Pre-thread: This world is yours 2: Solspace

When is the new due date?
I am aiming for the 30th, and every other friday after that. So two weeks between updates, hopefully enough time for me and everyone else too.

If you're back you're at 30+7 CP, 1 SP, 0 pogs.

Orders

25 CP
10 CP 0808a - Pentas 4 - Crosby's world, terrestrial world
5 CP - 0808a - Pentas 4a - Willis, planetoid moon
10 CP, 1 SP - bank

I will be sending orders for this sometime within the next few hours - probably before you wake up.

37 CP

10 CP 0813 - Eris 4 - Malaclypse, Terrestrial. Preferably habitable.
5 CP - 0813 - Eris 4a - Νεανικός (Greek for Youthful), Planetoid Moon.
10 CP, 0813 - Eris 5 - Ravenhurst, Terrestrial. Preferably habitable.

Bank 17 CP as I ran out of ideas lol

Naming Scheme: Malaclypse (the Younger) and (Omar Khayyam) Ravenhurst are the pen names of Greg Hill and Kerry Wendell Thornley respectively are the authors of Principia Discordia, the primary text of the parody religion Discordia that worships the Goddess Eris.

Phase IIa turn I:

0808a Pentas https://i.imgur.com/chlBxH4.png

0808a Pentas M-class Red GiantA low-to-medium mass star in a late phase of stellar evolution, a red giant has exhausted the supply of hydrogen in its core and switched to hydrogen fusion in a shell around the now helium core instead. While the star itself is huge, the outer envelope has a lower temperature, giving the star its characteristic hue.Pentas the Red, a giant visible from Earth's night sky, a part of the Enoch constellation.
0808a Pentas Crosby's WorldClass I Volcanic WorldA geologically unstable world without a permanently formed outer crust. Glowing fissures and active volcanoes litter the surface; the magma they spew forth often combines to form flows that travel for hundreds of kilometers over the charred surface of this dead planet.
0808a Pentas WillisClass I Barren desert worldA deathly dry world, the surface exhibits the warm hue of oxidized iron compounds. A thin atmosphere prevails on worlds of this class, the predominant carbon dioxide stirred occasionally into planet-wide dust storms. Icecaps of atmospheric CO2 may form and sublime with the turning of the seasons.

0809f Iris https://i.imgur.com/1BtB5OX.png

0809f Iris Neutron StarThis is a star that lived, died in nova, and now lives again as an extraordinarily small, hot, dense mass whose volume is maintained by the strong nuclear force rather than rote electromagnetism. Although massing up to three Solar masses, the neutron star's radius is equivalent to barely that of Old Earth. Rapidly spinning neutron stars may emit intense beams of electromagnetic radiation; these are known as pulsars. A wise starship captain would do well to avoid them.Iris, the guidestar, appeared in the night sky near the dawn of civilization. Many early earth cultures use it to guide ships home in the dark of night, a blinking lantern in the dawn of celestial navigation.
0809f Iris PupilClass I Barren Irradiated DwarfBarren and highly irradiated, this planet is not only devoid of life but is a hardened environment even to robotic operations due to the awesome energies inflicted upon its surface by the local star. Any habitat constructed here would have to be deep indeed for anyone mad enough to live here.Pupil is a small dwarf planet in an extremely unstable orbit around Iris. It is expected to either impact Iris or get ejected from the system within the next 200 years. Pupil is the nearest body to the Cornea belt, which is a stream of asteroids and debris that is currently falling into Iris. The last of it is expected to impact the star's surface in around 2000 years. It is known locally as the Fools' belt, as any attempts at mining in it have resulted in the destruction of the ship and the death of the miners.This planet has no passive resource gain.
0809f Iris LensClass I Cryovolcanic worldA boiling wasteland covered with volcanoes that erupt amonia, or more rarely water instead of magma. Fissures dotting the surface spew forth plumes of superheated methane and sulfur into the toxic atmosphere and lava scars the surface of this hellish world.Lens is a molten ball of rock that is slowly consolidating out of the Cilary belt of debris orbiting Iris. The process is not likely to be completed before its orbit decays enough that it is subsumed into Iris. Lens shares its orbital path with a belt of asteroids known as the Ciliary belt. The Ciliary belt is believed to be the remnants of a once life-bearing planet that orbited Iris before the star went supernova. Fossils have been discovered during mining operations that support this theory.Lens has passive rare mineral (RM+1) deposits.

