1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSveno

DSveno Chieftain

What if, you know, the game is not a bad game? It's fine to hold your opinion, but you're starting to rambling about the good old days and looking down to people who are happy with their purchase. The same good old days when there was no patch and such, people were happy with whatever purchase they did, happily talking about the great exploit against stupid AI in strategy game, one trick pony in every builder games and called it "great tips". It's still the same as today, just that people have the internet where they can shout the loudest.

2. salty mud

salty mud Ey-up

Your point would be valid if his purchase affected only himself. It's been argued time and again that pre-ordering games affects the whole industry by sending a message to developers that sub-standard game development is a-okay. People will just buy it anyway. Look through this very thread - someone has already said they don't care if the AI is bad, they'll just knock the difficulty up. I mean, what? That's literally saying that they forgive bad game development. The ever lowering standards of consumers affects everyone, not just the person who buys the game.

I never cease to be amazed at the gymnastics people will perform to justify buying a product they don't even know about from an unbiased source.

Jeckel and Toulouse like this.
  3. Toulouse

Toulouse Warlord

Salty - thank you! You are right- the evidence against pre-orders is contained in this thread.

Next time how about we Civ fans get together and not pre-order together, just to see if the results are any better? Just one time as an experiment, you know?

Jeckel likes this.
  4. treadwin

treadwin Warlord

I guarantee that at least some of the people railing against the AI will not be able to even beat the Barbarians, on the highest difficulty levels, to start with.

5. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I think it will be when either they fix things with the AI or the issues are solved by modding. Getting rid of niter would help a lot at this point. Perhaps iron as well. I wil make swords not need iron and musketmen not need niter. Then I'll see if the AI upgrades. I think it will. Then when the devs fix the issue. I won't need the mod. At least in the meantime the game will be more playable. At least there will be AI unit progression which is the real issue. The AI may not be perfect, but it will upgrade and wars will not be so one sided.

Hopefully our unit creators design a rifleman and a tech for them. This would help the AI progress their armies to infantry far better.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  6. StittsvileJamie

StittsvileJamie Chieftain

Thank god [most of us] are adults and can do what we like with our money. But please continue to tell others what to do with their entertainment dollars.

7. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I am pre-loaded and ready to go. Let's see how the first game goes as America.

8. Nefelia

Nefelia Prince

Everything I have seen thus far shows that Civ VI is going to be a good product on release. There are some wonky AI issues, but nothing even close to game breaking. I think you may be engaging in a bit of hyperbole here.

The game has now unlocked, so people will be posting their actual experiences soon. No more need for speculation. :)

Ondolindë likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.