ARCHAEOLOGIST seems dull

Well, they may not know for sure, but if they some dude in a sable fedora walking through your yard, prolly a good idea to cap him on general purposes.

If you're feeling generous, maybe you can return him. "Looks like your dog wandered onto my property. Glad I caught him before he started digging up my garden. Don't let it happen again."

I don't think it's a good idea to capture an archaeologist. They tend to steal uniforms and vehicles and set castles on fire.

What if archaeologists become the new Great Prophets in that they wander into your land, run amok, and u cant do anything to tell the AI not to do that unless you go to war?

What if archaeologists become the new Great Prophets in that they wander into your land, run amok, and u cant do anything to tell the AI not to do that unless you go to war?

If you know where the archaeological sites are, sit a unit on top of it until you can get your own archaeologist over to it.

I think it's been stated that Antiquity Sites don't appear until Archaeology; I'm not suggesting this isn't so. I'm suggesting that if Archaeologists do unlock with University, then perhaps they have an additional function. Even if it's only scouting.

Unlock with University or unlock with Education?

It's true that the more Missionary/Great Prophet/Archaeologist type units the game has, the more problematic it becomes when you can't cancel an Open Borders agreement without declaring war.

Even more problematic when the AI can demand that you stop such activities, but you can't do the same.

Unlock with University or unlock with Education?
The source said "University", so something's not right there. Thanks for pointing that out.

Archaeologist is scout upgrade :p?

The source said "University", so something's not right there. Thanks for pointing that out.

Maybe it's a unit with a required building (in which case they could still unlock at Archaeology). Unique, I know, but not impossible.

Maybe it's a unit with a required building (in which case they could still unlock at Archaeology). Unique, I know, but not impossible.

I think that's it. Becomes available with Archaeology, but you can only build it in a city with a University, just like you can only build ships in a coastal city.

I think that's it. Becomes available with Archaeology, but you can only build it in a city with a University, just like you can only build ships in a coastal city.

This is my understanding of it.

What about maritime archaeology? Where divers look for ancient treasures in ships that sunk a long time ago. Or something simular!

Do you think they'll include something like that?

I don't expect them to, but it would be cool.

Top Bottom