Asia Buildings Pack 3

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
It's the third of my Asia Buildings pack series. :) The first four releases are buildings from the Indian subcontinent.

-Caravanserai (top left)
-Citrasala (bottom left)
-Elephant Stables (top right)
-Harappan Great Granary (bottom right)

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7371

Pack 3b:
Top Left- Akusho / Licensed District [Japanese]
Bottom Left- Imperial Academy [Chinese]
Center- Imperial Academy wonder splash [Chinese]
Top Right- Sushiya (Sushi Shop) [Japanese]
Bottom Right- Zen Monastery [Japanese]

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7688

The caravanserai graphics are partly influenced by some of the more elaborate Silk Road and Delhi caravanserais. Blue_Monkey mentioned that normally, they'd be far more simple (since they're pretty much rest stops for travellers and wandering foreign merchants). Some of the pics I came across on Google were pretty spectacular, though. :)

These look great, Ogedei! Can't wait for the rest of the buildings!

Now that my heart has slowed down & I've returned to full consciousness, I have to say that your creative understanding of Indian architecture & skill at rendering it is really getting superb!
The caravanserai graphics are partly influenced by some of the more elaborate Silk Road and Delhi caravanserais. Blue_Monkey mentioned that normally, they'd be far more simple (since they're pretty much rest stops for travellers and wandering foreign merchants). Some of the pics I came across on Google were pretty spectacular, though.
I think what you came up with is really, really good. The simple ones I described would be found at oases along the way, the one you gave us is more like what a metropolitan area would provide.

Looking good. IIRC a "Citrasala" is some sort of art gallery ... ?
It's function is a lot like what a major public or university "cultural center" would provide today. To quote the 'pedia text I wrote for R8XFT: "Public education and artistic achievement were key responsibilities for Indian rulers. Citrasalas were a combination of what today would be public libraries and art museums. Edifying displays and free public lectures would be presented to benefit the whole citizenry. Dance performances, plays, and other enactments of the common heritage might also take place there."

Nice. The elephant stable caught my eye because I had made one for Civ4. Well done. I might try to make the rest of your models in max for Civ4 as well.

Thank you very much for all your wonderful work. :thanx:

Top Bottom