Votes: 62 65.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • My radioactive monkey friend is depressed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuck Norris likes #fiftychat

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
Never depressed, not that I know of anyway. I'm fairly optimistic and cheerful, really, and in person, quite less serious than one would think by my internet personae (I just see no point of small talk under internet; that is just to pass time when I have nothing to do, and at home I can always watch a movie or play a game).

Regards :).

Nope, not at all depressed. Life's too short to spend it depressed.

It's funny I should find this thread yesterday and get dumped shortly thereafter... I answered previously that I have been depressed, and maybe noted that I'm clinically depressed... but today, I'll add situational depression to it. I'm not in good shape.

Never depressed, not that I know of anyway. I'm fairly optimistic and cheerful, really, and in person, quite less serious than one would think by my internet personae (I just see no point of small talk under internet; that is just to pass time when I have nothing to do, and at home I can always watch a movie or play a game).

Regards :).
I dont know how you manage. I am always depressed and always have a cloud of the fear of rejection over my head. I lack self-confidence and self-esteem (Mainly because I have been picked on harshly in middle school and never gotten a chance to repair it), also I think that my smile is stupid and thus avoided smiling.

I have been depressed for nearly half my life. Scary thought. (Yes, clinically depressed, with consultant psychiatrists and all.) I finally bullied my shrink into changing my antidepressant seven weeks ago, and within two weeks of starting the new one I was cheerful instead of gloomy. Now I am happy, enthusiastic, energetic, bouncy and generally cheerful and active. Oh, and because my appetite has gone down while my activity levels have increased, I am now - with no effort at all - less overweight by a whole stone!

:cry: ----> :sad: ----> :( ----> :undecide: ----> :twitch: ----> :coffee: ----> :) ----> :high5: ----> :D ----> :woohoo: ----> :goodjob: ----> :banana: ----> [party]

What are you taking?

I remember I had to go through a bunch of different medications (all of which had unpleasant side effects, and none of which worked at all) before finding one that worked, to a degree.

I'm now on Prozac (fluoxetine). It's not extra-strong flavour; just the minimum starting dose. I was on Zispin (mirtazapine), which just made me sleepy and hungry.

I have found a few side-effects, but I've been really lucky: the loss of appetite is just what I need to lose some weight, the restlessness and energy ditto, the slight insomnia means that I no longer spend all day in bed but get up and do things; and I haven't spotted anything else bad.

Apparently one of the scary possible side-effects of Prozac is "sexual disfunction" - lack of libido. I find this very amusing, because for the last several years I've been too depressed to have any libido, to the extent that I thought I was asexual. I have now recovered my awareness of my own femininity, and am having ... an interesting time ... talent-spotting. :mischief:

Interestingly enough I was on fluoxetine myself last year and it made me exceptionally sleepy and rather emotionless. Seems it is fairly true that different medication works for different people :p

I'm still terribly amused that some of the side-effects included 'constipation' and/or 'diarrhea". Them's wily pills, they are.

I am always depressed, but it's mostly because whining... Well, that's what others say it is :(

Top Bottom