Are Illians Broken?

KruniacZio

Chieftain
I don't mean in a bugged way, I mean in overpowered. I can horsehocky out a Priest of Winter in 4 turns, and I get 3 of them just for performing the ritual that forms the Cult.

Each of these Priests can summon a Frostling...

......These Frostlings do not appear to have a duration. The Ice Elementals only last for a turn - great for defending your Priest's tile from tigers or whatever. The Frostlings last forever.

I literally just rolled around with 5 priests, summoning 5 Ice Elementals whenever I could attack non-desert tiles, and PERMANENT Frostlings whenever the tile was something I couldn't attack, or when I felt that my elementals might not be enough to protect me.

At the end of the war with Mechanos, I was rolling around with 12 Frostlings and 4-5 Ice Elementals. This cannot be normal.

Are Illians supposed to have no duration on their Frostlings? I don't mean the archers - I build those. I mean the summonable Frostlings that Priests get at Ice 1 (which they start with).

I don't think it's abnormal, after all frostlings are weak units. IIRC the frostling has 3 strength, it makes the spell as powerful as adept's death 1 spell (summon skeleton).
The Illians have some strong features for sure, but I don't think they are stronger than other powerful civs like the Calabim and Austrin. Your lands are usually relatively unproductive in early game, your religious options are limited to the white hand, your starting position is generally isolated (which is an advantage - few threats - as well as a drawback - few targets to invade) and are often harassed by barbarians due to their starting position and rituals. These are minor annoyances, but enough to balance their strength in early to mid-game.

I don't think it's abnormal, after all frostlings are weak units. IIRC the frostling has 3 strength, it makes the spell as powerful as adept's death 1 spell (summon skeleton).
The Illians have some strong features for sure, but I don't think they are stronger than other powerful civs like the Calabim and Austrin. Your lands are usually relatively unproductive in early game, your religious options are limited to the white hand, your starting position is generally isolated (which is an advantage - few threats - as well as a drawback - few targets to invade) and are often harassed by barbarians due to their starting position and rituals. These are minor annoyances, but enough to balance their strength in early to mid-game.

Okay. I can understand that. My issue is that Frostlings have no duration or cap. I was under the impression that civs had a limit to the number of skeletons/undead they can have at one time.

I also played End of Winter, like always, so they seemed extra overpowered because my production was obscene in the early game. Maybe you're right, though.

Okay. I can understand that. My issue is that Frostlings have no duration or cap. I was under the impression that civs had a limit to the number of skeletons/undead they can have at one time.

I also played End of Winter, like always, so they seemed extra overpowered because my production was obscene in the early game. Maybe you're right, though.
Death 1 Summon Skeleton lets you summon 1 skeleton per caster (adept) that lasts forever.

Top Bottom