Archive - DemoGame RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Kault
Thanks for your second, Disorganizer. It's always comforting to have the support of a diety.

Let me tell you a little bit of history, and what I'm willing to do to help. I got involved with Traveller, a sci-fi RPG back in 1977. After GM-ing, running tourneys, playtesting for GDW and FASA and designing scenarios, I got involved with Task Force Games, and designed a couple of card games for them in the pre-Magic days, as well as proofing, testing and changing rules in Star Fleet Battles. I have goodly experience in developing logical rule sets.

While I realize that this forum is a more of a Linux mindset than a Wintel one, I would prefer to design the ruleset (with stepped implementation), and bring it to a quick vote for test implementation. Designing this by committee would likely take longer and be less efficient. That is not to say that I am an autocrat. While I would certainly post the rules in progress and debate the points & suggestions, I think it best that one person draft the rules. I believe that having a lead designer would expedite implementation of a test, as variables will need to be be tested and refined as Kal-El is doing in DYP.

I am willing to design the ruleset. What I would like before I begin is for someone of authority to post a poll on this subject. If more people prefer the method this thread has been discussing for the last month, I will not waste my time. If people like my concept better, then I will begin to flesh out my initial proposals.

I do agree that we will need web/database tools for final implementation, but I believe we could run a couple of tests on the honor system. After all, only the very insecure would fudge their numbers on a playtest. We should run tests in each era, and can load any game we like to run those tests.

I await guidance.

Actually I don't think a poll is needed. Most people will say yes without even reading it. Also it will take out more time which we are limited too. We are meaning to get the first version out by the start of the new game, but we got backtracked with the bank standard and it is going slow right now. If you are willing to design the ruleset I will be happy to add you to are team. I was trying to design some rules, but I lack the knowledge to do it. Also I forgot about it and it got lost somewhere on my computer.

Well, after much brain racking, the little voice inside my head and I have come up with the FINAL standard for the RPG.
*dadadadadadadummmmm*

10GPT standard pay

+5 for pres

+4 for Leader and Vice Pres

+3 for Deputies, chatreps and govonors

+2 for non-goverment poistions(IE: Citizen regisry, Citizen Honors)

+2 for Honored Citizens

+1 for mayors and other low goverment poistions.

This, of course, will be in effect for the second game. But a small pension will be for people from this game.

Pension: for this game
Using the previously stated gpt chart, find how many GPT you would make for this game. Take this and tripple it. For one turn, place this in your bank.
NOTE: This is only for people who would have earned more then 10gpt.

I know I made it up, but what is a low goverment poistion?

isnt the standard payment much too high? nobody would work for this little extra... :-((
it would be like in germany with social welfare where many ppl just dont want to work because they would earn less than they get from the welfare...

Originally posted by disorganizer
isnt the standard payment much too high? nobody would work for this little extra... :-((
it would be like in germany with social welfare where many ppl just dont want to work because they would earn less than they get from the welfare...
I would. Well...I'd obviously do it without any pay as I did the last 5 terms ;). But we're talking a pay increase of 30% to 50% for officials. That's a pretty good incentive IMHO.

btw:
citizen censues etc will be government positions next term, but only low governmental positions...

i still hope someone comes up with an acceptance poll proposal for all appointed officials (offices, mayors etc.)

that means a person with more than one citizen honors would get an extra +2 gold. for a person like me i would get 18 gpt. \

10 standard

3 for deputy position

4 for citizen honors (I have 2)

and 1 for mayor (I am Mayor of Civanatoria)

what about the rank of the honour? will a citizen with the 1st rank get the same money than one with the 4th?
will the money be added when having multiple positions?

Just a quick note to let you know that I am in the process of laying out the ruleset as discussed recently. I will post a preliminary for comments when it is presentable.

well,
for one thing, we are going to be creating new honors. people with addons will get an extra, say 1gpt?
Oakleaves, Swords and Diamonds (i just coppied that directly) would get an extra 2gpt (that is the top honor, rite?)
What ruleset are you talking about, Kault?

Kault is making the rules for us. Also stuck the highest one is golden oakleaves, swords and diamonds.

It's going to be named by the president. So it's going to be another name.

@stuck: golden oakleaves, swords and diamonds ;-)
btw: when do you get rid of your mac ;-P

and another:
did you notice the ranks of our honour system perectly match the german nation we will propably take? they were derived from german honour system ;-)

another point:
we have offices with a head and helpers. the head has much more work as he is maintaining the thread of the office and has the responsibility.
he should get more money than the helpers.
also, the head of an office should get less money than a mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom