1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Your mistake wasn't preordering Skyrim... It was getting it on PS3.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I suppose I'm waiting on a really good coupon.

3. Playsoneasy

Playsoneasy Chieftain

Well, yes, I suppose that's true. :lol:

However, I still prefer to wait. It's nice to be able to get the full game with all expansions and bugfixes in one easy package. It's cheaper that way too. :)

4. qwerty25

qwerty25 Prince

I probbaly will..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

5. Metecury

Metecury Prince

I already did. The game looks awesome, I sunk hundreds of hours in civ 5 and I know full well I will do the same with civ 6 especially since it looks incredibly better than its predecessor. No point in waiting, even if there are some bugs at release I know i'll still be able to enjoy the game and I only wait for sales when I do not particularly like a company or game but still want to try it out.

6. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Did it already, got the Writing Bull 25% discount (which you can still get) and got the deluxe edition for about €60.

7. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs King

I invariably end up getting all the xpacks and Civ DLC so I decided to preorder due to the 25% discount I was offered. I'd preorder all of the xpacks and dlc right now too if it was an option!

I realize that sounds crazy but I'd only ever do this for Civ and I've never been disappointed by the main series

8. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Where could we get the discount?

9. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

It's twenty bucks extra for the 'pre-buy dlc' version right?

That's four dlc?

One will be a faction, which I would probably buy for five bucks.

One will be some maps that I'll never use.

Hard to say what the other two will be, but I suspect I'd only use one of them.

Not a good deal.

10. Ezumiyr

Ezumiyr Chieftain

I"m still hesitating.

I'm almost sure I'll eventually buy all the DLCs, but I wonder if the preodering price is really worth it, or if I'm going to have a better price as soon as a few months later.

11. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Warlord

I probably will preorder because I like the mechanics. Every other DLC will be bought at -75%.

12. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Probably, but if s, then just a day or two before release. That's early enough to get a) any bonuses and more importantly b) get the pre-load on Steam, so I can dive right into it after launch. At the same time, it's late enough to see whether any red flags come up before launch (no early reviews, no pre-release comments from streamers etc).

Plus, thanks to Steam refunds... you can always get your money back if it somehow implodes upon launch.

13. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

Most likely. But not until about a day before. Just for the bonus content if I do intend to get the game - which is looking very likely.

14. Sprenk

Sprenk Prince

I always pre-order games that I know I'm going to want to play the moment it's released--and Civ games are in that category. It's like going to a midnight release of a favorite movie franchise, or like pre-ordering a book by a favorite author.

15. Haggbart

Haggbart King

http://writingbull.de/sid-meiers-civilization-6-community-gutschein/

There is a link to the webshop in the article, and 20 % is already off on the site. To get the last 5 % use the code BULLSCIV6.

I have used the english Gamesplanet-site before, but to get the €60,79 price you must use the german site which is linked in the article. The language shouldn't be a problem, buying is pretty straight forward, and I could access my english account from the german and vice versa.

However you should check the price in your local currency first. In my case, the Steam price was equivalent to €81, so I saved €20 on this deal (unless the NKR/EUR rate change a lot between now and launch, which is unlikely).

16. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Most likely, but I'm waiting until they reveal the rest of the bonuses.

17. rastak

rastak Emperor

Same scenario for me. I'll probably pre-order two actually so my son-in-law and I can do some multi-player coop.

18. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Warlord

@hagtbart: If you like Writing Bull and want to support him with money....

19. Darkflight

Darkflight Prince

I have enough games to last me a long time so I have no reason to pre-order. I will probably buy it 3-4 months after release or later depending on what else comes out and what problems this game will have that will only be fixed after an expansion or two.

20. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Lol, what?

I was just trying to get the game the cheapest possible.
    Are you suggesting some people might hate him, and so would turn down the chance of a 5% extra discount?

Out of curiousity, why would someone dislike him so much? And how do you know he earns money from the deal, it doesn't really make sense that Gamesplanet give an extra discount AND give him money.

Personally, I've never seen any of his videos, my german is rusty to the point where watching an LP with a german narrator would just be annoying (which is kinda sad, considering I was taught german for 5 years at school).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.