As the Darkness grows, Heroes Rise and Fall...

Any Nation that lost 40% of its population would probably need help.

@SK: Guerilla warfare. Pretty Much anybody can win that if they do it properly and have a country as big as canada.

DT

Canada has the largest percentage of lakes and forests in the world, we also founded peacekeeping. If Canada was occupied by the US we probably would resist it in guerilla warfare and it would take more then 20 years to officially occupy us.

Also without nuclear weapons taking any major city would be a due to home advantage in urban warfare.

Canada has the largest percentage of lakes and forests in the world, we also founded peacekeeping. If Canada was occupied by the US we probably would resist it in guerilla warfare and it would take more then 20 years to officially occupy us.

Also without nuclear weapons taking any major city would be a due to home advantage in urban warfare.

20 years? BS! more like 2 years! and we actually did most of the fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan. Plus, y'all do not have nukes.

Honestly, idluce, as much as I don't like it, the US is far more militarily superior. Canada has never even been a major factor in any war ever.

Nukes probably wouldn't be used.

And Canada's mission in Afghanistan has been sorta succesful (so far), meanwhile America's has strengthed the Taliban due to the peoples hatred of the Americans war methods. I would call that backfiring...

Edit:

Passchendaele? Vimy Ridge? Detroit? Niagara? D-Day?

These are a few examples of major battles in 1 of 3 major wars Canada has fought in (WW1, 1812, WW2) which without Canadian participation the allied forces would have lost said battle...

Nukes probably wouldn't be used.

And Canada's mission in Afghanistan has been sorta succesful (so far), meanwhile America's has strengthed the Taliban due to the peoples hatred of the Americans war methods. I would call that backfiring...

No. what has Canada done? Nothing. Britain actually has helped out, but Canada has literally done nothing except give moral support while Americans are out there doing all the hard work.

Plus, remember it was American Navy SEALs who killed Bin Laden.

20 years? BS! more like 2 years! and we actually did most of the fighting in Iraq/Afghanistan. Plus, y'all do not have nukes.

Would depend on how much of the military was destroyed in the initial strike, but given how much room there is to hide in in canada a guerilla war would probably be fairly effective, particularly if the US wasn't devoting enough of its forces to destroying the resistance.

Also, nukes might well end up with the radiation giving you problems as well.

But this is all [offtopic], so lets either leave it here or you can take it to VMs/PMs.

DT

laden had othing to do with Afghanistan. And Kandahar, the region which started with the largest Taliban Factation, is a sole British and Canadian mission (Americans are in other regions) that Canada has been creditied with doing most of the work.

Edit: x-post with DT

laden had othing to do with Afghanistan. And Kandahar, the region which started with the largest Taliban Factation, is a sole British and Canadian mission (Americans are in other regions) that Canada has been creditied with doing most of the work.

Bin Laden CAUSED the Afghan and Iraq wars indirectly by killing 3000 Americans on 9/11. And Americans have done most of the hard work elsewhere in the Mideast.

Now, let's get back on topic, shall we>?

Right, well I hate to say this, but there will be no mission tonight. It will instead be on saturday september 10th, at approximately 5-6 PM in order to give DT a better chance at making it with his time zone issue. I also know general Olaf might have an issue with this (not sure), and if so, contact me, and we will work it out.

This is due to RL, which unfortunately for you guys comes first. Stayed up all monday night doing summer work, had school AND football practice tuesday (14 hours, maybe a little less), so I ended up getting 10 minutes of HW done before crashing, and I feel just as tired today. Again I apologize, but I still need to finish the equipment lists and everything. Expect those to be done by friday nigh-saturday morning depending on RL factors.

But I want to thank everyone for joining this! I will try my best to see you are not disappointed, especially not like this, but I thought I could of gotten more done than what I did, so its my fault. This WILL start soon, it is not on hiatus or dead, or even delayed by that much.

EDIT: And stop this off topic discussion please. Talk about it in universe and related to the game, sure, I dont mind. But make sure it is directly related. On some of those points though:

1. The american military is CLEARLY superior in just about every way to its canadian counterparts, especially its air force and navy. Not only in RL, but in this game, theirs was slightly larger, but so was the americans military as well. Remember, the PoD is the end of WW2.

