1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] April Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Leucarum

Leucarum Emperor

For sure, Canada's strength has always been the ability to pull off starts that would be much riskier than for other civs. Going scout > builder as Canada is not particularly risky unless you get very unlucky with barbarians.

2. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Emperor

Yeah, those Wiki guys are on the ball. :lol:

But re: Spain's fleets & armadas, just fire up Civ VI and look at the leader screen
    20210412185606_1.jpg

Hawke9, PiR, João III and 2 others like this.
  3. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

No, the Prasat didn't always provide Culture. With the free Tourism, Faith, and Culture from high Population Cities, the Khmer will be a truly great tall Civ.

Francel and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  4. Potworny

Potworny Warlord

Further fueling my Pratchett conspiracy, I've just noticed that 'Men at Arms' is a title of one of his novels :p
    To be serious, the big island on the TSL map is probably just a buff to Spain in the form of enlarging the Canaries.

nzcamel, FloodPlain, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  5. Buktu

Buktu Prince

Even landbased civs need a navy if they go for domination on naval maps. Even on continents they will need to cross oceans to win a dom game.
    Also this one unit might be a good one. If you gain around 10 Combat strenght on units that work with battering rams and siege towers you have a solid alternative to take down medival walls. Thats worth the 2 techs (you will need one later on in any game anyway) you need for this imo.

6. Duke William of Normandy

Thanks for the useful picture. Now we just need it for all the others... :p

Also, it appears that they got rid of the +2 Loyalty from Missions in the Civ Ability and moved it to the Mission itself. Thank goodness for that...

7. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Emperor

Yay!

Mapuche were my No.1 civ for rebalance. I'm glad it was featured in the first Apr update video. :clap:

8. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

If only Uberwald would be playable fraction I am in a hype train.

Stilgar08 likes this.
  9. Duke William of Normandy

Governor Titles will be a must for the Mapuche now. If you can get Victor in a conquered City, get the Embrasure Promotion, and build an Encampment with enough Buildings in it, you'll have an elite Army that will ravage your enemies.

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Well the Khevsur isn't a standalone unit any more, so I just assume the same. The difference is there isn't an universal light cavalry unit in the Modern Era, when the mountie comes.

I'm betting they come at military science where the Redcoats and Imperial Garde are already unlocked. :p

Part of me thinks that it used to be Armadas were unlocked at Nationalism? :dunno:

11. Hellenism Salesman

Hellenism Salesman Prince

This makes me hope that they will remove the extra food and science from Korea's CUA onto the Seowon, and give them an actual civ ability instead :mischief:

Also, maybe Korea will be interesting now? Gotta hope.

12. Luxerne

Luxerne Warlord

So does this mean that the Berserker, Khevsur, and Samurai will replace the Men-at-Arms, and the Garde Impériale and Redcoat will replace the Line Infantry?

13. Duke William of Normandy

Given that in the description of the Khevsur it says it replaces the Men-at-Arms, I would support that.

14. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Emperor

No, no. I'm pretty sure Spain had fleets & armadas with Mercantilism right from the start. Way back when.
    This is not new. (Perhaps overlooked or forgotten?)

15. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Personally, Military Tactics is the worst tech in the game. It's has a really restrictive Eureka as few civs actively want Spearmen and it's out of line with all of the other military techs. Assuming there isn't a change from the current tech tree, and I don't think there will be, I will just straight up say that putting a new melee unit in Military Tactics is actually just making the game worse regardless of what other benefits the unit has.

16. Duke William of Normandy

Although this now makes me wonder why Kevin emphasized the earlier Armadas and Fleets.

17. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Correct, they have always had both from Mercantilism because naval combat in the game is basically an afterthought.

He probably just misspoke.

nzcamel and blackbutterfly like this.
  18. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

Welp, considering how big this patch is going to be, I'd rather change it now than save everything for later :D

I hope they fix the quirks with Lautaro's ability. It actually doesn't consider the position of the killed unit, but the position of the Mapuche unit after the killing. Since melee units always displace killed units, this doesn't really matter, but for ranged, ranged Mapuche units actually need to stand inside enemy's borders for the negative Loyalty to apply. Weirdly enough, if a Mapuche ranged unit standing inside enemy's territory kill a unit, regardless of where this unit stands, the negative Loyalty applies.

19. Francel

Francel Madam Secretary

It's been said already, but... Khmer.

They look much, much improved and lots of fun to play now. They were one of my favorite civs before, but I couldn't get past some of their glaring weakness, like the fact it was hard to put a holy site next to a river and get a decent adjacency bonus.

More importantly, there is now a reason to want populous cities.

Prasat looks strong too, especially with feed the world or choral music.

Well done.:goodjob:

Caprikel, PiR, Vargas1 and 6 others like this.
  20. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Interesting. Looking back at the first look video they only say that Fleets are unlocked with Mercantilism, and say nothing about armadas. :crazyeye: