1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] April Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Apr 12, 2021.

1. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Unless it goes back in time and fixes the constant crashing issues on consoles, not really. So far, only the Khmer changes have given me any inclination to try them out. Haven't played as Canada or Mapuche yet and I still have no strong desire to do so with their changes. If the Men-at-Arms unit is unlocked with Military Tactics then that will probably guarantee it will be a while before I touch the game again for a couple of more months at least.

Their main change is faith from kills which is kind of boring and doesn't really play into their strengths. I like doing diplo victories as Georgia so that ability plays against doing that unless you or an ally at war and even then there is nothing to spend the faith on that's unique to Georgia. Maybe you will get a Great Person a turn or two sooner but that isn't that interesting.

João III likes this.
  2. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Victoria now leads Scotland after the free update. :lol:
    I meant remove his whole ability and change it up like you said to reconquest.

Honestly they are now one of the more interesting civs to me after all these changes. Never though I would say that.

Maybe all that faith could be used for a religious victory too? :mischief:
    I don't think the idea behind it is for necessarily declaring war, but if you get declared war upon, as most of the other abilities of Georgia are defensive in nature.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  3. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

I knew that. Just wanted to make a cheesy joke. :p

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  4. mrwho

mrwho Prince

Great update, can't wait to see the patch notes.

Three new units is very generous, and I'm intrigued to see how combat has been balanced out. New civ buffs are really exciting too. Georgia buff seems a bit underwhelming I think unless I'm missing something? But I'll be playing them anyway just because Geogia's theme is beautiful and I'll take any excuse to finally get a win with them.

Based on previous precedent, anyone know when we'll get patch notes? Day of release?

5. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Always day of release.

nzcamel, Kjimmet, mrwho and 1 other person like this.
  6. JerseyTed

JerseyTed Chieftain

A lot of really good stuff in here that I'd be excited for if not for the fact the last update pretty much rendered the game unplayable on PS4.

7. Abaxial

Abaxial King

Since I always play with the Warfare Expanded mod, I already have these extra units and others as well, but it is right to add them to the base game. Still nothing on finishing Worldbuilder.

8housesofelixir likes this.
  8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I guess I'm looking at the recent changes as a whole--monarchy changes really makes them interesting.

Faith from kills sets up chance for a super early pantheon though.

9. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

I'm hoping that this means that European civs will be spread out enough to not have loyalty issues from the get-go. I'm tired of mandating which civs get to play if I ever want to play TSL Earth with a European civ - 4 of us ended up in Europe last time, meaning we caused each other to go into rebellion in 20 turns or something. I'm guessing the other 4 had entire continents ti themselves. Maybe with a larger map, the Europeans will have more space. Alternatively, they may ramp up how many start there...

PiR and Duke William of Normandy like this.
  10. kryat

kryat King

Very probable candidates in the Mediterranean map:
    Portugal, Spain, France, Gaul, Rome, Greece, Macedon, Hungary, Georgia, Byzantium, Ottoman, Phoenicia!, Egypt, Nubia

Possible others:
    Arabia, Germany, Babylon, Poland, Netherlands, Mali, Persia

11. Jkchart

Jkchart Emperor

My biggest question is for the new 3 units, will Unique Units be updated to properly be on their upgrade lines for these?
    - Will Khmer Domrey become a trebuchet replacement?
    - Will Redcoat and Garde Imperial become Line Infantry replacement?
    - Most importantly, will Samurai, Khevsur, Berserker become Men at Arms replacements? (Seriously this would make them so much more useful)

12. Duke William of Normandy

1: Reading the description, yes, the Domrey will replace the Trebuchet.
    3: The Khevsur, in the description, will replace the Men at Arms. Not so sure about the rest, though.

Banazir864, Meluhhan and Jkchart like this.
  13. Hellenism Salesman

Hellenism Salesman Prince

Yes! (to two of those)

upload_2021-4-12_12-10-36.png upload_2021-4-12_12-11-1.png

Attached Files:

Babri, DefiantMars, Hawke9 and 9 others like this.
  14. kryat

kryat King

@Cerilis

Yes, I definitely want a zoom and enhance on whatever that is off the western coast of Africa

upload_2021-4-12_12-11-4.png

15. Alexander's Hetaroi

Considering Arabia also starts in Egypt I think it's likely. If Persia and Babylon does surely Sumeria too. I think Germany, Netherlands, Gaul, and France might be too far north and Mali too far south.

16. Duke William of Normandy

Antarctica migrating?

17. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I'm very pleased with the added new units, but like I've said before (having played with the Steel and Thunder mod for ages, that basically does exactly this), they are a bit of a two-edged sword: It's nice to have the gaps filled, but they also cause a severe balance problem for civs that start without access to that respective resource. Have you ever tried to start without Iron and face a Swordsmen rush? Well, try imagining how it goes once those Swordsmen get upgraded to Men At Arms for an additional +10 combat strength. Similarly, ever suffered from a Musketman rush while having no Niter of your own? Well, look forward to holding your ground against Line Infantry. On the positive side, I guess this will actually give people some incentive to build those medieval and renaissance walls.

18. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

What about Toa for Maori? Will it upgrade to men-at-arms? Or will it be men-at-arms replacement?

Jkchart likes this.
  19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Toa is already a Swordsman replacement. Most likely it will upgrade into Men-At -Arms.

20. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I’m chuffed with the trebuchet and line infantry... kind of wish we had another couple of naval units, as the gaps there are much worse than on land. But still, more than I was expecting!

TSL Mediterranean and Huge Earth maps are very welcome.

For the civ balance changes, I’d like to see the full patch notes.