• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Arioch's Analyst Thread

This screen shows guided missile and SAM mobile. Also, Stealth bomber and Guided missile in cities are triangle shaped.
Yeah, all the air units have the triangular civilian unit icon. I don't see a SAM in that shot though; the unit near the center is Rocket Artillery.

Though notice the Songhai Settler in that pic has a camel.

The chain link icon is apparently the Annexed indicator, which goes away when you build a Courthouse.

Guided Missile and Stealth Bomber in flight:

What's the logic behind the Egyptian War Chariot not requiring horses? It certainly looks like its being pulled by a team of horses. :crazyeye:

If a city-state has been conquered/made into a puppet it loses its vote.

This is what I thought originally, but It seems according to the review that this is not the case, even conquered city states still have 1 vote, however the idea that they will vote for anyone other than thier master's is ludicrous. You know the old saying, the simplest answer is often correct, they will vote for their conqueror. Just like vassal states did.

This is what I thought originally, but It seems according to the review that this is not the case, even conquered city states still have 1 vote, however the idea that they will vote for anyone other than thier master's is ludicrous. You know the old saying, the simplest answer is often correct, they will vote for their conqueror. Just like vassal states did.

The reviewer checked, they don't still vote (his game had 9 civs and 16 City-States... and when he got to the UN there were only 18 votes available... he hadn't eliminated 7 Civs.. so some conquered city-states must have given up their vote.)

On the manual preview one tid-bit is mentioned on projects.

"A project unlike other buildings/units can't be purchased or hurried"

We assumed previously that "hurrying" current production was no longer possible, perhaps this has been changed or the original comment saying so was incorrect.

So yea from the manual we do have

Heli Gunships can fly over mountains, ice, and Coastal tiles - all tiles cost 1 MP edit: and they are vulnerable to AA land units? because of this line "but remain vulnerable to anti-aircraft fire."

No printed manual - PDF

There is an interesting blurb that says cities can work tiles within Two tiles of the city - I assume typo or early version of the manual?.

Changing production mid-production will operate similar to civ4 with hammer-decay on now queued item.

Wonders that someone beats you to will give gold for the loss.

So yea from the manual we do have

Heli Gunships can fly over mountains, ice, and Coastal tiles - all tiles cost 1 MP

No printed manual - PDF

There is an interesting blurb that says cities can work tiles within Two tiles of the city - I assume typo or early version of the manual?.

Changing production mid-production will operate similar to civ4 with hammer-decay on now queued item.

Wonders that someone beats you to will give gold for the loss.

I wonder what happens to the extra production if you buy a Wonder (or a building for that matter).

Angkor Wat from the manual preview:
Free temple in every city
+1 culture
+1 Great Engineer point

On the manual preview one tid-bit is mentioned on projects.

"A project unlike other buildings/units can't be purchased or hurried"

We assumed previously that "hurrying" current production was no longer possible, perhaps this has been changed or the original comment saying so was incorrect.

Not just projects, courthouses too:

You can not rush a courthouse with gold, you have to wait out the turns.

My guess is civ4 style that the Cost to rushbuy it with gold will decrease because of those hammers so no overflow.

They indicated no discount for buying something being built.

However.... that COULD refer to the fact that in Civ 4 if you whipped/bought something with 0 hammers in it you paid 50% more. and you won't in civ 5. That would make a lot of sense.

Hopefully that is what they mean, and something partially completed will cost less gold to finish than something not completed at all.

(Of course there is still the overflow issue, but I think that can be solved by having things build instantly if there is enough production from last turn.)

Top Bottom