Are you pre-ordering?

Preorder?

• Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

Votes: 386 68.7%
  • No, I'm going to wait and see.

Votes: 176 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is 25% off on GMG for Europe with VIP5 coupon code if someone is interested. It's a good deal for Deluxe Edition especially since you can find better prices for basic version elsewhere I guess.

already did yesterday on steam, first civ game i have ever preoredered, my first civ game was civ4 goty edition.

i just love the new art style/graphics and the upgraded nukes ftw, im a huge warmonger and hope to see many players online so i can blow them off the face of the earth.

i did not go with the deluxe edition, i got the 59.99 game.

Well, I almost never pre-order unless there is a miracle like Might and Magix X being released 12 years after MM9 or there is an indy game I am really interested in. But since this is Civ 6 AND there is 25% off for Deluxe Edition (with Aztec included) AND for some reason you pay in Pounds on GMG when in Poland AND Pound dropped significantly lately... just couldn't resist in this case.

I normally set aside money each year for games so I will pre-order stuff that I've had my eyes on for a while, so I already had Civ VI on pre-order since July. It wouldn't have made much difference to me what the pre-order benefit was; or, in the case of Civilization series, whether there is a pre-order benefit at all.

I do have a blacklist of companies from whom I would never pre-order. The latest additions to the list been Massive Entertainment and Hello Games.

I need a new game to play and have the money to fork out. Big fan of Civ4 and 5. What do you think? Did you pre-order?

I preordered as soon as it was announced that the Mac version is way in the works and even possibly coming out on the 21st as well. What will I do if it doesn't? The Mac runs windows too!:D

Maybe if I find a good offer (meaning, not full retail price) online. Otherwise, I might be inclined to wait for the inevitable Steam sale. I did that for the new ALIEN game and got it some 5-6 months after release with a 60-70% discount.

PS: anyone know if this UK based retailer is trustworthy?

https://www.g2a.com/sid-meier-s-civilization-vi-steam-cd-key-preorder-global.html

I have never run into issues buying from them, I've bought maybe 10 games, I don't think I will anymore though. There is significant controversy surrounding them. Some developers even asking people to just pirate their games rather than use G2A, due to some of the legal trouble it can get them involved with. G2A's lack of enforcement or interest in regards to where the keys come from also creates an environment and market where this kind of theft/fraud flourishes. Which doesn't just deprive them of sales, but actually can end up costing them ridiculous amounts of money.

How much of that is actually true I am not sure, but it sounded convincing enough to make me not want to buy anything there again. Though another part of me thinks that's not my problem, but G2A's and the developer's responsibility to correct. This is the reality of a free market, why should it fall on me to be the one paying out of my pocket to make no significant impact in compensating for flaws in our economic systems hurting others? They certainly don't come around to my aid whenever I'm having money problems, because why should they?

I'd say research it and descide for yourself. But in my personal experience, you personally coming out at a loss for buying keys there seems unlikely, and they can have some amazing deals, especially if you wait a week or two after launch.

Last edited:
Yeah OK, I'll not bother with that seller then. Amazon.co.uk is only 2-3 Euros more expensive for their Steam key anyway. But I'll see if something slightly better turns up.

And global version is flat wrong at G2As offer since CiVI will have regionally restricted keys only...

Yes, I cannot not preorder because I want to have this game at the soonest possible moment.

And global version is flat wrong at G2As offer since CiVI will have regionally restricted keys only...
does this mean the multiplayer will be region locked? maybe thats why theres hardly anybody on civ5 even though steam says there 60k people playing it, i know alot dont play mp maybe?

does this mean the multiplayer will be region locked? maybe thats why theres hardly anybody on civ5 even though steam says there 60k people playing it, i know alot dont play mp maybe?
Only 6.2% of Civ V owners have won a multiplayer game, so yeah, the vast majority of players don't bother with MP.

Civ is the ONLY game I will EVER pay full price for. For everything else, I wait until the price comes down or Steam has a good sale. I'm an original Civ player and still have the software in its original box. I have literally played it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom