• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Ashurbanipal vs. Kamehameha

I don't know, Catherine could potentially pack quite a wallop...

WITH FLYING CORSETS!

I though Alexander was the one who claimed to be descended from a god, not Augustus.

Divi filius
is a Latin phrase meaning "son of a god", and was a title much used by the adopted son of Julius Caesar, his great-nephew Octavian, the future Emperor Augustus.

(Is a good thing to be a wikipedian :goodjob: )

Pfft. Theodora is the only ruler in Civ who can conduct the business of statecraft without rising from her couch. She's got this covered.

As an aside, one thing I've always wondered - having never been DOWed by Theodora - does she actually ever get up?

Pfft. Theodora is the only ruler in Civ who can conduct the business of statecraft without rising from her couch. She's got this covered.

As an aside, one thing I've always wondered - having never been DOWed by Theodora - does she actually ever get up?

Nop. She present herself, trade, go to war, win (or lose) but never get up the sofa. Considering she is in the "courtesans-turned-queens" category, is pretty appropriate.

She stays pretty fit for a couch potato.

You must always remember that in her business there is a lot of sweating, so that might be it :) :mischief:

But for once, the sofa helps her, it can protect her from Isabel cross or Boudicca sword (if she hides behind it) :D

How about we split the contenders into categories instead eh? WHO IS DEADLIEST?

On horseback: Alexander (I'm assuming he has a kopis hidden somewhere... :scan:), Genghis Khan (again, I assume he has a recurve composite Mongol bow hidden somewhere), Napoleon (a hidden sabre I hope?),

On foot and armed: Askia with his double-edged sword, Attila with his potful of swords, Bouddica with her flailing sword, Gustavus with his walking stick and sword, Harald with his axe, Harun and his sword (not to mention peacocks ^_^) Hiawatha with his bow, Kamehameha with his fishing spear, Montezuma and his dagger, Oda with his THREE FRICKING SWORDS :D, Pacal with that scary headdress shrunken head staff :crazyeye:, Pachacuti with that ridiculously heavy halberd of his, Casimir with his (uselessly golden) mace and dagger, Shaka and his iklwa + shield.

(Relatively) unarmed: Augustus, Bismarck (who could start hurling his medals like shurikens :lol:), Darius, Gandhi (although I could imagine him going all kung-fu with a staff :cool:), Haile Selassie (ditto Bismarck), Nebu with his goblet, Ramesses with his crook, Rama with his ridiculous crown, Sejong, Suleiman and William with their books, Washington with his globe and Ash with his tombstone tablet.

Catfight: Catherine, Dido, Elizabeth and her pearls, Isabella and her cross, Maria the fat and Maria the mad, Theodora, Wu Zetian.

My personal picks would be Genghis to shoot down the other two, Oda to butcher the rest in classic Kill Bill style, Ramesses to shoot lightning bolts with his divine flail and Wu Zetian to use her hairpins in kung-fu movie style to jab the eyes out of the rest :crazyeye:

I almost feel like we're going to need to open a forum RPG in another thread at this point, with official rules, to determine the winner....

Someone said in an earlier post that Montezuma is unarmed. I was going to point out that he actually carries that ceremonial dagger (not sure what it's called) but Geppenguin mentioned it already.

So yeah, Montezuma is not unarmed at all. In fact he's fully equipped for and willing to tear your still-beating heart out as a sacrifice to the gods. :D

How about we split the contenders into categories instead eh? WHO IS DEADLIEST?

Gustavus with his walking stick and sword

Once again i'd like to remind everyone, its actually a pimp cane...i bet theres a pimp challis somewhere in the room just out of sight :D

Once again i'd like to remind everyone, its actually a pimp cane...i bet theres a pimp challis somewhere in the room just out of sight :D

:lol: Gustavus is lucky he doesn't have to compete with João II's pimp hat. :lol: Seriously - there needs to be another leader in João's place, we cannot let the Swedes get away with this!!! :p

Someone said in an earlier post that Montezuma is unarmed. I was going to point out that he actually carries that ceremonial dagger (not sure what it's called) but Geppenguin mentioned it already.

So yeah, Montezuma is not unarmed at all. In fact he's fully equipped for and willing to tear your still-beating heart out as a sacrifice to the gods. :D

I can imagine the crowd going wild with such display!!! :lol:
I wonder how much culture he would get for a leader... :mischief:

My personal picks would be Genghis to shoot down the other two, Oda to butcher the rest in classic Kill Bill style, Ramesses to shoot lightning bolts with his divine flail and Wu Zetian to use her hairpins in kung-fu movie style to jab the eyes out of the rest :crazyeye:

Ramesses would never win to Bismark and Haile flying medals and Suleiman, Willian, Sejong and Pedro books (did you saw the size of Suleiman's book? That would crack someone's head) :D

And again, Wu was never a warrior, so she has no chance against the "Weeeeee areeeeee pllllllllllllllllllllllleaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeed tooooooooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeetttttttttttt youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" cracking glass voice of Elizabeth and Isabel's cross :D

Once again, I have to say that Catherine's weapon is that Russians rarely lose, and if they do they come back with a vengeance. Catherine could probably knock any of the other women out in a fist-fight, and if someone else knocked her to the ground she'd bite off their ankles.

Top Bottom