[GS] Are city-states getting all clustered together now? (Fractal)

I've seen this a few time as well, on Pangaea and Continents. Some continents have no CS, some 1-2, then one will have 6. Annoying when you try and play Hungary and don't find any CS for 100 turns....

In my first GS game (continents, standard size), I didn't find a single CS on my starting huge landmass, which means I played for few hours without meeting any CS at all. I started to think that there is some bug in the game settings, because I certainly didn't change the number of CS to zero, and I didn't check the screen.
I'll post a screenshot when I come home.

Last edited:
Weren't they always clustered together? Seems like there were always a bunch off on their own little continent.

Yes, that's an established pattern. But I don't remember Pangaea maps having a huge cluster at one end of the super-continent, and none at all at the other.

I'm currently playing on a continents map and there is a supercluster of city-states on a peninsula. They were packed so tightly that one was unable to found its city and I snagged its settler.

Same, continents standard map, just found 7 clustered together on a different continent.

I believe it's due to the fact that the ones that are not clustered tend to get eaten up by the AI (on deity at least) so only the ones on their own continent have a chance to survive.

I've found this as well. Last game, about half of the city-states were off to themselves on their own small continent (or large island, not certain which) with no AI players at all. The AI and myself were on two other large continents with the rest of the city states, most of which got gobbled up by the AI. That was a standard size continent map. My current game is not like that though.

Yup, seen this in both the games I’ve played! All clustered together on one continent while many of the civs on the other. Seems a bit imbalanced to me. In one game I got the first met bonus for around 6 city states, which is a huge advantage.

A big question I have is should I restart if I find the city-states all clustered together? Or is the result not a big deal or so common that it can't be avoided?

I'm really hoping @Gedemon can fix this with YnAMP.

I played continents with 12 CS. Eight of them were bunched on one continent while almost all the Leaders were on another continent with just three CS. One CS was on a lone island. The eight that were crunched on the small continent, were all within six tiles of each other and the two civs were at the far end ... quite a distance from the CS. This seems to be the norm in every map I play.

Top Bottom