0813a Eris https://i.imgur.com/jLUzGi5.png

0813a-A Eris F-class yellow-white starA G2 type primary sequence star, estimated age is five billion years. Surface temperature is only about six thousand degrees, while core temperature could well exceed fifteen million degrees.Eris is a yellow star in the Romus Constellation. Initially named in the Bronze age for the goddess of strife and change, and was often regarded as a mischievous star that occasionally vanished from the heavens. Every ten standard years or so, the star changes color from white to dim blue for about a fortnight, and then vanishes for a day.
0813a-A Eris MalaclypseClass III Ocean worldA primitive atmosphere covers a world-ocean hundreds of kilometers deep. Its waters teem with primitive life and vast algae-analog mats can be seen by instruments from space. A core of water-ice over a rocky mantle is created by the tremendous pressures of the sea.Malaclypse is dotted by scarce archipelagoes in an otherwise world-spanning ocean. Life is primitive on this world, although who knows what plagues the depths or crawls the seafloor. Volcanic activity can be observed below the surface in several large expanses, promising the birth of a large continent in the next hundred thousand years. Massive storms on the surface of Malaclypse follow the tidal influences of her rocky moon Neavikos, ripping asunder any human-built structures like they were made of paper. This has made colonization attempts very dangerous, but the scientific and economic potential of this world are self-evident.
0813a-A Eris NeavikosClass I Toxic worldA frozen world envelopped by a thick nitrogen smog dappled with ethane and methane clouds. The surface is formed of eroded water-ice, windswept dunes of organic compounds, and hydrocarbon seas. Liquid water erupts bubbling with methane from cryovolcanoes driven by tidal heating and decaying radioactive elements deep within the mantle.Neavikos orbits her parent planet, Malaclypse, approximately once every 60 days. Massive storms on the ocean-planet below follow the tidal influences of this toxic rock, ripping asunder any human-built structures like they were made of paper. Ironically, Neavikos is from the Greek word for Youthful.
0813a-A Eris RavenhurstClass I Volcanic WorldA geologically unstable world without a permanently formed outer crust. Glowing fissues and active volcanoes litter the surface. The magma they spew forth often combines to form flows that travel for hundreds of kilometers over the charred surface of the planet.

1011a Olympus Alpha https://i.imgur.com/ofxu014.png

1011a-A Olympus M-class Red DwarfA class M main sequence star, small and exceedingly common. These relatively cool stars often mass only a fraction of Old Earth's sun.
1011a-B Pelion M-class Red DwarfA class M main sequence star, small and exceedingly common. These relatively cool stars often mass only a fraction of Old Earth's sun.
1011a Olympus Alpha Olympic beltAsteroid belt
1011a Olympus Alpha Olympus-aClass II gas GiantPrimarily composed of hydrogen and helium gasses, the temperature at the core is extreme, but not enough to sustain the deuterium fushion that would turn the planet into a brown dwarf star.
1011a Olympus Alpha Olympus-bClass I Ice GiantA giant planet composed primarily of water, amonia and methane. Within the depths, the planet's gravity generates enough pressure to form a core of metallic hydrogen.

1204a Qiufan https://i.imgur.com/9WFW3XI.png

No changes

2220d Clyde https://i.imgur.com/2WPM6v7.png

2220d Clyde K-class orange dwarfSlightly cooler and smaller than Old Earth's sun, this class K star most resembles Alpha Centauri B. It is particularly stable, burning on the lower end of the main sequence for tens of billions of years and thus considered a likely host to life-bearing and terraformable planets.Clyde is an orange dwarf star in the Ghost Cluster of the Terrors Constellation. It is named for the orange ghost from the early 20th century video game titled Pacman.
2220d Clyde IwataniClass I Volcanic WorldA geologically unstable world without a permanently formed outer crust. Glowing fissues and active volcanoes litter the surface; the magma they spew forth often combines to form flows that travel for hundreds of kilometers over the charred surface of this dead planet.
2220d Clyde KimagureClass I Barren worldRadiation from the nearby star ravages the surface of this world due to the lack of an atmospheric ozone layer. No significant geological activity. No indigenous lifeforms.
2220d Clyde NakamuraClass II Gas GiantPrimarily composed of hydrogen and helium gasses, the temperature at the core is extreme, but not enough to sustain the deuterium fushion that would turn the planet into a brown dwarf star.