2. Ilduce, on afghanistan.....well lets just say this: America does more work there, gets higher publicity there, is hated more by those people who give that publicity there, has many more men there, and america's efforts have weakened the Taliban (One can argue that ANY country invading that country would have earned the Taliban more recruits, simply by having foreigners invade and occupy the damned country), not strengthened it in the overall view of things. Bin Laden was also DIRECTLY related to the wars in the middle east, both of them. HE was the one that caused the reason to start the wars, HE was the target in afghanistan, HE was the leader of our main opponent in afghanistan, ETC.

Nukes were NOT used. I may or may not give more in depth analysis of the events that led up to this situation in the future in the form of history updates in the thread, but for now, DT may post the history he made for this game based on the explanation I gave him, and I want to give him a shout out here and a thank you for doing so. I was going to post it when I was doing the work on the lists for the OP, but since I havent done that yet and its a subject of curiosity, he can post it now if he wishes, and I shall edit it into the OP later.

The world is the same as IRL until the end of the Second World War. When the Americans voted down the marshall plan, rebuilding Europe was done largely by the USSR, Spain, and Britain. Spanish influence was small, and the British accepted Stalin’s hold over the east. This hold slowly expanded, and communism spread across the lands. Although the system was not completely secure, it eventually was accepted by most of mainland Europe. Britain’s power waned, and people across the world developed. Although American Isolationism was disliked, little came of it until 2011. In that year, the US, fearing for its dwindling oil reserves, invaded Mexico, and soon afterwards, Canada. The world, responded by forming an alliance, and the United Military of the World took up the fight against America, with only a handful of small countries uninvolved. However, the USA had control of almost all of North America by the time UMotW troops could respond in large numbers. Fierce fighting In central America and the Caribbean reached a stalemate, with the US home soil providing a base that their opponents superior numbers were hard pressed to make headway against. The UMotW was pushing north too slowly, and eventually reached a decision to launch a huge naval invasion on the US east coast. The Landing was a bloodbath, but the Allied World gained a foothold. Patriotic American Militiamen (and women) are taking up arms across the country, and New York has been dubbed the ‘New Stalingrad’ as the World Forces fight their way into the city in the bloodiest battle in history. Resistance is fierce, and if America can hold it may be enough of a psychological impact for the coalition to consider peace, but if they fail, their homeland will lie before the invaders, who might take it yet. The Stakes are High, Battle is imminent...

Anybody who gets the referance gets a cookie. :p

DT
Alt Historian :think:

MEANWHILE, Sonereal's frontal lobe starts eating his occipital lobe in protest.

They're saying that there's no way it would be one country vs. the entire world, to begin with at least, and they have good reason for saying that.

They're saying that there's no way it would be one country vs. the entire world, to begin with at least, and they have good reason for saying that.

I'm one of those in favor of not having a background story since, well, who needs one? :lol:

......The background for EARTH has MINIMAL effect on the rest of the game whatsoever. Most of the game will take place on a fantasy world, so you dont have to worry about it. Its just for those who would like it, and for those who do want a background, dont complain about how realistic it is, because quite honestly, I dont care how realistic you think it is. My more realistic attempts at a background story were shot down. *glares at somebody in particular*

Really, if you either dont care about it or think its unrealistic, ignore it, and just accept the current situation.

Stop arguing with the GM. You especially LH, should have restrained yourself, not only because you yourself are a GM, but also because WE HAVE BEEN OVER THIS. That is what *I*, the GM, have decided is the background story and the current situation. Period. This is your warning. The typical IOT rules can apply here as well. Show respect and courtesy to your fellow players AND THE GM. I didnt think I would have to post rules on being polite for people to follow, but I will if I have to.

<citation needed>

-L

What the Hell, Hero?

L, that was unnecessary. By Rule Zero, Arya is right and you were being a jackhole.

-Nukeknockout

PS: Canada doesn't have nukes, but it could have them in less than a week if it wanted them. Just saying.

LG Rules Lawyer Over, Under, and Out.

Top Bottom