game (may have been CTP2) your trade routes carried your luxury goods and such. Obviously outside the scope of Civ6, but it would be a Civ7 thing that trade goods only had regional range and had to be transported to within range to have effect.

Or maybe an xpac. It encourage colonization, too, because you needed trade goods within range of cities.

To verge on realism, the sending city should receive gold and the receiving city should receive various yields dependent on the districts in the sending city.

Well it depends on if the city is sending the trader out to deliver things or to fetch things. :D

I think of it as merchants going out to sell their home city's goods in the destination. They sell the goods, the camels, and the porters; then they head home with a lockbox full of gold.

Although, with oceanic trade, they should have respective yields going both directions since ships rarely sail empty.

Here's a fun idea for Portugal: a Triangular Trade mechanic. Traders make circuits of multiple cities, collecting yields at each destination instead of just running between two cities. Give them bonuses if the cities belong to separate civs.

I think of it as merchants going out to sell their home city's goods in the destination. They sell the goods, the camels, and the porters; then they head home with a lockbox full of gold.

Although, with oceanic trade, they should have respective yields going both directions since ships rarely sail empty.

Here's a fun idea for Portugal: a Triangular Trade mechanic. Traders make circuits of multiple cities, collecting yields at each destination instead of just running between two cities. Give them bonuses if the cities belong to separate civs.
That was my thinking at first too, but the other way works too:

Mayor: Cityville needs Widgets! Traders, head to nearby Newtown to procure a load of their finest. Offer them whatever they want, our coffers are open!

None of us who try to read the tea leaves have any inside information. The recent updates are consistent with a patch coming soon, and there was clearly concern from Firaxis about the trade bugs, but 2k has to sign off on anything released to the public, and who knows how urgent they think this is.

That said, @Eagle Pursuit 's guess at 1:00 eastern today does seem the most likely, based on the lack of further updates and past patch release timing. That would be 5 hours and 38 minutes from this post.

Dennis Shirk said "stay tuned" in the Bug Report thread about half an hour ago. So, my guess is that it...will be soon, jajaja. I guess today is a good bet.

Top Bottom