Ares de Borg's Terrain Pack II: Open Beta!

The situation around Japan in TCW v2. The Russians are making a break for the Pacific. I reduced the quality of the JPEG to make a smaller file size it looks even better at full quality.

Great pictures, BK! I like the mines but they are not working well in ancient times. They fit TCW, though! The F4U Camo fits the water color well, Iwan might have a hard time spotting these ;)

So how do you like the change from watercolor terrain? Was it strange first?

Yes it was for the longest time I used water color for my base terrain now I have switched it out to yours. Once I get some of the rule changes done I'll post a screenie for a pirates of the carribean scenario I am working on, even made my own custom 180 x 180 map for it and added mangrove forests for landmark forests. They really blend well with your terrain and the marshes to really bring Florida and New Orleans alive.

It is an outstanding work! I am glad you made it available. I am planning to add this in my AoI II mod.
Unfortunately I have to criticise some parts. The brown forests on the plains look quiete "dirty" it is more like a swamp or a poisoned area. Also the fortresses look too much medievel. At last I have to criticise the mines, too. Originally I found them good, but seeing it in game I am by far not so sure. They look more like craters.
Nevertheless the other things, and that's the very most part, is outstanding! :goodjob: Thanks!

Adler

Thank you, Adler. For the fortresses, did you notice they change over time? In modern times you have trenches and a bunker. The mines were supposed to fit all eras as well which is sometimes difficult. If you want, you can just use another terrainbuildings.pcx. Thanks for putting it into your mod. :)

Ares PM me your e-mail again and I'll send you the file. I originally got it from Winter, not sure if its something modified or it is available somewhere on this forum.

Great shot! Wo I see some Kong sized bannanas growing out there. Remember, lil bunches come free with Conquest's if those ones start driving you apesht :sad: (sad humour)

Ares, I have a feeling I very well may be using these graphics (with Pounder's irrigation and my own custom Terrainbuildings.pcx) in the FF mod......

I love the latest terrain ,,thanks...
I think some of the photos here don't do it justice, especially the zoomed in ones..
Anyway,,great work..

Okay, here is the first one. It is a strange thing as a Central American TR entered the town of Panama, which is US! Never seen that.

More come tomorrow.

Adler

Ive seen glitches liked that. I got a U.S infantry inside of Berlin in TCW. I tried to figure out what caused it.

Here are the promised other screenshots I forgot to post here, too.

The British and German fleets. Ready for the next challenges?

The Soviet Union. Can the Russian Bear recover?

Eastern Germany and Poland. Will the Polish be able to grap German land- or will another Polish partition follow as Russia has still an eye on her?

Western Africa.

The US East Coast.

Brazil. Samba, soccer- and hegemon of South America?

India and Siam.

Japan. Banzai!

Adler

Top Bottom