1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] April Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Prince

will they trickle the updates little by little every few days till release date?
    will they create an atlantis themed season?
    will they fix even more bugs than they create?

i love how excited Rony is in their videos, you definitely get good vibes from there

2. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Not too keen on an Atlantis thing, but after all the other euro-centric fantasy like the Bermuda triangle and Secret Societies, I could see it happening.

I think a second season is extremely likely at this point.

Haig likes this.
  3. CromulentRomulan

CromulentRomulan Chieftain

Hi, appreciate the informed speculation on what is possible to add.
    Does this mean that any CUA/LUAs are likely to remain but just in a tuned up fashion?

4. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Not really in my opinion. It's probably not going to be a steady source of faith since it requires enemy units in pretty decent numbers which the AI can't always do. Plus, Georgia doesn't have any direct bonuses to winning a religious game.

5. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Very likely, given the information presented.

6. slavaskii

slavaskii Chieftain

The more I keep rewatching this video, the more I'm convinced Poland is in for a massive rework as well. I was skeptical at first about whether or not they'd modify the stand-alone DLC civs, but Khmer answered that question and also became better than Poland in every way. Poland gets double adjacency from districts (woo hoo?); Khmer now gets MAJOR ADJACENCY from certain tiles. Ridiculously good. Plus, faith from population is just such a huge thing, considering Khmer will always have massive cities. I just feel like getting a religious victory with Poland is too much work, considering how easy it is now for the others.

I'm thinking either Poland gets a ton of bonuses for relics or goes in an entirely different direction with the UB, UU, and Civ Ability. I kinda feel like it would be easier to just make relics super powerful now (as otherwise the entire civ would probably need a serious rework), but I would really appreciate if more emphasis was placed on production and gold. The UB should honestly just be a UD (buildings are by far the worst, especially when not discounted, like Poland's), and I would think the best thing would be to give them some bonus towards pastures, like Civ V Russia. Whereas Khmer is the food+faith civ, have Poland be the production/military+faith civ.

The biggest problem I honestly have with Poland right now is that faith+military is clearly covered by Byzantium, and faith+production can be easily done with Russia. When you really look at their bonuses, they're all 'decent', but they're an absolute mess together. Love playing them, but it could be a lot better.

7. CromulentRomulan

The featured Civ updates look good. If all the remaining Civ changes are of that calibre I'll be really happy with this update. If these Civ changes are the most extensive and the rest are minor tweaks I think I'll be less enthused. I'd have way preferred changes to religious victory than 3 new unit types.

8. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly Emperor

Why did Kevin say Spain "can now form fleets and armadas with Mercantilism". (Didn't they always have that?!) :rolleyes:

See -> Spanish (Civ6) | Civilization Wiki | Fandom

Pfeffersack likes this.
  9. kotpeter

kotpeter Warlord

A second season is very likely, and here's why:
    • There's still room for improvements and stabilization in the game, so why not sell something along those tweaks
    • Some key figures (leaders, civs, world wonders) are still missing from the game. I'd love to see Napoleon added to the game.
    • Fans want more :)

Haig and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  10. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

All good changes. I especially like how after the changes, these civs still retain their main theme and playstyle, or even have a more defined playstyle (Tall Khmer, Wide Spain, Tundra Canada).

Khmer's old issue of lacking of production can be partly solved by high adjacency HS with Work Ethic as well.

Spain's Mercantilism Armada is still not early enough though, it would be better to have it one more Civic earlier - or when Spain is able to put their "early" Armada into action, it is already Industrial Era. (Other parts of Spain's tool box will be active in Renaissance, one Era earlier.)

11. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Maybe the Atlantis bit is a joke hinting at a future fantasy related title, and there will be no Atlantis on the icon when the patch comes out.

Or more likely it's an element of randomness in the map script, with an option to generate an extra small continent somewhere in the Atlantic, Indian or Pacific Ocean.

I think he was just reading the whole thing. Also that page seems to have been updated shortly after the video released.

12. Duke William of Normandy

That doesn't really help considering the wiki was already updated. :p

raen and AntSou like this.
  13. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

The last thing the game needs is another French leader.

Wellfooled, Hawke9, Datgingah and 4 others like this.
  14. kryat

kryat King

Probably just reading the whole entry. Interestingly, the wiki has already been updated for the new ability, even though that is not accurate for any normal person’s game yet, but you can find the old ability in the history.

15. CromulentRomulan

I'd love to see Poland get a rework. I kind of think that Khmer losing the marty missionaries means some other Civ may potentially gain it. The Sukiennice abilities could just perhaps be bundled into the Civ ability (Poland is like the only trade bonus Civ that has to build something to unlock the bonus), but given what's been detailed about how easy it is to change Civ abilities maybe that wont happen. I'd like Poland to get the Khmer's old ability, flavour wise it makes most sense of available candidates.

Bit disappointed that Kongo weren't alighted on in the video. They feel like a Civ which remains pretty strong but which has suffered a lot the more central faith became to the game post GS

16. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

I have been saying for years that the devs would likely save returning leaders for absolute late-cycle content. Because everyone and their mom would buy a Napoleon or Washington DLC.

17. James_Champagne

James_Champagne Warlord

TBH I almost cheered out loud when that was announced, ha ha...

18. Duke William of Normandy

That's actually a good idea.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  19. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Great to see Carl in a role that doesn't diminish him into comic relief <3 I really enjoyed that vid, loads of exciting changes by an excitable group of people who believe in their product.

As for the changes, no complaints towards buffing weaker Civs, all of these changes are net improvements. Even the ones not mentioned (did the Prasat always provide Culture?) seem pretty good. I like that nothing has been nerfed, but hope that nothing has been nerfed by the power creep.

Hopefully they can keep making tweaks for the benefit of challenge, game balance, etc. :thumbsup:

20. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

If people are reading into the extra continent, I'm pretty sure it's just an Easter egg on the icon alone.