Arckons Next 24Civ Pitboss game; details and discussion here

checked CivStats and saw something interesting; its a brand new game and DanDRidge is STILL at the top of the civ list!

What have we got to do to drop that guy below the median score? Not even a new restart does it!

lol, seriously though, I have no idea why he has an extra 20 VPs.

Couldd DanDridge post his score breakdown? That will make it easier to find the cause of his higher score.

For me, and I think everyone with 147 points, the breakdown gives:
15 from population
0 from land
112 from technology
20 from wonders

Oh.. Germany is played by AI?? I'd like to take it instead of Aztecs. Would that be possible?

While I dont have a problem with that, lets hear from some otherplayers too first before switching, ok?

Before switching, you would have to rename the old Aztec leader so it makes sense to people.

is the game online already? I can only get to the leader screen which then is unfortunately empty. The trial version yesterday worked fine tho ...

Since we have had such a turbulent start/1st turn, I wont turn things to AI till tomorrow morning.

Weird. I logged in and did my first turn without a problem earlier.

I can't seem to select my civ. I think this has something to do with port selection.

The port is set for UDP 2056...not sure what the problem is so I'll reboot and you guys try again.

If no one can connect, Monday night (EST USA) I'll reload the save from tonight and see what we can do to fix it.

Weird. I logged in and did my first turn without a problem earlier.

Maltman, can you try to log in now?

I can log in, so I'm wondering if anyone else can too.

Gotta go to bed; will check back in about 7 hours.

Just a question regarding loading the mod. Is there a quicker way than launching game then going to advanced then loading a mod.
with saved games I just run the saved game from windows but with pitboss is there a quicker way without dual launch?

You can load the mod at startup by starting the game with the following parameter:

Civ4Warlords.exe mod= Earth24

Take care about the space character after the "="

@Arckon: Please put this information to the first post since it might concerns everybody of you guys :)

I am having the leaderless screen at the moment.

Over the weekend I couldnt connect either with a differenet problem. Could I have some help with this. I have played a couple of single player games using the mod. The same thing happened with practice game and proper game. I get the civ choosing screen and it lets me choose a civ but after abotu 10 seconds of loading an error pops up about it can't alter a mod file and when I click on ok warlords closes down. When I load game then mod again I get a (C+ I think) runtime error when I try and connect to the IP address. This only resolves itself when I restart my machine. I will put exact text on when I civ choosing screen is sorted.
Thanks
George

I had the same(ish) problem and it turned out the the mod files weren't organised in the same way as other mods. I played with the way they were set out (in terms of internal folders) it solved the problem.

Top Bottom