1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] April Update Video

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Apr 12, 2021.

1. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

I'm kinda sad that Khmer can generate Relics at a blazing speed anymore. The Prasat looks a lot better, but also more passive.

nzcamel, Meluhhan, Weraptor and 6 others like this.
  2. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Is everyone overlooking the Huge TSL Earth Map now? Like, wasn't this one of the most requested things for Civ 6?

3. TeddyMain

TeddyMain Warlord

Ok but where's my Velociraptor Earth Map, Firaxis?

Gorbles, AsH2, nzcamel and 21 others like this.
  4. 7daysofwar

7daysofwar Chieftain

To be honest, seeing the line "Combat victories provide faith equal to 50% of the combat strength of the defeated unit (on standard speed)" makes me at least believe that first they remove those stupid casus belli related abilities and second that Gorgo's ability will probarly scale better with different gamespeeds.

5. Socrates-

Socrates- Warlord

Cool! Both the new units & maps sound great!

Also: anyone willing to come up with a meaning for the pin Kevin has on his shirt? ;)

Meluhhan, PiR, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  6. Vargas1

Vargas1 Prince

I'm super excited for the Khmer changes. It will be sad to lose the Prasat relics from missionaries, but it seems like it should be easily replaceable - with massive cities around rivers there surely will be a spot for Mont St. Michel (and the production to build it), and there will be plenty of faith to buy and burn apostles.

7. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

I've updated the features thread with all the new info, I think I got everything, if I missed something please let me know

Wolffleet, Depravo, Park Hyun and 2 others like this.
  8. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Too small. :p
    A T-Rex map would be bigger. :lol:

AsH2, nzcamel, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  9. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

No it's not, they clearly emphasised end of the Season, which implies another one.

I don't like taking unique things away for another adjaceny boost, guess I need to get a game in before the patch drops!

10. Buktu

Buktu Prince

If you want to upgrade your swordsmen any further you will need to unlock this tech at some point anyway. Afaik you can't upgrade spearmen to pike and shots if you are missing the pikemen tech. Also we dont know where Trebuchets will appear or if things get switched around.

nzcamel likes this.
  11. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

AsH2, nzcamel and Kupe Navigator like this.
  12. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'm happy for the people who want it, but I always do random maps so I was more interested in the other changes.

13. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Given the fact that they've used "final game update" and "final free update" recently it seems like they simply don't want to publicly say one way or the other.

PiR, Eagle Pursuit, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I get what you're saying, but everything seems to fit together a bit better now.

15. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I think Cyrus could keep the cases belli bonus, being the best iteration of it. That said, it's not a particularly thematic ability for Cyrus, historically.

nzcamel, Hawke9, AriaLyric and 5 others like this.
  16. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Unless there was a change I missed you can skip upgrades and go from a Spearman to a Pike and Shoot without getting the Pikeman tech.

17. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Now that got me thinking. What if they took that away because they are going to give that ability to another civ in a second season? I mean they took away the British Museum and gave a similar bonus to Sweden. :mischief:

I'd assume Trebuchet woud come at Military Engineering. At least that's when the Domrey is unlocked, and the Domrey replaces it now.

18. Leucarum

Leucarum Emperor

I am sufficiently whelmed by the changes. Not over, not under, just right.

Spain looks like they got a pretty nice boost, if somewhat map dependant. Never gonna say no to free builders and better trade routes. Terra is gonna be one of their favourite maps.

Khmer got a big buff. Feels like maybe more than was needed? They were gimmicky but not awful before.

Canada is gonna be very builder dependant so it doesn't really help their issue of often getting slow starts but tundra tiles are now gonna be pretty good once they're up and running. The mountie changes are welcome now that naturalists are cheaper.

Mapuche and Georgia I think I'll need to play to judge. I didn't expect firaxis to double down on the loyalty angle for Mapuche, and Georgia looks nicely boosted but will need to see where the men at arms slot in to fully know.

China... Gets a pretty good buff. I like the theme but don't know if China really needed it.

nzcamel, Wellfooled, Depravo and 3 others like this.
  19. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

IT'S A WHALE! JUST LIKE UNDER THE MUG SOME UPDATE VIDEOS AGO! IT'S A SIGN!

20. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Emperor

I wonder how Australia would change if they are getting rid of casus belli abilities.