1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] April Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Apr 12, 2021.

1. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Ah I missed that, you are correct! Guess I'm less concerned. Like the Mapuche and Khmer, Spain got a pretty clear buff and I'm totally okay with it.

2. KingPiggyXXI

KingPiggyXXI Chieftain

To add on some more things, mostly from things other than the Civilization and Leader Abilities:
    Phillip's El Escorial Combat Strength bonus is upped from +4 to +5.
    The Spanish Conquistador gets +10 Combat Strength from any religious unit within 1 tile (before, the unit had to be on the same tile)
    The Khmer Prasat has been overhauled - instead of having an extra Relic Slot and Martyr Missionaries, it has 6 faith, +.5 Culture per population. When Flight is research, it also gives +10 Tourism if the population is higher than 10, and +20 Tourism if it's higher than 20.
    The Chemamull has an extra 1 Production.
    Canada gets some hefty changes, you might want to add that in as well.

3. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

I knew that something was off with Philip II's Ability and the Conquistador, I just couldn't lay my finger on it. Those, while not significant boosts, can be helpful in certain situations.

4. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

More from Kevin:

Kevin confirms final means final!

Also:

Dude is shrugging. Kevin confirms he does not know if final means final!

nzcamel, Jkchart, PiR and 13 others like this.
  5. Duke William of Normandy

I am both proud and angry at Kevin for mastering the art of trolling.

nzcamel, Bosque, Jkchart and 14 others like this.
  6. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Removing one of the only relic bonuses in the game feels like making room for Burma. Unless they retooled Poland to have more relic slots (which I really hope they didn't).

Canada's changes feel like the devs are pretty definitively not going to add another tundra civ any time soon...unless maybe we get one with naval bonuses perhaps.

7. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

I just caught that I missed Canada myself. I was focused on the CAs and LAs, but I'll try to edit the other changes in. Hopefully the formatting won't get messed up again.

8. Unmitigated Gaul

Unmitigated Gaul Chieftain

I think the Georgia change is a big improvement. Declaring a protectorate war and not participating was cheesy and situational, but when it clicked it was way too strong.

Additionally an early barb camp clear will hbe a major boost towards a pantheon.

Now it’s more active and you have to actually defend the city state or ally or prosecute war otherwise to get the faith bonus.

Looking at the bonuses to Khmer and Georgia, I am really excited to see what they do with India which will need some big boosts to keep up.

Italy/Venice/Genoa whatever would be a great choice to emphasize relics if they do a second pass...

AriaLyric and PhoenicianGold like this.
  9. Duke William of Normandy

Why would Italy and Genoa have any Abilities that relate to Relics? If anyone can enlighten me, I would appreciate it. :D

Venice would only get a Relic Bonus because of the Sack of Constantinople, IMO.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  10. DefiantMars

DefiantMars King

I like that the change increases the ease of getting a pantheon for Georgia, but that still doesn't help Tamar get a proper religion. Also somewhat annoyed that the Tsikhe are still Renaissance Walls, but hopefully there are other subsidiary changes that help Georgia out.

I agree that I would like to see India and its leaders get some help too. If Khmer's farms alone are going to get boosted by Aqueducts and Holy Sites, I would hope that the Stepwell gets changed somehow. I still think getting Gandhi into a diplomacy subtheme and giving Chandragupta a very minor domestic effect would be nice.

11. Buktu

Buktu Prince

You mean even better. We already have Holy Sites, Theater Squares and Entertainment Complexes to boost our appel (districtwise) in the early game. Also chopping of marsh/rainforrest and building wonders.
    Preserves dont feel like you want to put UIs next to them since you will lose their buildings yields.

12. King William I

King William I King

Uh... Shroud of Turin?

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  13. Duke William of Normandy

Let me clarify myself: Why would Italy have an Ability that correlates with Relics?

14. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

With the recent Monarchy changes, and Georgia gaining a little boost to wall production, it's not too too hard to push to the final wall level, so I don't mind that part of them. Definitely curious to see if they plan any other wall changes, especially with a new siege unit coming, but I think that was a lesser concern than their other bonuses being challenging to max out.

Given the extent of the changes, I have to assume that stuff like the Stepwell will gain some significant boosts. I think I'd ideally like to see it gain an amenity boost like Cahokia Mounds yield - if your first stepwell in each city gave them +1 amenity, with a second +1 later in the tech tree, that would help a lot. Otherwise, it probably only need another couple yield points over time. But given how much they seem to be tackling all the other civs that people complain about, I have to think they'll give it something else.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  15. Unmitigated Gaul

Unmitigated Gaul Chieftain

Renaissance Italy was obsessed with relics.

I think you could theme some really cool bonuses for Italy with Relics.

My pick would be giving them a spy mission by which they could steal relics and increasing GP points in cities with relics.

16. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Glad I got a relics game in with the Khmer a while back. It was fun but gimmicky, wouldn't do another one. Now looking forward to a game with the revised abilities at some point.

I look forward to spins with the other buffed civs as well.

As much as I'd happily pay for new content, it will be at least 6 months if not a year before I feel like I've tried everything I want to try. Longer if I, say, try to fill up my HOF or complete all achievements.

And/or 2K won't give them a firm answer or keeps saying 'no', and Firaxis management doesn't want to risk any trouble with them while still pushing for a green light.

17. BD123

BD123 Chieftain

Idk about Italy revolving relics... I'd think they'd be more culture oriented with regards to Great Artists or Great Musicians. But then again I don't really associate Poland or the Khmer with relics, much less the Khmer suicide-charging missionaries for them.

Anyways, love the new changes to my main civ Spain. The buffed trade routes don't step too much on Portugal's toes, and synergize with Spain's new +25% production towards districts so you can quickly establish base infrastructure in your cities. They actually have a tangible reason to settling new continents now whereas before it was "here's some gold that doesn't scale."

Hope France gets a work over too. Maybe China's inspiration and eurekas from wonders should've gone to them, but I understand that it works with China and Qin Shi Huang's abilities more cleanly. Lol what if they forget to update the Garde Imperiale like that one other time?

My current hopes are that they give Brazil the rainforest adjacency to the Industrial Zone bc would it really put them over the top (no), and to finally do something about Korea's abysmal design. Like maybe Seowons give a flat +2 science, with adjacency increasing by +1 for every governor promotion in the city or something? Seondeok was always supposed to be a governor oriented leader anyways, and and with the right combo of cards and promotion funneling you can still get big Seowon yields...

18. EarendilTheMariner

EarendilTheMariner Chieftain

All of this intentional confusion around final makes me think that there is something more coming, but it has a theme around confusion. Rework for Diplomacy confirmed.

19. Duke William of Normandy

I have to say this: They said that the April Update would be amazing, and they delivered hard.

Haig, Jkchart, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

They're really going to like Hic Sunt Dracones golden age aren't they

Josephias, Kjimmet, AntSou and 2 others like this.