Anyone else quit playing?

Yes I quitted after a few weeks although I did play 50 hours.

I won every game I played even on deity and felt the game was boring.

The AI and balance issues killed the game for me.

Considering how expensive this game was I hope they can fix it or I willll think twice before buying another firaxis product

I'm still playing, mainly b/c I want to get the unique Achievements for each civ --- i find at least those quests to be somewhat interesting to pursue.

Well, I'm not playing it at the moment as I cycle through my games. But I'm going back to it. Since Civ 6 came out I've not gone back to 5. Now maybe that's partly due to it being new, but overall I'm having far more fun on Civ 6. Not entirely sure why but I am. Civ 6 has far better load times for me (5 takes forever to load on my computer) and just overall is a more enjoyable experience for me. Yes, the faults that others have pointed out are present, but for me that doesn't matter as I enjoy the game. It still keeps me up far too late at night when I play it. And having fun is the whole point. If I wasn't having fun it'd be shelved. Civ 5 got shelved more than once because I didn't enjoy it that much until BNW and some later mods.

As you can see, there's a mixed bag here. With some people enjoying the game and some people being unable to get past it's, admittedly many, flaws. Oh well, to each their own.

I have quit playing after 71 hours on record. Despite my attempts to try to like and get into the game, I observed that it was clearly rushed and is littered with many annoyances / bugs from the UI, religious unit spam, cramped starting locations, horrific AI, diplomatic harassment, unit click movement bugs, snorefest music, etc.

I payed good money for this game (got the deluxe version) and yet I felt like a beta tester when I played it. I ardently regret my decision to purchase Civ VI. The mods alone can't address all the issues; I have tried a myriad of them that did things like addressing district build times, eureka boosts, tech per era times, none of them solved the main issue: This game makes you feel aimless and is essentially boring. Like the OP, I have never played a full game (in my case I never went beyond the gone beyond the industrial era in my longest lasting 2-3 games).

I have now gone back to civ5, which I find much more challenging and enjoyable.

My sentiments exactly. Firaxis should be ashamed to have released this game when they did as it remains far from ready.

I haven't quit in the sense that I'm angry, but I have no desire to play Civ since the game came out.

For me I think it's a combination of all the little hindrances which curbed my enthusiasm, along with the much larger factor that the game takes far too long for me to be able to dedicate time to it. I don't understand, maybe it's my decision making skills, but this game easily takes 2x - 3x as much time to complete than Civ V did.

I'm not particularly upset but I don't see myself returning to this game as much as I did Civ V because of that 2nd factor. This has greatly reduced my enthusiasm for any expansions as well. This might be the first game in the series where I will pass on an expansion, but we'll see if I change my mind. I hope so but I can't imagine having the time to play it.

I have quit for now. I may be back if I think the DLC does enough to improve the core gameplay and isn't just tacked on crap. My single biggest problem with the game is that it is too similar to Civ 5, no where near ambitious enough on innovation to the core mechanics. It took me 2 weeks to work out my First Order Optimal strategy in vanilla Civ 6 and it took over 6 months in Civ 5. The reason I believe for the discrepancy is that Civ 6 is basically just a spruced up Civ 5 and I already had 350+ hours in that system.

i havnt touched this game in a long time, the fall patch while a step in the right direction was not even close to enough to make me think about coming back to play again. i feel burned, but then i played civ V for free so much it balanced out in my mind a bit. still they will not get another penny from me on this game

Haven't played for a long time. A strategy game with no competitive AI to speak of is no fun. Maybe I'll try again in about 9 months after more patches, mods.

I have started lots of games and have never finished any due to creeping ennui. There doesn't seem to be any challenge.

I'm currently going achievement hunting, but once I'm done I think I'll probably put the game away for a while. There's some interesting ideas there, but there's also a lot of frustration.

One of the early things that killed it for me was when I was going for a Science Victory but I won a surprise Cultural Victory without even trying. I mean... what?

One of the early things that killed it for me was when I was going for a Science Victory but I won a surprise Cultural Victory without even trying. I mean... what?
You could have looked at the victory screen and seen what was happening. Not that hard.

You could have looked at the victory screen and seen what was happening. Not that hard.

It was one of my first game and I was trying just some features at a time. I didn't realize I could win a Cultural Victory without even trying. Sorry :rolleyes:

It is easy on lower levels. Just play on a higher level and it gets harder to win a culture victory (or if you eliminate most of your opposition)

I also quit and went back to Civ: BE. There is no challenge, tension, or suspense in 6. I play and the AI plays and the AI eventually wins. This needs a huge patch.

The AI wins.? Would the challenge you are looking for then not be to beat the AI?
I also quit and went back to Civ: BE. There is no challenge, tension, or suspense in 6. I play and the AI plays and the AI eventually wins. This needs a huge patch.
I am trying to forget that BE existed personally

Civ series was the last franchise I would buy one day 1, now I'm fully in the wait for 66-75% off sales and/or GOTY/Complete editions. Firaxis latest games Beyond Earth and X-Com 2 felt very uninspired and lacked support. ( X-com 2 only 3 patches and still seems a buggy mess ) That uninspired design has seeped into Civ 6 in most areas of the game.

Your going to be playing a never ending game of whack-a-mole trying to tell thousands of people how there is not really so many problems with this beta version of a game.

I've played 4 games, 3, then one after the patch. I'm never playing again till another patch. THE reason I don't buy EA or do Beta testing is exactly so I don't have to go through this nonsense.

No sentry (unbelievable); having to reassign spies/trade routes/building projects never endingly, and having to reassign the ONLY science & Culture project left, over and over (ludicrous). Brain-dead AI. You have to reassign trade deals, but, you never know when they have ended. Religion is just a mosh pit of units. Defending against warmongers labels you as a warmonger. Diplomacy means almost nothing.

Only Eloi consider this anything other than an EA version.

Top Bottom