Archive - DemoGame RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
CT is still designing the website I believe. Maybe we can get her to have a page and possible do it.

I only had 477 posts when I started this thread 2 days ago. Look at my posts now!!!

Edit:This thread is now 6 pages long a 100 posts!!!!(default thread view)

Rather than have the banker have to go through the registry and determine each citizens income, it should fall upon each citizen that wishes to do this to inlcude this information in their registry post. Then all the banker(s) has to do is go through and make sure they did it right. The banker will have enought responsibility once people start buying things with hard cash rather than gold per turn. The registry will contain all possessions of a citizen and the amount of gpt they pay for each if it is paid for in gpt.

the banker could use excel to calculate the account balances after each turn-chat. he would not have to look thru the registry, as all changes will be in the banking thread.
all gpt earnin-changes are:
a) transactions between citizens
b) position-related and so only to be changed once a term

I've got a favor to ask of whoever wants to do it. Can someone please read through this thread gather up some of the simple good idea's and sum them up into a what we could use for the starting idea. Once this is up and the current poll over (and accepted) I will post the voulanteer thread. We can discuss the summary for the ? days after we get a good idea of how it's going to be like he official poll will be posted for 3 days. If it is accepted we could pick a ? amount of people for a beta test and if that works out it will be started in Term 5.

@eyrei:
here is an example excel 2000 file (did not have time to do in access, but this should give you an idea)

the blue fields are automatically filled.
you enter a "starting balance", for example at the beginning all will have 0, at the end of the month a new file is generated and all have there the balance at the moment.
then you enter the gpt the citizen earns this term (fixed for whole turn! if he quits a job he gets nothing for his job for the term). you also enter the deduction in gpt (for example for housing). the gpt net is automatically calculated.
you also enter the number of turns played till now with this gpt-values.
you then add one account moovement after each other from left to right (like +10,-5,+15,...) for the payings.
from these values, the updated balance is calculated (start+gptnet*turns+moovments).
if a new term starts, you just mark the whole "balance" column, copy it to the clipboard and start a new file (you should have a empty one ready) or maybe even just copy an empty table in the same file, then you "paste only values" the balances to the "starting balance" column and restart ;-)

this must of course be tweaked, but u see its possible to do. it should nevertheless be done by the banker, cause he will have to work with it.

About salary, what about those who are unemployed? Do they get welfare of say 10gpt?

5gpt i think we said. like every citizen get 5 gpt. if they cant afford living any more, they are brought to the slums of fox's nest.

i think someone should really read thru this and post a summary!

As I see everyone seems to like the idea I will post the offcial poll in the poll sub-forum. I'll update this post to include a link once it is posted. If that poll is a accepted a voulanteer thread will be posted. If we get enough voulanteers we will start getting it ready for Term 5.

Link:DemoGame RPG Poll

People need to be able to live wherever they wish. Even if "salary" doesn't give anything else, it has to pay living expenses in any city. Our Constitution guarantees each citizen the right to live anywhere in Phoenatica.

where is this guaranteed?
comare it to real life: i cant afford living where i want, so i live where i can afford it.

Shaitan has a very good point, Dis. You might want to work out a provision in your real estate plan to allow this.

one addition could be: public housing for 1gpt in every city. the citizen can choose where to live in the beginning. so all citizens will be able to save 4gpt for travel to a new home.
this for example will cost 1 gold per square, so it will be maybe 100-200 gold. in 50 turns (=5chats=2weeks) waiting, all citizens can afford the travel and move if they like.
the only problem could be mayors setting the taxes too high.
the roleplay should reflect rl, so we should not bee too "nice".

I'm not sure about the 100g -200g part, but yes, government housing in each city would be a move in the right direction. This would allow a quick move and permit the citizen to live in the city of their choice, while building their account to buy or rent a new home.

Out of the current topic but anyway:

If the game works out ok and progress's maybe we could include the goverment in this money crap. Each department gets a ? amoun of money which then they pay their deputy & chat rep with part of that money. What's left over they department can save or we can come up with some other stuff they could use it on.

strider: right. and also the citizen groups. but start slow.

shaitan: so thats what they get 5gpt for. if they save it, they could buy a tile of land sometimes. like in real live.
nobody said that the public housing is SO bad. its just in the city-centre and they get no onw tile.

btw: the congress here is a virtual congess with electronic voting and without being forced to be on the discussion all the time. so its no "real job". the congressmen in rl have to be somewhere and have a working day. so they maybe get more money. no question that they maybe get too much in rl.
our "all citizen congress" is more like the "virtual democracy" in ctp2. a kind of congress implemented nowhere (no. wait! i think its swiss who kind of have this implemented, as all mayor decisisons there must be held as citizen-poll).

another point is that citizen goups may also pay ppl.
like for example the stp may pay the "leader of the southern devision" a salary for being the STG-representative. the group can get money to do so from charging their members gpt-fees for membership. this will also encourage founding more citizen groups being in competition with each other. also local taxes will highly influence who moves into which city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom