As the Darkness grows, Heroes Rise and Fall...

Name: Josh Roberts
Allegiance: America
Background: After he graduated from high school, he decided to join the military. His parents are both from England, and moved back after the war started.
Military Arm: Army
Class: Foot Solder

So, this (above) is how are character info should look like right?

Looks good RFC.

Right, well as I am finishing the OP, I am making some slight changes. No more weapon slots on vehicles, I just added the actual weapons, with some additions for this universe. the Naval section has been ignored as we have no Naval players, and i dont fee like adding a useless section at the moment. I will only be assigning plane,s not land equipment, and instead players will have 140 GP to customize their character in addition to their 30 CP to customize their platoon with men and vehicles. But the air forces will only have 40 GP to spend on ground weapons in case they ever fight on the ground, or eject before crashing, etc.

Mission at 6:30 PM EST TONIGHT!

EDIT:

The two chatrroms we will be using are:
http://asthedarknessgrows.chatango.com/
http://heroesriseandfall.chatango.com/

El Presidente Weapons and Stuff:

Tar-21: 60
Mini Uzi: 15
Armour: 40
2 Frags: 20
At Mine: 5
Total: 140

Men:

15 Foot Soldiers: 15
3 Black Ops: 9
2 Maschine Guns: 6

If I'm Reading this right then the BMP gets all those weapons, but not any grenades to start with... :mwaha:

Level: 1
XP: 700

Personal,
G36 Grenade Launcher
Mini Uzi
Body Armour
2 C4
1 Frag
1 Flashbang
1 Smoke Grenade
Combat Knife

Latest Mission Additions
30 left over

-----

Command, 30CP
1 BMP (10) Currently has 1 grenade
1 Liberation AA Platform (8)
1 MG Squad (3)
9 Men (9)
-----

I will split my command into groups for ease of command.

Squad 1: 4 men strong (Unless Stated otherwise, I accompany Squad 1)
Squad 2: 5 men strong
M1: Machine gun squad, split into MG11 and MG12 to deploy the machine guns seperately
V1: BMP (Carries Squads 1, Squad 2, M1, and Myself)
V2: Liberation AA Platform
-----

Prepare to meet your doom americans!

DT
Lord Crumpet :hatsoff:

@LH: Sure, assume you have a combat Knife. I knew I was forgetting something. Melee weapons will play a bit of a larger part in the Fantasy World btw.

@DT: Yup, the BMP doesnt start with any grenades, but it can buy any kind for that one amount (10 GP isnt it? I think thats what I listed). And it IS heavily armed. Its how it is in RL. I really have no idea why the US decided to make such a weak counterpart in the M2 Bradley, but it is what it is. Also, you start out with 30 CP, not 20. :p

Omega: F-15 or F-16. Choose one or the other as your starting plane.

Southern King: F-15 or F-16. Choose one of the other as your starting plane.

Olaf: Mirage 2000 or Eurofighter Typhoon. Choose one as your starting plane.

Um....start off in the 'As the Darkness Grows' chatroom guys. From there once enough people are there/it reaches the mission start time we will send one faction to the 'Heroes Rise and Fall' chat, but until then, it is better for organizational purposes to just stay in one. I am in both right now in case anybody gets confused.

OK, I'll update my troops. You might want to add that to the front page tho.
DT

Also guys, one VERY important change I am making in my CP system from the one in AU, is that during missions you can go over your CP limit if some other unit asks to join yours. Say a wingman lost his leader and wishes to follow you and your squadron, you can do that even if you are topped out on CP, or if you rescue a trapped MG squad, but you are still at 30 CP, they can still join you, at a price. For the first 1-5 CP you use over your limit, you get a -2 to all rolls, and for the 6-10 over the limit a -4 to all rolls, etc. Max is 15 CP over the limit, and reaching that limit will incur a -8 penalty. Your choice if the penalty is worth it.

These extra units will stay with you to the next mission like other men would, but you have to go down below 30 (or whatever your ACTUAL CP limit is at the time) before you can use CP to grab extra tanks or men from the base (in the thread). That means if you reach 41 CP in a mission, you can just drop 3 men you got for an extra MG squad. You would have to drop 14 men to get below the 30 limit in order to spend 3 CP on another MG squad.

Make sense?

OK, I'll update my troops. You might want to add that to the front page tho.
DT

I did.......Its been on there ever since I posted the OP. :p

EDIT: My bad. Just edited it in. Typo on my part. You were right DT.

I could have sworn the first 2 ranks were 20 then 35 at the begining, when I planned out my starting troops... :p

DT

August Sonereal
100 GPs to Powered Armor
25 to Gas Grenade

15 Left Over

Command
Three Machine Gun Squads
21 Foot Soldiers

Leveling Up

Leveling up will take 1000 XP + 1000X, with X being the level you are leveling up to. So it takes 3000 XP to level up to level 2. Make sense?

Now, leveling up may seem to be the same as being promoted, only promotions only affect CP and authority. Leveling up will affect your skill rating. From now on, everyone will have a new stat, 'skill'. You can be promoted to general, but still have the skill of a major after all. Rank does not equal more skill. Every level you achieve gives you 1 skill point, with certain levels giving 2, and certain medals and awards giving various amounts for special achievements. These skill points will affect your RNG rolls, because you will invest them in one of the classes. Say, your a foot soldier commanding tanks. From now on, you will get -3 on all rolls when you command that tank. You can use skill points to shore this up, or you could put them into the paratrooper class so that you get less of a penalty commanding commandos. Or, say your an ace interceptor commanding bombers. You need to invest skill points into whatever bomber class you want to invest in (strategic or attack) so that you get less of a penalty. OR, you could leave those penalties, and invest in YOUR class, so that infantrymen commanding infantrymen and aces commanding raptors get a +1 from now on. Invest another point, plus 2. etc. Right now, you have a 0 modifier for your class.

XP and GP rewards and promotions for tonight:

Sonereal: PROMOTION! First Lieutenant! 1500 XP, 70 GP

Lighthearter: PROMOTION! First Lieutenant! 1000 XP, 60 GP

Red: 500 XP, 30 GP

DT: 500 XP, 30 GP

Omega: 500 XP, 30 GP

Is a mission at 9 PM EST this Wednesday good for everyone? Can everyone make it? If only some people show up it will be a run of the mill mission in the Battle of New York, but if enough people can make it, it will be the final mission on Earth.

In other news, at a players suggestion, I have created dedicated AA weapons for both sides:

America:

Justice Missile System:
A prototype Missile system made by the USA to defend against enemy aircraft. Is made up of 3 HUGE trucks, 2 to store the missiles, and one to carry the platform that will launch them and the custom crane that will reload them. Carries 15 missiles and launches one at a time. Costs 12 CP

World:

Liberation AA Platform:
The Equal to the Justice System, and in fact the German platform the Justice System was based on. In mass production phase and much cheaper than the american system, this is similar, except it uses smaller and faster missiles that rely on using small amounts of explosions, kinetic energy, and computer guided missiles to score direct hits in order to take down the enemy's superior fighters. Carries 20 missiles. Costs 8 CP.

Supermarine Spitfire Multi-Purpose Missile System: A multi purpose Missile system, this is in mere prototype stage with no american equivalent, and it has been designed and made in Britain, and naturally tested against the french :)p). It can employ massed volleys of smaller warheads 6 at a time or a single shot of a larger missile. The smaller missiles are based off of a small amount of explosives complemented by Thermite and a special uranium compound (not quite nuclear, but much, MUCH more powerful than ordinary ordnance). Carries 60 smaller missiles and 10 larger ones. The larger ones use a Plutonium compound instead of uranium, and are used for Long distance attacks. All missiles are effective at both AT and AA purposes, and it also has a third missile for use against infantry, where it is filled with shrapnel and a new concentrated gas that gets into you through the pores in your skin and kills a human within 12 seconds, both of which are spread by a high explosive center. Fires 1 at a time. Carries 72 smaller rockets, 12 larger rockets, and 8 ground target rockets in heavily armored trucks that wont be breached by anything less than a full load of explosives from a B-52. The Launcher itself however is vulnerable to enemy fire, particularly from the air and from higher caliber tank guns on the ground. Costs 20 CP.

Top Bottom