PLAYERBASE CP2d6 CPBANKED CPTOTAL CPPOGSSP
TerrisH20120320
Erez872030231
Eltain20710371
Traveller762042261
NinjaCow6420517421

OOC:

As you might be able to tell, I keep my thoughts and notes in a google excel sheet. I went the lazy route and copied/pasted, which saved a lot of work.

As I have more inspiration or time, more details will be added to each planet that is lacking.

As you can see, planet numeral identifiers are not listed in the info above. This will be infilled once we "complete" a system - take it out of active development. No point in me assigning roman numerals to planets (1111c Sol III Terra, 1111c Sol IIIa Luna) if they are bound to change in the next few turns.

SP are not meant to rollover - spend them on these systems.

I intend to post updated maps on Friday 7/14/23 after 8pm est.

Last edited:
A note on "planet class" -

You might see above "Class II Gas giant" and "Class I Barren rock" - this intel will be important in phase IV when we are acting as the leaders of space-faring nations and polities.

Basically, the higher the class, the better suited it is for human habitation and/or the greater the access to resources.

Malaclypse has a thin oxygen atmosphere and essentially unlimited access to water - it is less hazardous to colonize this than it is to colonize Neavikos, which is a frozen rock coated in biohazardous and radioactive chemicals.

32CP
12CP Iris 17 -Gas Giant "Macula" is a small gas-giant that has begun a slow death spiral with its star. It likely used to be much bigger, but the supernova of Iris striped a large portion of its atmosphere, and it now struggles to retain what's left of it. While exactly how is unknown and is being studied, the mass of its atmosphere has noticeable decreased since humans first arrived at Iris. It is estimated that within 50K-100K years the last of the atmosphere will vanish from it, leaving just a small rocky dwarf planet.
3CP Iris 10 -Asteroid belt "Episclera" Possibly the largest of the belts in the system, It's one of the least visited and explored at this time, mostly due to its distance from Lens and Macula, along with the sheer richness of the Ciliary belt.

12CP Eris 8- Gas Giant "Enyo" named after a Greek war goddess. It is known for its reddish hues, and stands as a guardian of Eris's inner planets.
--5CP Moon "Enyalius" The largest of Enyo's moons

Decided trying to explain Macula's losing its atmosphere slowly was too much explaining, and simply making it a mystery worked better.

Traveller76

26 CP

5 CP Clyde 3 - Planetoid Dwarf
3 CP Clyde 4 - Asteroid Belt
3 CP Clyde 7 - Asteroid Belt
12 CP Clyde 14 - Planetoid Jovian

Bank 3 CP

erez
23 CP

10 CP Olympus Alpha 1 - Planet Terrestrial - Olympus-delta - the sole full survivor of the inner system of Olympus-a migration. It is a small rocky planet, extremally close to the pair of the mountain stars. Its orbit is rather elliptical and shifty as the two stars sometimes tug on it to be pushed away, or to bring it closer (as close as it can get, and as far as 2, can place it at 1.5).
12 CP Olympus Alpha 13 - Planet Jovian - Olympus-gamma - a large quiet Jovian at the edges of where one may be formed (or maybe migrated a bit outward as alpha migrated inward).

Bank 1 CP

The naming letters are by order of discovery. I will name things that are important. The three biggies were discovered first, so alpha, beta, gamma, with delta next mostly cause of its closeness to its stars. I'm thinking of one or two distant dwarf planets Epsilon and Zeta, discovered way later, and then I'll start with the moons. Hopefully I'll have the cp before this ends!
Also maybe it should be called Olympus Prime, rather than alpha, as it will be confusing with the planets naming scheme after greek alphabet, also it was the first Olympus system :p.

As I am moving this month, a lot of my time is spent packing and doings of that nature. This is still active, but I will probably be too busy to update it until mid-August. See you all then!

No worries Eltain, I get how disruptive moving can be. Take as much time as you need. :)

Top Bottom