Arckons Next 24Civ Pitboss game; details and discussion here

The in game communication is flaky. Use the board here for global stuff (not that there really should be much), and PM or CivStats for diplomacy one on one. If anyone ever wants to e-mail me, PM me here or use Civstats and I'll send you my e-mail.

Connection worked.

One question. Who gets the religions that are part of the techs that are already know in the start (Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism)? Can players do something to get them?

Connection worked.

One question. Who gets the religions that are part of the techs that are already know in the start (Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism)? Can players do something to get them?

I have no idea.

The Incas got Budism last game; I dont know about anyone else.

Connection worked.

I assume it goes just as with any non-ancient start: Religions are distributed randomly as far as I know. Try starting a game in the classical age and see what happens after a few turns.

I tried logging in again, but the game keeps crashing when I try to. :sad:
For the rest I'm happy with the way things are looking now.

Some small things, Arckon:
- It appears you forgot to cover or "unexplore" the parts of the world where the moved civs come from. While my cities are in Australia, some squares in real world France are explored
- I was really hoping for some stone in Australia :mischief:

I assume it goes just as with any non-ancient start: Religions are distributed randomly as far as I know. Try starting a game in the classical age and see what happens after a few turns.

I tried logging in again, but the game keeps crashing when I try to. :sad:
For the rest I'm happy with the way things are looking now.

Some small things, Arckon:
- It appears you forgot to cover or "unexplore" the parts of the world where the moved civs come from. While my cities are in Australia, some squares in real world France are explored
- I was really hoping for some stone in Australia :mischief:

Heheheh....:blush:

OK, some stone is on its way!

lol

Me too. Looks a little interesting... not sure I would have placed my capital right there... looks like the kind of placement the computer used to do. :p

Timed out the 1st IP address.
Got in with the 2nd although it took a long time connecting to "peer" - (no name).
Looks good with plenty resources.
Alas, I am boxed in by no fewer than 5 Barbs. (So will have to protect everything:sad: )
One funny thing though:confused: : I experienced something similar to lag in FPS games. I would pick a worker and give move instruction - wait 10 secs to execute. Once moved wait 10 secs for menu to appear select Build farm then wait 10 secs for figure to start working. Same with all units I did something with.
Now, although now only mildly annoying, this will become seriouis later on with plenty of units and cities to control. - (if the Barbs allow me to get that far.:lol: )

Just a question regarding loading the mod. Is there a quicker way than launching game then going to advanced then loading a mod.
with saved games I just run the saved game from windows but with pitboss is there a quicker way without dual launch?

Can connect to host screen but when I get to enter a civ ( klammi dont enter two civs!) says the saved game is protected and when I tried to reenter it quit on me

Heh, I was playing CivWarlords off and on yesterday on that machine, so dont judge the lag by what you saw yesterday.

I will stay off of it today though so people can get a feel for what they have.

So far the only map/setup complaint I have is that Australia has no stone.

Anything else regarding the map/startup positions?

I have a galley, and I assume other coastal civs have one too. But what do the landlocked civs get as a compensation? :o

I have a galley, and I assume other coastal civs have one too. But what do the landlocked civs get as a compensation? :o

No vulnerability to coastal attack.

lol

I guess I could put a scout in for land-locked civs, two if they are expansionists.

Mhh.. this religion thing is bad... I know this comes late but I would prefer to start in ancient age so that everybody has a real chance to fight for them.

This start techs and two cities are nice to speed up the game at the beginning but actually I prefer to place my cities where I want them to be.... Any opinions about that?

Mhh.. this religion thing is bad... I know this comes late but I would prefer to start in ancient age so that everybody has a real chance to fight for them.

This start techs and two cities are nice to speed up the game at the beginning but actually I prefer to place my cities where I want them to be.... Any opinions about that?

Everyone is taking the same chances for religious starts. It is not a game-breaker, is it? Christianity, Islam and I think Confucianism are after Ancient Age tech, so you can always fight for them.

How would one do *ANY* scenario without starting cities already put in place, for Christ's sake?

This is a scenario for a quick start game so that we dont have to go through 100 turns of wandering tribal warriors around looking for goody huts. That is boring beyond watching paint dry.

We will have city razing allowed, so if you capture some cities you can rebuild them where you want. If you expand into unsettled areas then you can do the same.

Also, while one might tweak any city placement to suit ones preferences, none of these city starts are BAD by any means. Just pretend that this is the kingdom as you have inherited it and do with it the best you can, how about that?

But this is a scenario for a quick start on something resembling Earth. I while am trying to make it as balanced as possible it is supposed to just be fun.

OK, you have set up the game and I will have to comply with those settings.

Honestly it's all because my second town is bad situated sourrounded of jungle and with Mystic as starting tech as Aztec I would have had good chances to get one of both starting religions.
So I might don't benefit from this but actually all the things you mentioned are true. Let's close this discussion here before all other 22 try to get some advantages through changing any settings.

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to play that game ;)

Top Bottom