• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Arioch's Analyst Thread

My impression (from the Polycast)was that the "penalty" was having culture tied up in benefits that you weren't getting. They still count as purchased both for purposes of total culture spent and number of policies purchased: no refund, no reduction in cost. They did not mention anarchy.

Anarchy was only mentioned in one old review, yes.

They could have temporarily disabled SP switching in some builds due to bugs or reworking, so that most people thought it wouldn't work?

They could have temporarily disabled SP switching in some builds due to bugs or reworking, so that most people thought it wouldn't work?

Your not gonna give up this chain of thought until 2KGreg grabs you by the shoulders and shouts it into your face, no?

:lol: :crazyeye:

Did they actually mention a Barb GDR? That sent a shiver down my spine.

Well actually it was one the interviwers who asked "Will a barb ever get a GDR", and the answer was actually that's something that pete did, he made a game and gave a barbarian the manhattan project and they built a nuke :D, as to will we actually see Barbarians with nukes and gdr's? Probably not, the game map is usually filled with cities eventually, however if you want to get barbarians spawning modern armour and GDR's and e.t.c e.t.c then just start the game in the future era. :D

Guy's we've known how SP works for ages now, why do people keep making up additional costs to switch policies, the cost is that you don't get any bonus from culture spent on the other policy that deactivates, this means you can say take piety and then later on take rationalism if you wanted, but it may be better to spend the culture somewhere where you get the bonus for the whole game.

Well, tiles don't flip; you can only gain a tile that's unclaimed. But if you buy a tile with a unit on it that doesn't have an open borders agreement with you, it will probably just be teleported to the nearest available open tile, just as it is in Civ IV. Whether there's room adjacent doesn't really matter... in Civ IV, a unit could be teleported halfway across the world if necessary due to a change in borders or border agreements.

Ah, I see. It's been ages since I played Civ 4. Thanks!

This is how much it cost to the common warrior to become a legion :

A great engineer is wandering in Rome looking for work, I guess he will be busy :

Now, Mr. Morton is ready to work !

Attachments

• Iamlegion.png
    Iamlegion.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 833
  • GEunit.png
    GEunit.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 689
  • mortonGW.png
    mortonGW.png
    102.8 KB · Views: 674
I wonder if numbering anti-aricraft units among the five air unit types in the manual sample, and stating that among those five the Gunship is most similar to ground units, the devs might mean that AA units is more like the rest of them and thus exist on the same separare layer (as mentioned elsewhere) as other air units?

They never said AA unit was an Air unit, just that AA units are good against fighters/bombers/gunships.

AA units will have a range, 1 range for AA guns and 2 for SAM units.

They automatically fire against any enemy air unit in that range I guess, so when a bomber trys to attack say a tank, if you have an AA unit with range to the tank, then your AA unit will shoot at the bomber.

:king: My biggest concern! Now I'm at least halfway relieved :cool:

I wonder what could be penalty?

- Simply losing all the culture spent? If so, are the prices of policies also reduced accordingly?
This is almost certainly it (previous tree is 'inactive'), and the prices of new social policies are probably NOT reduced

:
- The SP tree stays purchased, and switching is payed with anarchy (One single review said this).
it does probably stay 'purchased' but inactive, there was no mention of anarchy... or an ability to Switch back.

110 for warrior to legion

warrior costs 35 hammers
legion ??? probably ~50-100 (60=cost of chariot archer)

so if it was 90... that would be 55 hammers for 110 gold (not a bad price 2:1)

OR it could be like in Civ IV, hammer differential*factor+base amount

This is how much it cost to the common warrior to become a legion

I wonder why warrior (unit not requiring resource) is supposed to be upgraded to legion? I though its upgrade path is Warrior - Spearman - Pikeman - Musketman (or Rifleman)?

The only reason I see is what Legion doesn't require Iron and since it's stronger than Pikeman, Romans have Warrior - Legion - Musketman (or Rifleman) upgrade path?

I wonder why warrior (unit not requiring resource) is supposed to be upgraded to legion? I though its upgrade path is Warrior - Spearman - Pikeman - Musketman (or Rifleman)?

The only reason I see is what Legion doesn't require Iron and since it's stronger than Pikeman, Romans have Warrior - Legion - Musketman (or Rifleman) upgrade path?

Its probably

Warrior->
Spearman->Pike->Rifle
OR
Swordsman->Longword->Rifle

We can also finally put the social policy exclusivity argument to rest via Jon Schafer on the podcast:

"There are certain branches that won't work at the same time, for example Liberty and Autocracy. You switch to Autocracy, you have to switch out of liberty if that's what you picked earlier in the game."

:religion: my god, finally we know it.

One assumes that if you uprage a resourcless unit, i.e warrior into a resource unit, i.e swordsman (I think they are confirmed to cost 1 iron yes?) then an additional cost will be a unit of Iron, this is not to say upgrading without the Iron would necessarily be impossible, but we do know if you did this then that unit with no Iron supply would have a large maintenance cost.

One assumes that if you uprage a resourcless unit, i.e warrior into a resource unit, i.e swordsman (I think they are confirmed to cost 1 iron yes?) then an additional cost will be a unit of Iron, this is not to say upgrading without the Iron would necessarily be impossible, but we do know if you did this then that unit with no Iron supply would have a large maintenance cost.

Yes, but the Legion is the only option here. If the upgrade would require Iron, it would provide options to upgrade to either Legion or Spearman, I assume. And there are no optional upgrades as they were in Civ 4.

They never said AA unit was an Air unit
Actually, the manual kind of does:
"There are five main types of air units in Civilization V: helicopter gunships, missiles, fighters, bombers, and anti-air ground units". This may mean that, although technically a ground unit, it is for some reason classed as an air one. Now, why would they do so?

When will they add the remaining leader animations on the official site already? We already seen most if not all of them in video previews and such, so why not?

Top Bottom