arghh !!! drop it.

ifaistos

Chieftain
Hi,

I was playing with a custom race.
used abilities : unification , tolerant , +1 research , large home world.
-repulsive . -20 ship defence , -10 ground combat

against 3 enemies.

all races was equal. No battles and wars , just expading.
I decide to attack and finish one of them. I attacked Elerians with invade on one planet. In next turn the elerians surrender all their planets to another race and lost.
They had many ships and I think 8 star systems.

I'm playing moo2 for a long time and never seen that before. :crazyeye:

well I load a save game. They didn't do it again.

I never liked that surrender. I think you only see it only avg or lower difficulties. I never liked the demand either, that is one of the reason I use repulsive.

Hi,

The difficulty was set to impossible. (forget to add it).
My way is to try to acheive a big score. So I try to envade all planets and conquer for score purposes the enemies.

Really what score is your biggest ?

[edit]
haha, I started another map this time choosing silicoid, difficulty impossible and they did it again.

Ifaistos,

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=216823

Generally, playing for a score is pointless, as you need to capture-giveaway-and recapture back a population to AI player to get a points in process, thus making any score is possible in result (game will wrap it to negative at 32-with-something thousands points for you thought).

In other case you play race with -300%, so 10 negatives, no positives, and you need to capture subterranean race and settle all the planets with them. In this case score will be a function of size of planets in a generated map.

I agree with Darza and have not done scores in years. When I did some, I did not allow things like capture and recapture planets. Blow up planets and make new one to get larger sizes.

Can't find my old scores, but it was like 32k iirc. I have it posted here someplace a completre break down.

I found it:

Huge universe (173 colonies)
340% (24 picks left)
Start 1 system, one planet

Time 499 turns 781 pts
5385 pop 5385 pts (? not housed)
6 players elim 300 pts
tech 262 pts
154 captured 154 pts
antarans 250 pts
100 orion 100 pts
score 7155*340 24327 pts

total 31559

Thats true, giveaway-recapture is utterly lame, but only in case of actual direct giveaway via diplomacy, by only because any diplomacy with AI is utterly lame. Things going quite different if AI would take your colony with fleet tho, even if you deliberately left it unguarded to make it happen. There came the problem what AI tend to bomb down a planets entirely after some time, but still, in theory it could be used for a farming still. And observer cant claim what it was some sort of non-fair play, instead of just "bad play what lead to a good result". But anyway i dont think what doing it somewhere beside lifelong imprisonment have any sence, this game offer much more challenges to achieve instead.

VMXA, and you missed there a 7-th AI player eliminating still. Good result anyway.

At the time I did not realize I could do the last race and Anties at the same time, so left the last colony. Anyway too much work and I never did it again. Now I just glass all when I get to the point I have had enough.

I use to feel I had to take all planets that were colonized, that is too much as well.

Wish I could get into Galciv. Have all the I and II stuff, but just cannot seem to get the fun out. It should have been up my ally. Each time they came out with a new expansion I tried again.

Maybe number 3 will to the trick.

I'm not saying that it is the best thing... but there is a definite game mechanic behind the AI surrender behavior in Moo II.

If you pay attention to the tone of races when dealing with them, it is easy to pick out the occasional surrender race. Their dialogue is completely obsequious.

In this case the strategy becomes who can bully the race the most to get them to surrender to you.

I never liked that surrender. I think you only see it only avg or lower difficulties. I never liked the demand either, that is one of the reason I use repulsive.

I sometimes see surrender when playing Impossible and sometimes from races that aren't close to being killed yet. I'd love to be able to turn it off.

.. neilkaz ..

EDIT:In a weird game last night, where 4 alien races were repulsive, I was clearing out "Coid Corner" to my southwest and they surrendered to the Trilarians. Not a big deal as I took a few turns off from war, to take Orion (one of the rare galaxies where Orion is in the corner!!) and then attacked the Tri's.

But still surrender is a nuisance.

EDIT AGAIN: OMG, perhaps the worst ridiculous and needless surrender just happened in my game when the Psilons, for no apparent reason surrendered a fine 5 system empire to the Trilarians. Maybe a war had just started between the Psi's and Coid's, but they were in no danger of losing.

Top Bottom