Anyone else thought we would have got a new DLC?

I'd wager we'll see another patch before the Aztec release and then a DLC on the very day Aztecs are free for everyone. I'm quite happy that the patch included a new map. Given that there are only a few maps to choose from right now, I figured a map script / real maps package will be one of the first DLCs to arrive.

I was pretty much sure they'd release some sort of early DLC. Like a minor pack containing a few extra wonders and maps perhaps?

New civs will probably take a while longer (perhaps not until we get the first expansion?), but I wouldn't be surprised if they released that above mentioned "wonder pack" before 2016 is out.

I'm quite happy that the patch included a new map.

Meh... I'm not into MP so those two balanced maps will probably just collect dust on my copy of the game.. :)

I would've preferred one MP map and one single player map *type* .. like "Small Continents" or "Archipelago" ... although the latter is probably not even going to work with Civ VI and its districts-system .. :/

S.

I would've preferred one MP map and one single player map *type* .. like "Small Continents" or "Archipelago" ... although the latter is probably not even going to work with Civ VI and its districts-system .. :/

Something like 'Archipelago' can be played when you choose Island Plates and set sea level to 'high.' It's not too much fun for me though, since most islands seem to be < 6 hexes. It's not like CiV archipelago with its 1 and 2 hex islands, but for civvi, even 5 or 6 is very, very small.
I am missing small continents though.

I'm not sure about the wonders. I think wonders are/should be limited. So new wonders should arrive with new mechanics in the expansions or with new civs in the DLC. But this is just a personal preference.

We did get new DLC, basically. Two new maps and a new scenario were included.

I would say the DLC on St Nicholas' Day contains:

1. the Aztecs
2. the Inca (with something like adjacent Bonus for mountains)
3. the Pueblo or the Mississipians
4. Isabella of Castile for Spain (LA: Discovery of the New World: religious buildings and buildings in the city center on other continents could be bought with faith; new founded cities start with your religion; +1 movement for Medieval/Renaissance naval and shipped units; 50% chance to recruit defeated barbarians on other continents
5. Scenario about the Conquistation of the New World:rudolf:

1. the Aztecs
4. Isabella of Castile for Spain (LA: Discovery of the New World: religious buildings and buildings in the city center on other continents could be bought with faith; new founded cities start with your religion; +1 movement for Medieval/Renaissance naval and shipped units; 50% chance to recruit defeated barbarians on other continents

Loved the Inca in Civ 5...hope they are in. If they have a hill movement bonus for all units again it's going to be even more amazing. I'm not sure a Terrace Farm will matter as much now that housing is a cap and science works differently.

Kinda thought Poland would be in the first round of DLC.

1. the Aztecs

This seems very likely to me, except maybe the part about the Pueblo or Mississipians. Isabella of Spain with an exploration-based UA together with the Inca seems like a natural choice. I'd guess this DLC would also include a Terra map.

Kinda thought Poland would be in the first round of DLC.

Maybe in an Eastern Europe themed DLC together with the Ottomans?

Considering how accurate have the leaks been so far and the fact there are entries for two DLCs we are probably getting Poland and Isabella for Spain.

Poland for sure, as some of there stuff are already in the code. i.e. icons for the leader and units

Agree with the stellaris part. Don't agree the DLC milking money part, if you view it differently, publishing DLC is fulfilling the promise to the people who bought the deluxe version (and thus already paid for the DLC).

Aztecs are that big a deal to you guys? I don't like playing them nor do I like them next door. :) Stellaris being discussed in a civ thread really, :rolleyes: why play civ at all or carry on communications on a civ website saying civ isn't an in depth enough compared to Stellaris, okay play that instead.

Oranges and apples to me, space 4x game compared to a 4x Earth ground based game.

Stop the bickering guys over nothing, there is no comparisons Civ is Civ, if you like it cool. If not go bark about it some place else. :lol:

DLC already how can that be and why as someone stated would we want to be milked for more money now? I want the SDK Tools first not a DLC get realistic not ***** about nonsense that has no business being compared.

I'm strongly against any work on DLCs until the majority of community concludes that the base game is polished enough. I am pretty disappointed by the Firaxis feedback to community and their resource investment in polishing the game so far. I was full of understanding and stayed positive about the game but ESCaping from citizen management screen into menu is something i can't even understand for a game worth 60-80 $. I'm slowly spiraling into bitterness because of the small stuff about this game. I was a part of few major game communities, i didn't know Firaxis is so quiet and have absoulutely no communication with it's fan base. Do they even read the bug reports - i guess nobody knows because their PR is in a world of it's own. When they had their charity stream and their main developers come across the bug where you declare war on yourself, you could tell it's the first time the saw that, even though the community yapped about it for weeks before. /rant done.

Poland for sure, as some of there stuff are already in the code. i.e. icons for the leader and units

Oh, really? Is it Winged Hussars again?

I am going to take a conservative tack on this and predict 1 DLC will be Poland and 1 will be a map pack.

I think they will save Isabella for January 20th when the Aztecs are released for non-pre-ordered copies of the game.

I've been hoping they might release some more goodies along with The Aztecs. It would be bizarre for them to do anything before then.

If I remembered correctly, Mongolia, Babylon, Spain and Incas were available before 2011. I wonder which civs they will pick, other than Poland, this time.

Oh, really? Is it Winged Hussars again?

I am going to take a conservative tack on this and predict 1 DLC will be Poland and 1 will be a map pack.

I think they will save Isabella for January 20th when the Aztecs are released for non-pre-ordered copies of the game.

Some maps were added with the patch and there are achievements for two DLCs so I don't think this will be a map pack.

I've been hoping they might release some more goodies along with The Aztecs. It would be bizarre for them to do anything before then.

Why? This would be kinda stupid:
1. Christmas sale oportunity wasted.
2. Many people would be angry - especially the ones who bought Deluxe Edition.

Some maps were added with the patch and there are achievements for two DLCs so I don't think this will be a map pack.

Yeah, the people who bought Deluxe were supposed to get four DLCs, right?

I say that having bought the Deluxe Edition. I was expecting them to be working on patches at this point, and not to see any DLC at least until the Aztecs released. They haven't had all that much time to make the DLC at this point. I'd actually rather it take a few months before we see any if it means we get a meaty, well thought out addition to the game. I don't see anything to be angry about at this early stage. On the other hand, you have an excellent point about the holidays. I guess we'll see. One way or the other I don't expect to get The Aztecs before the given date; otherwise it wouldn't be fair to the people who pre-ordered the game.

Top Bottom