1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you pre-ordering?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by EgonSpengler, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Preorder?

Poll closed Oct 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, I have or will preorder the game.

386 vote(s)
    68.7%
  2. No, I'm going to wait and see.

176 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Already done... As a die hard fan of the franchise, and having a daughter who plays as much as I do, there's no way I'm skipping this, so might as well get all the perks from pre-order deluxe ed... ;)

2. LDiCesare

LDiCesare Deity

Yes it did. It was fairly short and didn't allow to actually know whether you'd like the game or not, though.

3. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I am going to preorder in October, and hope that preordering a physical copy will make it eligible to get the Aztecs. Steam version is just too expensive for me, and I prefer to have the box in my hands. I do have Civ 5 vanilla box, and so I want to have one of Civ 6. After all, the game has to be activated on Steam regardless.

4. Lordkhan II.

Lordkhan II. Chieftain

Same here. I like to have a box for my shelf. But this would mean not to have the pre-bonus stuff right?

And if i pre order i will just have the digital pc-download.

Can i get both these things? Does anybody know that?

5. Larsenex

Larsenex King

^^^ This is what I will do as well.

6. ProMeTheus112

ProMeTheus112 Warlord

Yeah I was thinking the same I like to have a box^^ but then no "digital deluxe", missing some music and things.. that sucks tbh

7. Mort_Q

Mort_Q Prince

Digital Deluxe Pre-Ordered.

8. nicki_boy777

nicki_boy777 Chieftain

I am still hoping for the physical collectors edition. I cannot believe they are not going to have one its crazy!

9. Wizard-Bob

Wizard-Bob Always remember to Find Your FUN!

Already pre-ordered ;)

10. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Warlord

Probably not unless they reveal what the Deluxe Edition DLCs include and they have some more civs I'd want to play as. There are a few in the basic lineup I like (particularly Scythia), but most don't really interest me enough to make the game worth its pricetag.

11. Olleus

Olleus Deity

It was the first 100 turns of a preset map.

For a demo that's actually a fair bit. Enough to know if the game would run on your computer, see the aesthetic, and decide if the civ franchise was your kind of thing. Admittedly, not enough to know if you would prefer Civ5 to Civ4 or not, but that requires several full length games.

12. malekithau

malekithau Chieftain

I preorder pretty much every game I think will be worthwhile. Consequently I have over 300 games on Steam. I also like to get involved in early access games. Some of these are the most played games in my library.

13. salty mud

salty mud Deity

The poll results really frighten me.

14. Lucius_

Lucius_ King

I will likely preorder the deluxe edition sometime post mid Sept. I know I'm going to buy the game. I know I'm going to buy every DLC, it's just when. I'm hoping for another nice GMG sale before release, which is definitely possible.

15. Haggbart

Haggbart King

Dude, you're on a site named CivFANATICS, not a site named OnlyModeratelyInterestedInCIVreally. If anything I'm surprised more people didn't preorder.

16. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

I will pre-order, but I'm holding back in the hope for more information on what we will get in those post-release DLC before I decide whether to go for the deluxe or standard edition.

17. Acken

Acken Deity

I picked the 27% discount in a promo a while back and picked the deluxe with it. Even if the game is far from perfect I just know ill buy it so it was a good offer to me.

18. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

No.

(5char)

19. juanpavo

juanpavo Warlord

20. King Rad

King Rad Warlord

I have already preorderd. i don't order the deluxe version because I don't always get the DLC (map packs, etc. generally don't interest me).

If you have an Amazon Prime membership, then you can preorder the 'box' - standard or deluxe - and get a 20% discount for the preorder. Also, they don't actually charge your credit card until they ship the game, and it's guaranteed to arrive on the 21st release date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.